The JonBenet Ramsey Case in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a recent article where the JonBenet case gets a mention. Of course all murder cases of this type should be investigated equally and impartially. I would actually argue little JonBenet actually got the rough end of the stick:

They sat down and talked, with Julie reminding her daughter of all the questions she’d peppered her mother with since she was five. Watching news coverage of the Trayvon Martin murder, Naomi had asked why the white shooter thought the black teenager looked scary. In later years, she would see the unsolved JonBenet Ramsey case on magazine covers at the grocery store and wonder why the decades-old murder of the white pageant child still commanded attention when the deaths of so many black children went unnoticed.

What It's Like to Become the Voice of Your Generation—At Age 12

Of course these documentary makers have done it on purpose to get publicity for their documentary but quite strange really that parents would want their child to audition for the part of a murdered child like this:

And of course dress up as well.

Here is an interview with The Casting JonBenet documentary:

Will the JonBenet Ramsey Case Ever Be Solved?

This is crazy here is a link with a men's T Shirt with JonBenet on it:

wordplaythursday | JonBenet Ramsey - Mens Premium T-Shirt

The T Shirt in the above post has Patsy standing over the body of JonBenet. I did not realise there were such things:

fig,heather_grey,mens,ffffff.2.jpg

https://www.redbubble.com/people/le...onbenet-ramsey-i-know-who-killed-me?p=t-shirt

This is crazy here is a link with a men's T Shirt with JonBenet on it:

wordplaythursday | JonBenet Ramsey - Mens Premium T-Shirt

jj
'Alice in Wonderland', Queen of Hearts
t-shirt reads:

"A pageant princess prefers pretend playland to
portraying a professional patsy while palpable parental
pandering possibly provides prurient procurement placing
her petite physique into the palms of a professed pervert"

Redpill
As you say, inferences can be made but
does the exception prove the rule?

re: Australian, rn lingo

google

australian fat cats
Search Results
Web results
Fat Cat and Friends - Wikipedia
Fat Cat and Friends - Wikipedia
Fat Cat and Friends is an Australian children's television show starring Fat Cat a costumed character, who is an orange/ginger anthropomorphic cat who wears ...
Original release?: ?1972 –; 27 December 1991
video, Fat Cat & Friends [1987] :

google trends, 'grow a brain':
Interest over time, United States 2004-present:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=grow a brain
[Why Cali and Texas?]

vs

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=AU&q=grow a brain
Interest over time, Australia 2004-present= "warning
Hmm, your search doesn't have enough data to show here"

google trends, 'fat cat'
fat cat, Australia 2004-present

interest by subregion:
1South Australia
2Western Australia
3Victoria
4Queensland
5New South Wales

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=AU&q=law enforcement
law enforcement, Australia 2004-present

Australian National Dictionary
Australian National Dictionary

pick up.
The act of engaging casual employees; the time and place at which this is done.

picker-up.
?Shearing. A shed-hand who gathers up the shorn fleeces: see quot. 1899. Also picker-upper.

picking-up,vbl. n.
1. The process of clearing land of fallen timber, branches, etc., after burning off: see quot 1952.

English > Australian & New Zealand English
List of Australian English dictionaries
Australian English dictionary - Aussie Slang LEXILOGOS >>

Last edited:
OP
The end of innocence of our children

Aug 10, 2019

"Mothers like Patsy Ramsey portrayed her daughter JonBenet as older, wearing high heels and lipstick, dancing seductively on stage. And Kim Kardashian-West allowed her daughter North West to wear bright red lipstick and physically seductive clothing in Instagram photos at the age of six. It devalues intellect, character and spirituality, a person's most valuable qualities, while promoting physical features."

OP

Aug 10, 2019

"Mothers like Patsy Ramsey portrayed her daughter JonBenet as older, wearing high heels and lipstick, dancing seductively on stage. And Kim Kardashian-West allowed her daughter North West to wear bright red lipstick and physically seductive clothing in Instagram photos at the age of six. It devalues intellect, character and spirituality, a person's most valuable qualities, while promoting physical features."

Here is an interesting clip about a documentary about the case:

Here is an interesting clip about a documentary about the case:

The point I want to make is people have different opinions and perspectives the 911 caller perceived Patsy as being insincere in her call where to me I hear a grief stricken mother. She of course took the call and was there but did she believe this at the time or is it the subsequent publicity surrounding the case that made her think this and she is sat in a room of experts who want her to believe this and vice versus. She might be right though as I say she took the call I did not. I understand why people might think Patsy was a suspect and even John but not Burke I cannot understand the logic behind that and to me it is a theory made up in the last few years.

I posted this interesting article on another thread but I think it has some relevance to the JonBenet Ramsey case as after all this is bottom line about the brutal murder of a six year old girl:

Glamorising violent offenders with ‘true crime’ shows and podcasts needs to stop | Evening Report

Here is part of the article which mentions Bill Thomas whose sister was killed by the offender known as the Colonial Parkway Killer:

Some victims are speaking out.

A recent article focused on on Bill Thomas, whose sister Cathy’s 1986 murder in Colonial Parkway, Virginia, remains unsolved. Bill is at the first day of CrimCon, an annual true crime festival, to draw attention to his sister’s murder and put pressure on the FBI to investigate it further. To do that, he has to rub shoulders with people wearing clothes emblazoned with serial killers’ faces.

The point I want to make is people have different opinions and perspectives the 911 caller perceived Patsy as being insincere in her call where to me I hear a grief stricken mother. She of course took the call and was there but did she believe this at the time or is it the subsequent publicity surrounding the case that made her think this and she is sat in a room of experts who want her to believe this and vice versus. She might be right though as I say she took the call I did not. I understand why people might think Patsy was a suspect and even John but not Burke I cannot understand the logic behind that and to me it is a theory made up in the last few years.

Like I say I can understand why people have their theories but not why they think Burke killed his sister and try to make money out it:

icon-options.png

Post by mark on Apr 29, 2019 at 5:29am
Well I just watched that 2 hours documentary, The case of JB Ramsey, and I think it’s more than obvious who did it.
Particularly interesting were the demonstration that nobody could have entered from the window without wiping the spiderwebs; and the recording of the talk between Burke and a detective, where he is obviously vague and sensible to apparently innocuous things like a pineapple.
I also watched his recent interview, and he did nothing to improve his credibility. Poor guy.

ht

Like I say I can understand why people have their theories but not why they think Burke killed his sister and try to make money out it:

icon-options.png

Post by mark on Apr 29, 2019 at 5:29am
Well I just watched that 2 hours documentary, The case of JB Ramsey, and I think it’s more than obvious who did it.
Particularly interesting were the demonstration that nobody could have entered from the window without wiping the spiderwebs; and the recording of the talk between Burke and a detective, where he is obviously vague and sensible to apparently innocuous things like a pineapple.
I also watched his recent interview, and he did nothing to improve his credibility. Poor guy.

ht

The point I want to make is you have to keep an open mind but this poster Mark again accused Burke of killing his sister and I do not think this is morally right but the case is about opinions:

so who realistically killed JonBenet Ramsey? | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer

The point I want to make is you have to keep an open mind but this poster Mark again accused Burke of killing his sister and I do not think this is morally right but the case is about opinions:

so who realistically killed JonBenet Ramsey? | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer

What I will say is the vast majority of people care about these cases and this is why JonBenet case is so prominent today. We will see but this includes the FBI Agents involved in this case and others that would not be solved without there involvement and conscious as to what is right and wrong.

Here a recent video report about a former LE Officer's reddit thread:

Here a recent video report about a former LE Officer's reddit thread:

My belief is the Ransom Note was likely written before the murder as Lou Smit theorized. If it was an intruder it was one with a great deal of patience a sick sense of humour and one that liked to spend time at crime scenes. One thing for certain it is a perplexing and confusing crime and to me these presenters and the former LE Officer sound as perplexed and confused as ever.

My belief is the Ransom Note was likely written before the murder as Lou Smit theorized. If it was an intruder it was one with a great deal of patience a sick sense of humour and one that liked to spend time at crime scenes. One thing for certain it is a perplexing and confusing crime and to me these presenters and the former LE Officer sound as perplexed and confused as ever.

It appears the reddit thread may have been a little while ago:

A Det. On The Ramsey Case Speaks, 20 Years Later

Here is an interesting video report from You Tube from the time Mark Karr was considered a suspect after his confession:

Here is an interesting video report from You Tube from the time Mark Karr was considered a suspect after his confession:

My feeling is this crime may actually have been a rather routine one as he had committed many before. If is was an intruder though I often wonder what people though he was doing that night he entered the house that Christmas and why he was not with his family. Of course just trying to work out this puzzle and get answers for JonBenet or as others say a voice for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak