The jury - VERDICT IS IN! GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins and needles doesn't even BEGIN to describe this feeling - I CAN NOT imagine how Sheri & the boys family and friends feel right now.

God, please speed up your work just a teeny weeny little bit - PLEASE!

ETA - that was a prayer to the big man NOT the jury...

are there cameras in the courtroom? figured I'd come watch with y'all while we await a verdict in the brad cooper case.

@CaseyNolen
Casey Nolen
Coleman back at the courthouse, but can't be too urgent jurors outside smoking. #colemantrial #KSDK

I hate to say this...but a public defender could just WOW ordinary citizens with his interpretation of what the law is. I can see this person intimidating others with his "superior knowledge." Sort of like attending a cooking class at your local night school and one of the other students is a Celebrity Chef.

The question about "reasonable doubt" is very worrisome. How did this person ever get on the jury?

are there cameras in the courtroom? figured I'd come watch with y'all while we await a verdict in the brad cooper case.

Yep, I'm doing the same thing, double verdict watches. I'm going cross-eyed here.

I hate to say this...but a public defender could just WOW ordinary citizens with his interpretation of what the law is. I can see this person intimidating others with his "superior knowledge." Sort of like attending a cooking class at your local night school and one of the other students is a Celebrity Chef.

The question about "reasonable doubt" is very worrisome. How did this person ever get on the jury?

That is exactly what I am concerned about.

hard to imagine mr public defender getting all 12 to go not guilty--I'd worry more about a hung jury....and hey it just may be that they are dotting every i and crossing every t here...if I was on a jury and was putting someone away for ever, I'd want to make sure I looked at the case from every angle...

hard to imagine mr public defender getting all 12 to go not guilty--I'd worry more about a hung jury....and hey it just may be that they are dotting every i and crossing every t here...if I was on a jury and was putting someone away for ever, I'd want to make sure I looked at the case from every angle...

There is a spitefull little piece of my moral fiber that wants the jury to D--R--A--W this out just to torture him.

:blushing:

I know its not true , but...

What in the world is taking them so long???? I want to know already if justice is going to be served TODAY!!!!!

Yep, I'm doing the same thing, double verdict watches. I'm going cross-eyed here.

The BC verdict watch is making me crazy too - but I do understand there is quite a lot of very technical evidence and testimony to review. I just don't see any points in this case that are that difficult to grasp!

Course, that could be because I made up MY mind about CC two years ago tomorrow. :)

I hope the significance of today's date is not lost on that jury!

Hello All,

If it is any comfort to you, I was on a jury once and knew the answer very well, the guy was guilty. On the other hand the whole "reasonable doubt" thing can be very confusing. I/we needed definition.

We are not talking about "doubt" (no one saw the murders), we are talking about "reasonable doubt." It is NOT reasonable to think that Chris didn't do this, but the defense relies upon the confusion about reasonable doubt.

I had to take myself out of the situation, then take another run at it. I needed to know what "reasonable doubt" was.

Is there anything reasonable that makes me doubt this guy was as drunk as a skunk and driving? No...

Slam dunk on Chris. If the jurors step back and take the overview, they will realize the guy was at home, he left, came back to a dead family. Then there is all the other stuff like the video of him at the police station, the scratches on his arms, the lies, the setup and bodies that were IN NO WAY freshly killed etc.

There is "no reasonable doubt." The problem is the "doubt" -- because we came just shy of someone actually "seeing" him do it.

The opposite side of the coin is, "Do I have any reasonable doubt that someone else did it?" Not at all, not one skosh.

CaseyNolen Casey Nolen
by ksdknews
@RyanJDean did learn jurors asked for definition of reasonable doubt yesterday and to see window from Coleman home. #colemantrial #KSDK

I hope you are right, but I'm starting to worry about a hung jury. He is so obviously guilty. The only way it isn't him is just too out there to even be considered. I've heard a lot of posters talk about the dishonesty of Chris's attorneys (I know nothing about them). Is it possible one of them or one of the Coleman's got to someone on the jury?

Questioning reasonable doubt leads me to believe someone is hanging on to that phrase for dear life.

Hello All,

If it is any comfort to you, I was on a jury once and knew the answer very well, the guy was guilty. On the other hand the whole "reasonable doubt" thing can be very confusing. I/we needed definition.

We are not talking about "doubt" (no one saw the murders), we are talking about "reasonable doubt." It is NOT reasonable to think that Chris didn't do this, but the defense relies upon the confusion about reasonable doubt.

I had to take myself out of the situation, then take another run at it. I needed to know what "reasonable doubt" was.

Is there anything reasonable that makes me doubt this guy was as drunk as a skunk and driving? No...

Slam dunk on Chris. If the jurors step back and take the overview, they will realize the guy was at home, he left, came back to a dead family. Then there is all the other stuff like the video of him at the police station, the scratches on his arms, the lies, the setup and bodies that were IN NO WAY freshly killed etc.

There is "no reasonable doubt." The problem is the "doubt" -- because we came just shy of someone actually "seeing" him do it.

The opposite side of the coin is, "Do I have any reasonable doubt that someone else did it?" Not at all, not one skosh.

Me too, Wrinkles. I remember the first day we were all bamboozled with just the instructions, then writing everything out on a whiteboard just to make sure we were following the steps correctly.

Yes, we knew he was guilty - heck, we even had it on videotape.

But there were too many options to choose from the the most legal eagle would have to take a step back. We decided to sleep on it, and came back the next day, discussed it again at length, and said GUILTY (for which instruction I now can't remember).

It's not easy being a juror. I don't know how many options these guys get to choose from (1st degree, manslaughter, etc.).

MOO

Mel

Hello All,
--snipped--

W - you are strong, confident, intelligent and have been involved in sleuthing. How many on the jury are like you? I know he's guilty - but are there any jurors who can be swayed or intimidated because they don't have some (or any) of those attributes? I don't mean to say jurors are stupid, but the defense didn't even put on a defense!

I admit I'm almost as nervous as Sheri's family probably is. And this dragging out is really making me nervous. But I hope they are just doing a good job so there are no reasons to accuse them of not looking at the evidence.

aimee... 2 1/2 mos. my girlfriends granddaughter. i keep her for free so her momma can save some $$$

I remember you telling me this now - sorry for the repetiveness. I have my son (OJ's) 2 kids today while they are moving closer to me and my hubby is helping them move. Sad though he can't keep the boxer so have to find good home for Murphy Lee. (pic in my photo album)

ETA = pic
picture.php

Juries often like to mull their verdict over lunch and come back with the verdict afterward. Just a pattern I have noticed over the years, may mean nothing here.

Hope so!

Good to see you - been a long time! Did we Coleman-posters wear you out back in "the day"? :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong