The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

As I have read, reputable programs/papers have questioned Darlies guilt.

Why is Darlie any different from Scott Peterson, Jodi Arias, or Amanda Knox. ?

Darlie was convicted of a crime and sent to prison like Peterson and Arias. They will never confess and will always blame someone else.

In my humble opinion:

Darlie decided she no longer wanted the boys around when she told them to go out side, all day until 9 at night a de facto neglect of the boys safety and well-being

These two boys are told to leave the home, to look out for themselves without a parent, outside all day. No adult supervision

When the boys were around in their own home, she was reminded of how much easier her life would be without them. Both boys felt like a third wheel to her, suddenly an easy baby all day to two boys needing attention, care, supervision and an adult to parent them overwhelmed and stressed her

I also strongly feel that Darlie has some OCD when it comes to cleaning and how that factored into her sending the boys outside all day. Cleaning up in my opinion reveals itself three times in this case

1) Darin mentions that Darlie cleans and the boys are right behind her making a mess

2) clean up of the blood at the murder scene, no damage except vase, almost perfect on the floor, no mess or broken stems

3) upon entry to her home a few days after the murder, mentions replacing, cleaning and the cost of fixing the place up, of you know her own kids blood on the carpet and curtains

Could that have factored into the brutal slaughter of her children. Her kids made messes and were messy like most kids those ages, that frustrates her and leads to anger and resentment along with everything else she was feeling

To make her life easier to her....the children had to, in her mind , be brutally slaughtered and eliminated from her life because she felt stressed and overwhelmed, abandoned by Darin to essentially a single parent to three kids, denied a much need vacation to Mexico if I recall. Turned down for a loan, depressed, broke.

When Individuals wonder if she killed her kids I am perplexed to say the least not withstanding the direct evidence but how she treated the boys before the murder is relevant also

What has always bothered me is that Darlie & Darin invited the news reporters. Who does that? When you have lost a child you want to grieve not be the center of attention.

Who does that? A full blown raging narcissist like Darlie, that's who. Her mind doesn't work like ours. She's happiest when she is getting attention.

Unfortunately the reality of life is that parent harm their kids

So I absolutely agree that Darlie is not an anomaly, but she will never change her story. She probably believes after all this time that an intruder did break in and slaughter her kids

Considering the totality of the evidence and the most likely through review of all the evidence in this case, I suspect the Innocence Project will come to the same conclusion that Darlie is not innocent

Again, I fail to see any verifiable info that the investigators have actually taken her case due to a miscarriage of justice and wrongful conviction

Unfortunately you are right, and some parents do murder their children, while most do not.

Which reminds of all the cases I have followed here through the many years involving murdered children.

The majority seem to immediately vilify any parents who's child wounded up murdered. I cant even remember even one case where it didn't happen where the majority on blog sites weren't 100 percent absolutely convinced beyond any doubt they were guilty, only to find out the parents weren't guilty of anything during the worst most trying times of their lives, needing support instead of 24/7 being falsely accused unfairly. Imo.

I don't know if Darlie is innocent, but I do know in hundreds of cases or perhaps thousands of cases, each jury was absolutely convinced they were guilty BARD, only to find out years later they weren't guilty including a few who had already been put to death. :(

I would think all would be ecstatic those with the IP are on now involved her case. If she is guilty their involvement will be more evidence proving it to be the case.

If it shows guilt then the DP will most likely be imposed quickly, which I totally agree should go forward once they conclude she is guilty if she is.

Jmho

Unfortunately you are right, and some parents do murder their children, while most do not.

Which reminds of all the cases I have followed here through the many years involving murdered children.

The majority seem to immediately vilify any parents who's child wounded up murdered. I cant even remember even one case where it didn't happen where the majority on blog sites weren't 100 percent absolutely convinced beyond any doubt they were guilty, only to find out the parents weren't guilty of anything during the worst most trying times of their lives, needing support instead of 24/7 being falsely accused unfairly. Imo.

I don't know if Darlie is innocent, but I do know in hundreds of cases or perhaps thousands of cases, each jury was absolutely convinced they were guilty BARD, only to find out years later they weren't guilty including a few who had already been put to death. :(

I would think all would be ecstatic those with the IP are on now involved her case. If she is guilty their involvement will be more evidence proving it to be the case.

If it shows guilt then the DP will most likely be imposed quickly, which I totally agree should go forward once they conclude she is guilty if she is.

Jmho

Exactly , just too many unanswered questions and acting weird crazy etc should not factor into it , and even on this forum people have said "the silly string video did it for me ,those posters would definitely have me in prison if you saw how oddly I dealt with my grandsons death and it was a natural death, I was doing everything possible not to acknowledge that it even happened, IMO all possible DNA testing should be done , and the change of venue did not work in her favor at all half those jurors convicted her on her appearance before the trial even started . JMO IMO I am not a fan of the DP but if its an absolute/no question they are guilty ...yes put them down ...but her case just has too many unanswered questions , if the innocence project finds her guilty I'm all in, put her down like a rabid dog ...but if she is innocent , how could you deal with losing your kids then being locked up ? its a horrible thought . They should be sure.

Wow, posters bring up some valid points. Thank you for making this case more interesting

I am not always in full agreement with the DP and I feel if Darlie even now, if she was offered life she might take it. But that would be contingent on a full confession. I do have doubts that she would ever change her story and lose supporters, even to save her own life. I don’t think she may internalize that after all these years, she truly is going to die.

Darlie and her family members live in a fantasy world, alternative reality, belief in what they want, her eventual release from prison

I went over a statement analysis of the 911 call, the beginning

What really struck me, is her acceptance in the 911 call of the finality of the death of her kids. A a previous poster pointed out, parents are extremely unwilling to accept the death of their child, children and grandchildren. Very much so.

But hers is my babies are dead, my babies are dying, acceptance of their deaths, during the 911 call. Her intent was to kill them, not inflict injury.

So I absolutely without a doubt would be the first one to say that I have concerns, along with others I am sure, with the USA justice system.

But I do feel, if the police had found facts and evidence from the start, that supported her story, then they would have collected that evidence if it had actually existed.

The evidence would have supported her intruder story and the truth would have prevailed.

In this day and age so many people make up stories and say things without any evidence, just a baseless assertion, not based in reality and fact. That is the basis of Darlie story, to convince people to ignore the evidence
of her guilt, but to believe her

Does anyone think after all this time, someone in charge might offer her life.?

Some of her supporters may make her a martyr of an innocent women put to death, they will never accept her sentence nor the evidence of her guilt.

Did I read not only is the IP going over the evidence, but that her attorney are allowed unfettered access to files to determine if the DA suppressed exculpatory evidence.

I am glad the more scrutiny the better... to be 100% certain of the sentence, anything less then that is not acceptable

Exactly , just too many unanswered questions and acting weird crazy etc should not factor into it , and even on this forum people have said "the silly string video did it for me ,those posters would definitely have me in prison if you saw how oddly I dealt with my grandsons death and it was a natural death, I was doing everything possible not to acknowledge that it even happened, IMO all possible DNA testing should be done , and the change of venue did not work in her favor at all half those jurors convicted her on her appearance before the trial even started . JMO IMO I am not a fan of the DP but if its an absolute/no question they are guilty ...yes put them down ...but her case just has too many unanswered questions , if the innocence project finds her guilty I'm all in, put her down like a rabid dog ...but if she is innocent , how could you deal with losing your kids then being locked up ? its a horrible thought . They should be sure.

I've served on 3 juries, and let me tell you, jurors in the cases I was on (2 traffic accidents and a sexual assault) were absolutely bending over backwards looking for justice, giving the defendant the benefit of the doubt. Looking for an explanation why things occurred, taking each witness' testimony seriously, weighing the evidence. In the one traffic accident where the defendant made a u-turn on a highway sending an 18 wheeler into a ditch to avoid crashing, I said that obviously he was guilty as making a u-turn is illegal in that area. Well, some other jurors wanted to review where in the road it occurred, distances from point A to point B, etc. We DID find him guilty, because a person can't do a u-turn on a highway with cars whizzing by, but those jurors were not going to convict without dissecting all the evidence. All this to say that I don't believe for a second that jurors convicted based on her appearance. I wouldn't think the silly string would have been a deciding factor, but then again, it enabled her to get a lot of attention, which she craves as a narcissist. Being raised by a narcissistic mother I can say that my own mother wouldn't care if we were hurt by an action of hers as long as she got attention, and I believe Darlie is exactly the same..

I've served on 3 juries, and let me tell you, jurors in the cases I was on (2 traffic accidents and a sexual assault) were absolutely bending over backwards looking for justice, giving the defendant the benefit of the doubt. Looking for an explanation why things occurred, taking each witness' testimony seriously, weighing the evidence. In the one traffic accident where the defendant made a u-turn on a highway sending an 18 wheeler into a ditch to avoid crashing, I said that obviously he was guilty as making a u-turn is illegal in that area. Well, some other jurors wanted to review where in the road it occurred, distances from point A to point B, etc. We DID find him guilty, because a person can't do a u-turn on a highway with cars whizzing by, but those jurors were not going to convict without dissecting all the evidence. All this to say that I don't believe for a second that jurors convicted based on her appearance. I wouldn't think the silly string would have been a deciding factor, but then again, it enabled her to get a lot of attention, which she craves as a narcissist. Being raised by a narcissistic mother I can say that my own mother wouldn't care if we were hurt by an action of hers as long as she got attention, and I believe Darlie is exactly the same..
have you heard some of those jurors interviews , please take a look you will have to google but , I wouldn't want THAT Jury to determine my innocence or guilt on ANYTHING!!

I grew up in Texas and came back and live here now. I have never said 'they' when referring to one person. MOO

“They” is a gender neutral pronoun used when a person may be unaware of the sex of an individual (perhaps a masked one, or in the dark).

You wouldn’t say “it ran out the back door!”

On another point-
As a healthcare professional and former ER nurse, I cannot remind people enough that the events that happened that night would cause extreme confusion, especially when awakening to the scene she did and in the condition she was in. There is also the potential that she used drugs (pot in the home, amphetamine in her system), she wasn’t sleeping well and could have been incredibly tired, etc.

Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you that when the mind experiences “gaps” in memory, your brain will try to build memories or events to fill those in. It is also incredibly likely that your mind will fill those gaps with things others tell you. It happens often in car accidents where people lose consciousness, in rapes where date rape drugs are used, etc. The nature of the mind is to create something, anything, to fill in that void. This is irrespective of the fact that Darlie was also possibly attacked, knocked out/passed out, chloroform could have been used, etc.

Don’t forget, the responding officers adrenaline and sensory processing of the scene caused him to retreat and vomit. It wasn’t even his family, which would make it so much worse.

“They” is a gender neutral pronoun used when a person may be unaware of the sex of an individual (perhaps a masked one, or in the dark).

You wouldn’t say “it ran out the back door!”

On another point-
As a healthcare professional and former ER nurse, I cannot remind people enough that the events that happened that night would cause extreme confusion, especially when awakening to the scene she did and in the condition she was in. There is also the potential that she used drugs (pot in the home, amphetamine in her system), she wasn’t sleeping well and could have been incredibly tired, etc.

Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you that when the mind experiences “gaps” in memory, your brain will try to build memories or events to fill those in. It is also incredibly likely that your mind will fill those gaps with things others tell you. It happens often in car accidents where people lose consciousness, in rapes where date rape drugs are used, etc. The nature of the mind is to create something, anything, to fill in that void. This is irrespective of the fact that Darlie was also possibly attacked, knocked out/passed out, chloroform could have been used, etc.

Don’t forget, the responding officers adrenaline and sensory processing of the scene caused him to retreat and vomit. It wasn’t even his family, which would make it so much worse.

Yeah lying will do that too which is what she did and has continued to do. There is no reason whatsoever for her to have fallen unconscious. She had no head injury, she wasn't chloroformed, LOL. She's lying. Memory should have filtered in long ago if she had any amnesia. If you're a nurse you would know that. She wouldn't have amnesia for 22 years.

That is not true about an officer retreating and vomiting, that is a lie told by Darlie and Darin.

What do you all think about the Innocense Project accepting Darlie's case? All I can say that if they help prove Darlie is indeed innocent I will have a lot of crow to eat! I've believed her to be guilty for years but if they can prove me wrong I'm willing to admit I was wrong and offer my appologies. Just curious what everyone thought about them accepting her case after all of these years.
Don’t worry..you won’t have to eat crow. That woman is guilty as sin.

Yeah lying will do that too which is what she did and has continued to do. There is no reason whatsoever for her to have fallen unconscious. She had no head injury, she wasn't chloroformed, LOL. She's lying. Memory should have filtered in long ago if she had any amnesia. If you're a nurse you would know that. She wouldn't have amnesia for 22 years.

That is not true about an officer retreating and vomiting, that is a lie told by Darlie and Darin.

I don't get why her husband covered for her if he woke up and found two of his kids dead or dying at her hands. Did they test her for drugs? Sometimes cops make up their mind about a person and from then on they don't investigate further. It seems likely someone in that house was involved. I just wonder about the husband.

Yep, cops do make up their minds and never investigate further, it's called tunnel vision. There are many cases where this has happened, plus most "cops" were men back then and a great many didn't like women very much. IMO of course. I believe Darlie got a raw deal. What about the other people who went in and out of that house, were they ever fully investigated?

I don't intend to post here much, or maybe ever again. I just had to get that off my chest.

Yep, cops do make up their minds and never investigate further, it's called tunnel vision. There are many cases where this has happened, plus most "cops" were men back then and a great many didn't like women very much. IMO of course. I believe Darlie got a raw deal. What about the other people who went in and out of that house, were they ever fully investigated?

I don't intend to post here much, or maybe ever again. I just had to get that off my chest.
well I agree with you 100% esp. there in the good ol boy area!

LOL, what other people? Do you mean the nurse from across the street? The one who was stopped at the front door and not allowed entry? Oh those lousy men cops going around framing little innocent housewives.

LOL, what other people? Do you mean the nurse from across the street? The one who was stopped at the front door and not allowed entry? Oh those lousy men cops going around framing little innocent housewives.

Exactly. Darlie was targeted because she is a woman? Nope in fact it's her gender and looks that make people not want to believe it.

I also want to note that her supporters have no problem with coming up with wild and baseless theories about her husband.

Lizzie Borden was acquitted because she was a woman and the jury thought like most folks back then. In those days most people assumed that the "fragile sex" was incapable
hacking parents to death.

Also as a cop I would feel like more of a hotshot if I snagged a 6ft tall male serial killer type. Why would anyone want to railroad someone while a real killer goes free and has the opportunity to do this again?

The evidence all pointed to the pretty housewife and mother. It happens. Mother's sometimes kill children. It's called fillicide.

Who all has heard of Diana Downs? She shot her 3 kids and shot herself in the hand. The " boogie man" happened to her as well. She also staged a bizarre performance for the media.

Last edited:
As I have read, reputable programs/papers have questioned Darlies guilt.

Why is Darlie any different from Scott Peterson, Jodi Arias, or Amanda Knox. ?

Darlie was convicted of a crime and sent to prison like Peterson and Arias. They will never confess and will always blame someone else.

In my humble opinion:

Darlie decided she no longer wanted the boys around when she told them to go out side, all day until 9 at night a de facto neglect of the boys safety and well-being

These two boys are told to leave the home, to look out for themselves without a parent, outside all day. No adult supervision

When the boys were around in their own home, she was reminded of how much easier her life would be without them. Both boys felt like a third wheel to her, suddenly an easy baby all day to two boys needing attention, care, supervision and an adult to parent them overwhelmed and stressed her

I also strongly feel that Darlie has some OCD when it comes to cleaning and how that factored into her sending the boys outside all day. Cleaning up in my opinion reveals itself three times in this case

1) Darin mentions that Darlie cleans and the boys are right behind her making a mess

2) clean up of the blood at the murder scene, no damage except vase, almost perfect on the floor, no mess or broken stems

3) upon entry to her home a few days after the murder, mentions replacing, cleaning and the cost of fixing the place up, of you know her own kids blood on the carpet and curtains

Could that have factored into the brutal slaughter of her children. Her kids made messes and were messy like most kids those ages, that frustrates her and leads to anger and resentment along with everything else she was feeling

To make her life easier to her....the children had to, in her mind , be brutally slaughtered and eliminated from her life because she felt stressed and overwhelmed, abandoned by Darin to essentially a single parent to three kids, denied a much need vacation to Mexico if I recall. Turned down for a loan, depressed, broke.

When Individuals wonder if she killed her kids I am perplexed to say the least not withstanding the direct evidence but how she treated the boys before the murder is relevant also

Also related to the cleaning, are those IMO tacky clear plastic runners she used, because the boys brought in dirt and water from outside. I just find that obsessive. The kids are kids for only so many years. Let the family room be just that, not a "Roman" room with gewgaws and tchotchkes that must look pristine at all times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back