The Jury Speaks Thread

Again - I would like to reiterate...I believe this thread is for WHEN THE JURY speaks...I come here, expecting to see new links to juror interviews, etc. Yet I am reading POSTER views, etc. Not ragging on any one particular, but can we PLEASE leave this thread for when THE JURY SPEAKS? There are other threads for these other topics. TIA and JMO
Thank you. Perhaps the off topic posts could be moved to the sidebar thread?

So - I am new here - if this is only for links to *actual juror interviews* - where is the thread where we discuss what they *say* in these interviews? Thanks~~
This is the thread to discuss the interviews.

The sole purpose is to discuss the juror interviews. Several of them have been very forthcoming and shed a lot of insight regarding what they were feeling, thinking, etc.. This can be a very interesting, informative discussion - it will be what you guys make it, okay?
However, there is a lot of off topic discussion in here at the moment. The place to discuss other things is the 'sidebar' thread:
SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!! Don't want to get in trouble when I'm still in double digits :)

No, lol, no trouble - it seems a lot of the threads become "discussion" threads, no matter what the thread name.

I just really wanted this thread to stay "clean" cuz I am really interested in the juror's thoughts, etc.

If this is improper please delete immediately with my apologies.:blushing:

I wanted to allow people to step away for a while and not be afraid of missing when some of the most important people in this case speak, the Jury. Let's make them easy to find by placing them here?

So far:
Jurors who were let go have come out and spoken.
An alternate Juror spoke last night and one did as a Facebook verdict response to the public.
The Foreman gave an interview with Good Morning America this morning.

They are tricking out and it's only the day after. If you have links to what I listed above or others in the future please share.

Jodi has her own thread specifically for her interviews so I felt we should give the Jury one too. I hope this is OK to do. Maybe the mods feel this would be a post only, no discussion thread. ??

Mandy, I just saw the line next to your avatar. So sorry to hear about your teacher. That is horrible. I know the perpetrator will get what's coming to him.

Well, Juan did ask her if she liked the sex. Her answer was "Yes. At times". He likely didn't want to specifically ask her "Did you like the anal sex?" due to not wanting her to say she didn't like it.

Her statement of "you sure do know how to work the booty", said in "glowing" terms, was an indication to me that she sure wasn't opposed to it. I am old(er) -perhaps not as old as the oldest juror - and I can tell you that anal sex was not unknown back in the day. It wasn't my cup of tea, but as a young woman I had a neighbor who was probably 25 years older than me who described that she and her husband used it as a means of birth control! This was before "the pill" was around.

Plus, I think there are many gay men who enjoy it.

As an aside, but while on the subject of regular anal sex, look up "anal sphincter incompetence". It is medical condition that can develop. Unfortunate, but often seen in the gay community. Anal sex is not the only thing that will cause it, but it is one of them.

I don't usually post but I had to say this in regard to the anal sex. I have a single, older girlfriend who has told me she prefers anal sex. So that being said, I guess it's different strokes for different folks....no pun intended....

I think that is a flaw in the justice system. I think it should be totally chosen at random. If 50% of the country, hypothetically, is against the death penalty, and juries on DP cases can only be taken from the remaining 50%, I don't think that's fair. That's not really a 'random' jury. Selecting jurors without asking them their inherent preferences acts like something of a referendum on the death penalty itself, and I think that's really important to have.

I know I wouldn't have been able to serve on that jury (not only because I'm British, but also because I'm against the DP). I would have charged JA with first degree murder no doubt. But just because I'm not predisposed to a DP verdict I don't think should stop me from performing jury service on a DP case. I'm just glad I'll never have to!
The thing is that the legislature decides whether or not the DP is an option for punishment in a given state -- and voting is the proper way for the citizens of the state to input their choice. The jury is there to uphold the laws of the state, the laws that the majority of the voters in the state have endorsed by their votes. So folks who are against the death penalty need to become active and get anti-death penalty legislators voted in and not try to nullify the laws that a majority of the state's voters have endorsed.
I'm against the death penalty, too. That's why, if I lived in a state with the death penalty, I wouldn't serve on a DP jury.

An Interview with Tara Kelley Jodi Arias Alternate Juror

We were “sick” of the stock, scripted questions developed by producers at major news outlets. So, we developed a list of questions we thought you’d actually care about and Tara was nice enough to answer them for us. If we missed anything, please comment below and we will ask Tara for a follow up interview.

http://www.simplysickofit.com/jodi-...-with-tara-kelley-jodi-arias-alternate-juror/

The foreman publically acknowledges he was one of 4 jurors who voted against DP in Jodi Arias penalty phase.

Three mitigating factors:

Age coupled with No Criminal History
Dysfunctional Family
TA verbally and mentally abused Jodi

VIDEO:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=211014911&ref=rcvidmod&sec=528732

More comments

What she did was horrific - is at peace with his decision - hopes this is last call to jury duty ... never wants to do it again - ever.

More to come on the SHIFTING DYNAMICS in the jury room ... said some people changed their minds and went from LIFE to the Death Penalty.

The foreman publically acknowledges he was one of 4 jurors who voted against DP in Jodi Arias penalty phase.

Three mitigating factors:

TA verbally and mentally abused Jodi

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=211014911&ref=rcvidmod&sec=528732

More comments

What she did was horrific - is at peace with his decision - hopes this is last call to jury duty ... never wants to do it again - ever.

More to come on the SHIFTING DYNAMICS in the jury room ...

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

Ah ... NO surprise that foreman voted for "life" ...

:furious: And it makes me furious that he accuses Travis of "abusing" Jodi ... he's got it bass-ackwards ! JODI was the ABUSER !

:moo:

Well, the US Supreme Court has said that the death penalty must be reserved for the "worst of the worst." I believe it is constitutionally sufficient just to establish an aggravating factor. However, "not the worst of the worst" can be a mitigating factor just like anything else relating to the defendant or the crime. But then the jury can say "we give that very little weight in light of the fact that there will always be a handful of true monsters and she is only one step below that."

I believe one of the jurors said in an interview that the group who voted for life were not influenced by the foreman.

Yep, Juror #6 stated so on Dr. Drew....and it was in response to my question I asked on Twitter! That was awesome that he chose my question

Ugh

Foreman doesn't think Jodi Arias is a menace to society.

Thinks something happened and she's got to pay for it and she will pay for it.

WHAT????

@ 6:35 mark

Ugh

WHAT????

Is he talking about the same Jodi Arias we're discussing??

How is that even possible????

And how is age a mitigating factor?? She was 27 (right?), not 10. I think she knew what she was doing.

Ugh

WHAT????

BBM: WTH ? :banghead:

Does foreman know that she was packing a 45 mm and had knives in books when she was arrested -- and -- she was getting ready to "go on the run" ?

Is he talking about the same Jodi Arias we're discussing??

How is that even possible????

BBM: Obviously NOT :furious: ...

Foreman is talking about the fake and foney Jodi Arias who "put on a performance" for the jury -- which was a totally different Jodi when the jury was out the room ... "flipping the bird" at people on camera ...

Obviously this foreman is ... lalalalalalala lalalalalalala lalalalalalala ...

:seeya:

Says you don't put people to death for being stupid or lying.

Again. I. Say. WHAT?????

How about premeditating the savage murder of another human being with an aggravator of cruelty?

And how is age a mitigating factor?? She was 27 (right?), not 10. I think she knew what she was doing.

Yep ... 27 years old !

She was 32 years at the time of trial, but tried to make herself look like she was frail, 20 year old ... JMO but she really looks 42 ...

:waitasec: I hope that made sense ...

:moo:

Says you don't put people to death for being stupid or lying.

Again. I. Say. WHAT?????

How about premeditating the savage murder of another human being with an aggravator of cruelty?

BBM: Exactly !

And ALL 12 jurors voted for pre-meditated murder -- and -- ALL 12 jurors voted for EXTREME CRUELTY !

Seriously, did this foreman LOOK AT THE AUOPSY PHOTOS ?

OMG ! Just thinking about those photos makes me want to cry !

:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back