The Hobbs Family Secret

Echols lies every time he interviews. I think his questions are submitted in advance from the interviewer. I would love to see someone give him so hard questions and call him out on his lies.

Have you ever seen one of Hobbs' interviews?

I would love to see someone give him so hard questions and call him out on his lies.
Well there'll always be the classics, by which of course I mean Echols' testimony at trial. This line of questioning durring his first day on this stand shows how easily Echols spouts lies:

Q. Had you been in the neighborhood near where Robin Hood Hills was in that residential area -- had you and Jason walked in that neighborhood on a frequent basis?

A. No.

Q. Had you ever been in that neighborhood walking with Jason?

A. Not walking with Jason, but I used to live over there when I was young.

Q. How long ago would that have been?

A. When I was in kindergarten.

Q. In the year prior to your arrest had you and Jason or you and anyone else on more than one occasion walked around in that neighborhood near Robin Hood Hills?

A. No.

Q. That's also as true as everything else you have told us?

A. Yes.

And the continuation the next day shows how easily he can be called out on them:

2 Q. Now, yesterday I asked you some general questions
3 about, you had indicated that you and Jason quite
4 frequently walked around areas of West Memphis?
5 A. Yes, sir.
6 Q. Okay. I want to direct your attention on this
7 diagram -- in fact, let me circle it. This area right
8 in here which would be, I believe, east of -- is that
9 14th?
10 A. Yes, sir.
11 Q. It is east of 14th Street and south of the service
12 road and the interstate. In that particular
13 neighborhood, Market Street, Goodwin, in there, did you
14 and Jason frequently walk and roam in that area, the
15 same neighborhood where the three victims lived?
16 A. I think by looking at the map I would have had to.
17 Q. How often?
18 A. Probably in that area maybe twice a week.
19 Q. For how long a period?
20 A. A few years.
21 Q. How many?
22 A. Probably at least two years.
23 Q. All right. And that, when you told us yesterday
24 that you hadn't been over in that area, the residential
25 area near Robin Hood Hills, were you just not thinking

1 of that particular area?
2 A. No, when you said "neighborhood," I just didn't
3 know what you are talking about, what that neighborhood
4 is.
5 Q. But when I specified that particular area, the
6 neighborhood that I circled, you were there two or
7 three times a week?
8 A. Probably an average of two to three times a week.
9 Q. And what would the purpose be over there? Would
10 you all just being walking around the neighborhood?
11 A. I had to walk through there to get from my house
12 to Jason's house. I would have to walk through there
13 to get from my house to Domini's house or anywhere in
14 Marion.
15 Q. Okay. Where were you living at the time?
16 A. At the time I was arrested, Broadway Trailer Park.
17 Q. Okay. Well, when you were walking over here --
18 this is the interstate, didn't you -- where, if you
19 could, show me where you lived?
20 A. Right here (indicating), somewhere along in there.
21 Q. So you lived south of Broadway?
22 A. Uh-huh.
23 Q. And what time period was that? When did you quit
24 living south of Broadway?
25 A. When I was arrested.
But Echols has obviously learned to avoid people interested in such facts since his trial, and as least as long as there's so many people willing to defend even his denials of the simple fact that he lived in West Memphis around the time of the murders I doubt we'll see an interviewer get him to come clean about anything again.

At least Damien replies with "yes" and "no" answers and offers to go into detail. Hobbs only replies with "I don't know" or "maybe." In interviews his body language also reveals how defensive he is (when he crosses his arms), and when he laughs (at inappropriate times) he's obviously trying to hide his anxiety about the questions because he's clearly uncomfortable with them (we know why.) He also always tries to avoid or change the subject of questions that he does not like so that he feels more comfortable giving an answer (which we talked about earlier.) He also appears self-absorbed, narcissistic, as if he's above the law or he feels like he can get away with anything. And why can't he ever get his alibi straight the night the boys went missing? That's right, because he obviously had something to do with the murders. He's had so many conflicting alibis it's ridiculous. Nobody forgets a day like that. You can't just selectively forget the day somebody close to you was murdered. That's just not normal. IMO he remembers exactly where he was, exactly what he was doing, and exactly what happened. He cannot explain that away no matter how hard he tries.

Do you realize you've only linked one recent article from a student run law journal, but claimed both "law schools and law journals" in the plural sense as fact? And how exactly do you figure most of the world has even heard about this case, let alone feel they know enough about it to formulate an opinion on Misskelley's confessions?

http://www.lasisblog.com/2012/02/24/revisiting-a-terribly-wrongful-confession/

http://www.lasisblog.com/2012/02/25/revisiting-a-wrongful-confession-part-ii/

http://myweb.wvnet.edu/~jelkins/adcrimlaw3/archive-assign.html

http://myweb.wvnet.edu/~jelkins/adcrimlaw4/paradise-lost2.html

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/2011_fall/braga.htm

What's worthless is claims regarding complex matters such as the veracity of confessions from those who go around in circles refusing to even acknowledge the well documented fact that Echols lived in West Memphis at the time of the murders.

You really are hung up on where Echols lived. I haven't chimed in on it before, but per the arrest report it was 2706 South Grove, West Memphis, AR, which is also listed as the place of arrest.

And the confession is still worthless.

What about the blood on the pendant that was shared between Echols and Baldwin? Wouldn't that also connect two of them to the crime for you.

Not to mention all the other evidence fibers and the confessions.

What about Byers, I thought the supporters were sure he did this crime, but you don't hear much about that anymore for some reason.

Was the blood from the pendant DNA typed or simply typed for blood type?

What "evidence fibers?"

Byers was suspicious due to his behavior and fell victim to the same thing Damian did. Simple explanation. This is why evidence matters. Byers understands this. Maybe others can get over it as he has?

But Echols has obviously learned to avoid people interested in such facts since his trial, and as least as long as there's so many people willing to defend even his denials of the simple fact that he lived in West Memphis around the time of the murders I doubt we'll see an interviewer get him to come clean about anything again.

<<snipped by me>>

Maybe one day we might hear something from one of the other two convicted, but not as long as they are makin' all that money.

I just want to say that I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Imagine the frustration if any one of us were one of these men (boys basically at the time) and there was absolutely nothing to "come clean" about. I recall during the trial either Damian or Jason remarked that they stayed pretty calm because they felt that since they had not killed the boys they could not be convicted of the crimes. Smh, if only that were true in our country.

<<snipped by me>>
Maybe one day we might hear something from one of the other two convicted, but not as long as they are makin' all that money.

You continually say they are making all this money. have you got documentation to show as much (I sound like someone else here) or is this just WAS?

That said I support the WM3 and will continue to. I typically believe those accused truly are guilty. In this case. True Injustice. I have contributed to the fund and have a print of Damien's. So.....He had the harshest of conditions. How he survived is a true testament in my mind of who he could be given the chance. I think his chance came in Prison. Sadly. IMO Damien is the person today he was to become. It was always there. Never challenged and no opportunity to do so.

What about the blood on the pendant that was shared between Echols and Baldwin? Wouldn't that also connect two of them to the crime for you.

For clarity's sake, the blood on the pendant was of two different types. The amount was miniscule and was totally "used up" in the initial testing. All they could determine back in 1993-4 was blood type. The two types matched Damien and Jason (the two young men who wore/owed the necklace). Coincidentally, Jason and Steven Branch have the same blood type. All blood type can do is exclude someone as the donor. It cannot identify the donor, only a possible donor. There is absolutely nothing unusual about this pendant having Damien's and Jason's blood on it. If it could be proven that the blood was Damien's and Steven's, then we'd have something to discuss. However, back in 1993 - 4, the only thing that could be identified was blood type. Because this blood typing didn't really "prove" anything, the results of the typing were not entered into evidence at the trial.

Furthermore, if you watch [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKnGYZfuBBQ]this footage[/ame], you will see how duplicitous the prosecution was with this information. First, only Jason's attorneys were at the secret meeting, even though Jason and Damien were being tried together. Then, the prosecutors wanted to mention only that the blood on the necklace was Damien's and Steven's, leaving Jason totally out of the mix. If anyone doesn't think that's unethical, I don't know what to think!

Not to mention all the other evidence fibers and the confessions.

The fiber evidence has been debunked. Please read this letter from one of Jason's attorneys stating that the so-called "fiber match" discussed at the original trial was not really a match after all. As to Jessie's statements, :banghead:

What about Byers, I thought the supporters were sure he did this crime, but you don't hear much about that anymore for some reason.

JMB has been cleared. No physical evidence linking JMB to these murders has been found. Physical evidence linking Terry Hobbs to the murders has been found, however. Unlike the faulty reasoning employed by the wmpd, supporters have continued to "follow the evidence" (as the police should have) and the hairs have been physically linked to Hobbs.

Hobbs yes many questions. Cept he doesn't feel the need to answer them. gee wonder why?????????

At least Damien replies with "yes" and "no" answers and offers to go into detail.
Well by that example: do you have any basis for believing all of the documentation regarding where Echols lived around the time of the murders is not real evidence?

You really are hung up on where Echols lived.
I've no issue regarding where Echols lived, and rather it's others who've gotten hung up refusing to acknowledge the fact that Echols tells lies about even such simple and irrefutable matters as where he lived around the time of the murders.

I don't care where Damian legally lived at the time. Teenagers tells lies, can be untruthful and deceptive.... that is not some breaking news information. I don't feel Damian lied about where he was living as that really was not important at the time and being deceptive about it wouldn't have made any sense as it's something that would have been uncovered as a deception pretty darn quickly during the investigation if it were actually important. It wasn't important then and isn't today.

For clarity's sake, the blood on the pendant was of two different types. The amount was miniscule and was totally "used up" in the initial testing. All they could determine back in 1993-4 was blood type. The two types matched Damien and Jason (the two young men who wore/owed the necklace). Coincidentally, Jason and Steven Branch have the same blood type. All blood type can do is exclude someone as the donor. It cannot identify the donor, only a possible donor. There is absolutely nothing unusual about this pendant having Damien's and Jason's blood on it. If it could be proven that the blood was Damien's and Steven's, then we'd have something to discuss. However, back in 1993 - 4, the only thing that could be identified was blood type. Because this blood typing didn't really "prove" anything, the results of the typing were not entered into evidence at the trial.

Furthermore, if you watch this footage, you will see how duplicitous the prosecution was with this information. First, only Jason's attorneys were at the secret meeting, even though Jason and Damien were being tried together. Then, the prosecutors wanted to mention only that the blood on the necklace was Damien's and Steven's, leaving Jason totally out of the mix. If anyone doesn't think that's unethical, I don't know what to think!

The fiber evidence has been debunked. Please read this letter from one of Jason's attorneys stating that the so-called "fiber match" discussed at the original trial was not really a match after all. As to Jessie's statements, :banghead:

JMB has been cleared. No physical evidence linking JMB to these murders has been found. Physical evidence linking Terry Hobbs to the murders has been found, however. Unlike the faulty reasoning employed by the wmpd, supporters have continued to "follow the evidence" (as the police should have) and the hairs have been physically linked to Hobbs.

How long did it take for the supporters to decide that JMB was cleared?

I do believe that the hair is linked to thousands of people.

So :banghead::banghead: all you want. The truth is that three convicted child murderers plead guilty. You can't deny that one.

Well by that example: do you have any basis for believing all of the documentation regarding where Echols lived around the time of the murders is not real evidence?

I've no issue regarding where Echols lived, and rather it's others who've gotten hung up refusing to acknowledge the fact that Echols tells lies about even such simple and irrefutable matters as where he lived around the time of the murders.

He has even lied about being mentally ill and it was his own defense team who submitted the 500 files.

KING: Had you ever been convicted of anything?

ECHOLS: No.

later in the interview

KING: You had never been convicted of anything.

Did you ever do physical harm to anyone?

In other words, were they able to bring up anything in court to show that this is a violent guy?

ECHOLS: No. It was mostly all rumors. You know, they would trying to say this guy is a Satanist because he listens to Metallica, therefore he must be violent. You know, it was all some sort of circular logic type thing. There was nothing -- you know, anything like that.

a little more later in the interview

KING: So what your psychiatrist was saying, that the nature and severity of your multiple psychiatric illnesses made you unable to rationally understand the legal proceedings against you.

Did you have multiple psychiatric illnesses?

ECHOLS: I don't think so. I think at the time I probably suffered from what most teenagers suffer from, you know, just teenage angst, maybe depression, maybe sometimes even severe depression.

But I don't -- I think it is harder to judge something like that when you are going back in hindsight than it is whenever you are actually, you know, there at the time. You know, this would have been someone who didn't know me at the time of the trial. This would have been looking back in hindsight and trying to put everything together.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0712/19/lkl.01.html

Here is his profile with reference links to his 500 files

http://wm3truth.com/damien-echols-profile/

If you want to visit locally try this thread

Damien Echols Psychiatric History & Treatment
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211845"]Damien Echols Psychiatric History & Treatment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Do many people have a hard time processing how an Alford Plea works? Basically the plea of guilty because you recognize the state has a case that is able to be prosecuted with good chance of conviction but maintaining your innocence? When using this plea you agree to accept the punishment for a crime without admitting guilt. It's not hard to grasp but I keep seeing people conveniently concentrating on that "they plead guilty" thing.

KING: Had you ever been convicted of anything?

ECHOLS: No.

later in the interview

KING: You had never been convicted of anything.

Did you ever do physical harm to anyone?

In other words, were they able to bring up anything in court to show that this is a violent guy?

ECHOLS: No. It was mostly all rumors. You know, they would trying to say this guy is a Satanist because he listens to Metallica, therefore he must be violent. You know, it was all some sort of circular logic type thing. There was nothing -- you know, anything like that.

a little more later in the interview

KING: So what your psychiatrist was saying, that the nature and severity of your multiple psychiatric illnesses made you unable to rationally understand the legal proceedings against you.

Did you have multiple psychiatric illnesses?

ECHOLS: I don't think so. I think at the time I probably suffered from what most teenagers suffer from, you know, just teenage angst, maybe depression, maybe sometimes even severe depression.

But I don't -- I think it is harder to judge something like that when you are going back in hindsight than it is whenever you are actually, you know, there at the time. You know, this would have been someone who didn't know me at the time of the trial. This would have been looking back in hindsight and trying to put everything together.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0712/19/lkl.01.html

Here is his profile with reference links to his 500 files

http://wm3truth.com/damien-echols-profile/

If you want to visit locally try this thread

Damien Echols Psychiatric History & Treatment
Damien Echols Psychiatric History & Treatment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I was specifically asking you what you think/understand/feel Damian was disagnosed with as a mental illness. ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back