The Innocence Project has now accepted Darlie's case

Discussion in 'Darlie Routier' started by JenniferTx, Apr 18, 2019.

1. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Only Tommy Sells Maybe the only example but there have been a lot of middle of the night entry's Etc its not impossible but why was the other occupant 100% cleared ...or was he ? I know the majority of the evidence but I still have lots of reservations and I don't think she did it, I'm not a fan at all I don't think we would like each other in real life, I just have never clicked with this for some unknown reason.

Natkea, Marg from Oz and joejs89 like this.

2. Marie A

Marie A Well-Known Member

I’ve ALWAYS thought she was innocent. Imho she had a lot of “frenemies” and very jealous people in her circle who were happy to bring her down. They smeared her for things that are common in wealthier Texas suburbs like boob jobs & jewelry. They portrayed her as a bad mother- but I think she got a bad rap. I also believe this investigation was completely bungled and that at the time in 1988 Rowlett, Texas police detectives were in WAY over their heads. They needed to preserve evidence and call in the FBI or at least the Dallas Police Department detectives. I think the “silly string” incident was blown WAY out of proportion and misinterpreted. The “silly string” video at the grave wrongly convicted her. Darlie was young and naive/ misguided but nobody can fault her for acting crazy after losing her babies. There is a bloody fingerprint that hasn’t been identified, a bloody sock was found in the alley, she was stabbed severely enough in her neck that she was very close to dying herself. I truly hope they can prove her innocence. There are other cases where transients break in and stab people in the house and flee without committing burglary. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

3. Me66

Me66 Active Member

And in other cases where people break in, there are signs of the break in, evidence of the intruder etc. Locard’s exchange principle.

I don’t want to think that Darlie killed her kids either, but many parents have done just that. And in this case, the evidence points in one direction only.

4. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

I do not know if she did it or not. I also think there was enough reasonable doubt to acquit her. Waiting to see if this case is reopened.

5. tinyrip1

tinyrip1 Member

What is the innocent project's percentage of overturned convictions? It seems odd to me that they would take this case when every piece of dna evidence that they've already ran comes back to darlie. If the innocence project get all the dna done that they want and it still comes back to darlie will that change the minds of her supporters?

6. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

I doubt that the minds of her supporters will ever be changed. They ignore evidence. They can't believe that a mother would kill her children in such a horrible way. They judge from their own feelings which don't include room for a narcissistic, troubled woman choosing to stab her own babies and then herself because they can't imagine a sickness allowing such a scenario. They are good people who have absolutely no idea how bad a momma can be based on their own experience and feelings alone.

7. sloane7777

OK FYI not me, I am so beyond troubled honestly and I have been so sad , angry etc , I can defiantly see me doing something insane ( lets keep that between us ) and need to be reeled in every once in awhile , two of my closest friends one from in high school/one that was my first babysitter committed matricide both girls that I would say would never never do this , both cases I adored their moms , so I don't fall into that " she would never do this category" I swear I was not joking when I said in real life Darlie and I would probably not like each other at all , its something else , I just do not think she did it , but I don't know about the other one , Id sure be interested in what the surviving child who is grown now thinks and has heard over the years.

8. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

That is a sad thought. How could you/would you ever resolve yourself to the fact (scenario if you prefer) that your mamma is a monster? I would expect that would be next to impossible for one who had little memory of that time.

9. tinyrip1

tinyrip1 Member

I think drake has been told that his mother was railroaded and she's innocent. My father's cousin killed his wife (also featured on forensic files) and most of my family on that side think he's innocent... oops it was an accident. So i get the family thinking she couldn't possibly have done it. I had heard years ago on a message board that one of her sister's was thinking Darlie had done it. But i can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Darlie guilty as charged board? I spent a lot of time there.

10. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Is that board still in existence, would lie to check it out if you could provide a link. TIA

11. tinyrip1

tinyrip1 Member

Its no longer visited anymore. the last post is from several years ago, but the messages there are still intact, and had interesting discussions. Delphi Forums Login. There's the link if you want to take a look. I think alot of the people who were there are here now for the most part. I'm a little late to this party.

12. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

I would like to see Darin in the hot seat. Something about him isn't right. To say the least lol

13. sloane7777

Just cant put you finger on it eh? me either!!

Marg from Oz, Berrybell, SAMS and 4 others like this.
  14. tinyrip1

tinyrip1 Member

Is it the lies? because I feel like it might be the lies.

15. sloane7777

hahaha!!!!

16. annkitty

annkitty New Member

Are we in corrupt 1997 Texas or are we in 2020? Hey Cami :)

17. cami

cami Keep your fork......

Darlie was not raped. She refused a full rape kit as they were done at Parkland Hospital not Baylor, and settled for an examination by an OB/GYN. Nor was she rendered unconscious by ether or anything else. She is oriented as to time and place on the 911 call not groggy from drugs or anything else. In fact her tox screen showed only the diet pills she was taking. She wasn't dizzy, nor did she ever pass out. She is lying when she says she used an unstable vacuum cleaner as a crutch when she was standing beside a counter she could have leaned on if she felt faint. She told that lie to explain her blood on the vacuum.

18. TDoc72

TDoc72 Well-Known Member

snipped by me
    What is Darlie doing while this guy is killing the kids? I don’t think an intruder would leave an adult sitting there to possibly scream for help or fight back because he’s worried about two little boys.

19. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

It has always surprised me that the sock was taken out of the house in an apparent attempt to get rid of evidence but the knife was put back into the knife butcher block.....so figure.

20. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

She was probably cleaning.