The Kitten

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by MamaK, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

I'm curious how old this cat / kitten is. Are we allowed to slueth the kitten since it has not been named a POI (pet of interest)?
    Maybe I should get back to painting the house, I need the fresh air.

2. marge_rita

marge_rita Former Member

:laughcry:

3. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

If one of the boys wanted to bring the kitten into the house, and was even sleeping with the kitten, how sad if the kitten is homeless once again. It's enough for the boy that Lisa is no longer around, but if he'd wanted to keep the kitten, it can be traumatic for a child to have a pet taken away, in addition to his "baby sister". I would love to believe, however, that the poor little kitten does have food, a warm place to sleep, and love.

:(

MOO

4. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

I am so glad you wrote this! I have been thinking about the kitten since the beginning. (my brother says its because I feel more in common with animals than people lol.)

purplepeacefuleater likes this.
  5. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

You are most certainly not alone with that compassion!

:)

6. sktrsmw

sktrsmw Member

I am also one that has thought about that poor innocent little kitten from day one, wondering what became of it. Maybe because I am involved in animal rescue, or because I am a cat lover, but the word "kitten" popped-up immediately. I hope it is safe.

7. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

Maybe she found the kitten wherever she left Lisa.. and considered it a sign or an omen.:waitasec:

8. Just K

Just K New Member

If it is true that Social Workers will again interview the boys, maybe we will find out if there really was a kitten and how kitty came to be in the home & in the bed with one or both of the boys and mommy.

Perhaps we will find out if the younger son had a nightmare and got into bed with mom & the kitten or brought the kitten with him to mom's bed.

Finding out when that kitten came into the house might tell us if Moms was really drunk. Because if it came in late and Mom set up a box, put out food and water for it and possibly bathed it then it will be real hard to convince me that she was stupor drunk.

9. ahoyhoy

ahoyhoy New Member

THANK YOU!
    Cops will often say there's no such thing as a coincidence in their work. This case is FULL of them.
    Also, DB & JI's language---"GRIEVING"---Can't say LISA'S NAME---ALREADY speaking about Lisa in the PAST TENSE---and so many more examples.

I am praying they find Lisa soon enough to still determine c.o.d. (sorry folks, it's probably true).

10. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

IMO if they could find Jack the Cat at JFK airport after 2 months, we can find the Invisi-Kitty!

:cat:

11. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: "pet of interest" ... hilarious !

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

12. MaryAnn

MaryAnn New Member

:woohoo: I'm so happy they found Jack. wow, that's a miracle especially at JFK airport.

13. sherbetjello

sherbetjello Where is Kyron?

Comforter was taken and dog hit on the floor of the bedroom. My guess? It's related. Not saying cat was ever in the home, I have my doubts about that...

14. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

The kitten is intriguing b/c it's another first.

We also use our cat as a scapegoat.

OT, but I thought giving kittens milk gave them diarrhea?

15. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

I'm glad the kitten didn't catch a mouse or there would be another square peg to try and force into a round hole. :p

16. butwhatif?

butwhatif? Well-Known Member

The stealing of the breath thing is an old wives tale, but I personally know somebody who's 5 month old baby died by being smothered by a cat.

It worried me how much she hated cats (to the point where it looked like she was ready to kill them), until I found out the reason why.

It's certainly not common. But there's at least one case in which it has definitely happened.

17. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

What did the coroner report say? According to snopes sometimes cats are blamed for what is actually SIDS. It doesn't list any documented stories of cat actually smothering a baby. And frankly, even if we assumed such a thing was possible-clearly after smothering the baby the cat is not going to drag it out and bury it-so where is the baby?

18. AlmostGone

AlmostGone New Member

Our big fat cat would lay on our two year old but we trained him not too.. My two year old is 36 pounds and I still don't think in a heavy sleep he could push a cat off of him...our cats sleep with us mostly or in their own kitty bed...

19. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

I had a relative that said that cats(kittens) try to drink the milk out of the babies mouth. I had cats and babies and never caught one in the babies crib. I did something called feeding them so they weren't hungry and second they knew they weren't allowed in the babies room.

20. SDT

SDT Verified Insider

HOLY CARP!!! This just hit me and I have to get this out.

Does anyone remember Diane Downs and the unicorn (horse) statue she had made BEFORE she shot her 3 children? It was said during her trial it was basically a memorial to her children because of their love for horses.

Does anyone think it is absolutely nuts that this new kitten came into their lives the very hours that Lisa disappears off the face of the planet? This is way out there, but stay with me for a second...........

Apparently, DB may have had a thing for cats. The last outfit that Lisa was reported wearing had kittens on the shirt. Surely, Lisa hadn't already shown a huge interest in cats so Mom picked up the outfit cause her baby girl loves her some cute little kitties. Is it possible the kitten is a memorial to her love of cats and the kitten is a memorial for her missing child???? Could this have been preplanned?

Just a random thought that popped into my head and I had to get it off my chest. Of course, this is all speculation and my opinion only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.