The Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then...DB just allowed this kitten to go around the house pooping at will? A cat will not use an empty dish pan as a toilet. You must include litter of some type.

I don't know what to make of the kitten. He/she may mean nothing in the scheme of things, but it sure adds a confusing wrinkle to the whole evening...

Since the newly found stray cat was mentioned so early and so often, I've always wondered whether it might be a ploy to make Deborah appear more sympathetic. You know, give her a kind, earth-mother type persona. The "if she allowed stray kitties to sleep in her bed, how could she have done something so sinister as to harm her baby daughter" type of thing.

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it here.

IF DB found a kitten after JI went to work (which is what the parents say), then she allowed the kitten to sleep in the house with no litter box or food available? :waitasec:

And if somehow it turns out that she did have litter and food available for this kitten, where did it come from? DB never mentions leaving the house that night.

Bad parent and bad kitty owner.

Okay then...DB just allowed this kitten to go around the house pooping at will? A cat will not use an empty dish pan as a toilet. You must include litter of some type.

You can tear up newspaper. That's what I did when I had mine declawed. Invisi Kitty might not even be boxed trained though... :crazy:

My weird theory regarding the kitten (if, in fact, it exists):
What if DB or someone in the family, while disposing of Lisa, saw the kitty at the disposal area and saw it as some sort of "sign" from Lisa. So, they took it home, almost as some sort of "replacement" for Lisa and also to keep the boys busy so they might not notice Lisa gone for a few hours.
Hope that makes some sense. And of course it's just speculation!

My own feeling on the kitten is that she used that to occupy the boy’s attention so they wouldn’t notice much else. I also worry that it may have appeared while disposing of something.

Just can’t figure out any way that you would let a stray cat be in bed with a child without getting a health check first.

I too am curious as to why the kitten is even mentioned.
Let me preface this by saying I was known in my family for bringing in stray animals (anything I found). That said... Does anyone find it odd that someone would sleep with a stray kitten they found a few hrs before. She most likely didnt bathe the kitten since that is a difficult task for a sober person. I realize the kids may have brought it in the bed, but then I surely wouldnt keep telling everyone how I slept with the stay (ie: smell,dirt, disease, etc.)

Sorry pinkfly, I was typing when you posted... so I repeated your thoughts (great minds think alike) :)

Many cats and kittens have found their way into my life, often showing up without me being prepared. A box of dirt or shredded newspaper makes an instant litter box. No cat or kitten I've ever had was confused about what to do once they saw it. Many of the strays didn't even need a litter box because they meowed to go out when they had enough of "domestic kitty" life. I once had a neighbors cat who decided to take all her naps at my house and she would sit at my front door and meow until I let her in. After her nap, she'd go to the front door, ready to go home.

As for food, when I didn't have cat food at that moment, a saucer of milk, canned tuna, or leftovers from the refrigerator worked well enough in a pinch.

Really, taking care of a stray cat is not that difficult unless it is truly feral.

My own feeling on the kitten is that she used that to occupy the boy’s attention so they wouldn’t notice much else. I also worry that it may have appeared while disposing of something.

Just can’t figure out any way that you would let a stray cat be in bed with a child without getting a health check first.

The only thing is that in the people article we learned (all from DB and JI so take it as you will):
* The neighbor was over from 5:30 - 10:30. This is very easy for LE to check, so why would they lie?
* JI states that originally he thought he would be home around 10pm but the job took longer than expected, and that's why he wasn't home until 3am. He says he had no way to reach DB because those darn cell phones were restricted/turned off or whatever.
* The article also states that the kitten was not present before JI went to work. DB says she found the cat sometime between 5:30 and 10:30... while the neighbor was there.

If the neighbor was there that whole time, how did she run somewhere to grab the kitten? I'm assuming the neighbor is talking to LE and possibly BS (the PI) but she's not talking to the media, and I don't blame her one bit for that. But, why would the parents knowingly report things that the neighbor can completely contradict?

I think the kitten is really not involved.

Well......All of us think letting a stray kitten in to ruthlessly crap all over the house and quite possibly give us fleas or some other feline disorder is "somehow wrong". Well, we are indeed correct. However, I have a cousin who is notoriously stupid and makes choices like this all the time, i.e. letting stray animals in while her family is on welfare with no money to pay for vet bills, ect... I remember seeing her kids covered with scabs from flees...... Seriously, you just can't fix stupid. She too, often has her cell phone cut off, but is never without diet coke and cigaretts..... I think bringing in the kitten and buying the wine speaks volumes about DB's priorities and the type of person she is.......

D@mnit, now thinking about my ancient Disney bracelet. "That Darn Cat"

All this talk of the kitten has reminded me of something my brother and I used to do when we were much younger (and sometimes still do). When someone discovers something inconvenient or annoying around the house -say, last piece of lasagna was eaten and the empty pan returned to fridge, or last bit of toilet tissue used and empty roll left on the holder - we would offer up, "Lindsay [cat] did it!" usually the guilty party, having been caught red-handed, blurted it out as a joke. :lol:

I think we all want to know where that darn cat came from and when mom found it. Oh, and what motivated her to bring it into her bed.

Probably if I was drunk it would seem not only completely logical, but completely necessary.

Maybe there was no kitten, but DB decided to tell LE that so if there was an "odor" in the master bedroom, DB could explain it away saying her son/herself found a stray kitten/cat and it slept in the master bedroom with them. Seems strange that the kitten/cat is mentioned by both DB and JI in their stories, how would that matter if a baby was kidnapped? Why bring that up.

If your child had been kidnapped, would you say "my son was sleeping with a stray kitten", I don't think so, and then keep mentioning it in other interviews. Why is that kitten so important to DB and JI that they have to keep reminding people about it?

I am totally guessing but it's possible they're saying it to explain why the boy was sleeping in the parents' room--i.e. she didn't feel comfortable letting boy and stray sleep alone together the first night in case it was cujo kitty or something. Which also conveniently gives her somewhat of an alibi, since you'd assume the boy would know if mom got up and did something to the baby.

And to respond to someone else I forgot to quote, I think the kitten could be important. I know there's been speculation about where they found it and if maybe it was at the dumpster while disposing of something related to the baby or to give them a reason to keep the dog outside for the night.

Like everything, it's just another potential piece to the puzzle--hard to know what matters until more of the pieces appear.

And finally, re the person who posted about the 2-3 am antics of kittens, that IS interesting because it makes me wonder if the cat getting up could have woken either of them up.

Would be nice to know too if they found cat hair in the crib. I know adults who complain their cats try to sleep on their heads--could cat have gone to sleep atop the baby and unintentionally smothered her?

And not to forget the dog, I wonder if he was always kept out at night. That seems odd to do just because of the cat--they could have just had them sleep in different rooms if she was worried about fighting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken