The Last Happy Hour, book by Charles Joseph Hackett

Think about it. We have a serial killer who has elluded police for a decent amount of time. No forensic evidence at the site of the GB4, picks a great spot for the GB4 and then.........leaves SGs clothes in front of his house. A little too conveneint.

I'm still not willing to convict anyone of our usual suspects here in our web jury room with the little info we have, but I definitely believe that their questionable actions should not be dismissed. I am still under the impression where there is smoke there is fire.

I concur.

CPH has quite a questionable past (professionally and personally) and this, along with his involvement in this case, and the location of SGs pants, shoes, etc. in his "back yard" makes it appear that he is to blame for some nefarious action/s.

I certainly hope the civil case against him reveals more info. But, something that puzzles me... Ray seems to be basing his case on the telephone conversation between MG and CPH (specifically what CPH told MG regarding his care and/or treatment of SG). Then, during the Q&A with reporters Ray talks about bizarre stories CPH has told others in the past and paints him as a storyteller (transcript of what I heard is below). To me it seems odd to base a case on someone you are portraying as a liar. I mean, if he has a history of lying then it's an easy leap to believe he was lying to MG on the phone. Thus just proving he is a liar not a killer. Is this just a search for truth and to possibly cause Dr H to lose his med license/keep him from treating anyone in the future?

MY transcript of the Q&A:
"Dr. Hackett has told many bizarre stories about Dr. Hackett's role as a doctor at his home in Oak Beach. He has claimed to Suffolk County, when he worked as the head of the emergency medical services, that he would perform operations on peoples' fingers, reattaching them on his kitchen table in Oak Beach. He also also claimed he has treated heart patients' on his kitchen table in Oak Beach and saved their lives from heart attacks in that home. He apparently thinks that he can perform these kinds of amazing services in his home so we're not surprised at all that he made claim he did about Shannon. You know Dr. Hackett is going to be some character once we get into what he really did do through this complaint."

Sorry for this long post, I guess I had a lot I wanted to say/ask :)

I hope they march the entire cast of characters in front of a jury under oath. CPH, JB, MP, AD, BB, the footprint kid, Fluke, GC and MG. I would find it quote unfortunate if a girls death was used as a chess peice in a neighborhood quarrell.

I hope they march the entire cast of characters in front of a jury under oath. CPH, JB, MP, AD, BB, the footprint kid, Fluke, GC and MG. I would find it quote unfortunate if a girls death was used as a chess peice in a neighborhood quarrell.

Also - SY and BA

I concur.

CPH has quite a questionable past (professionally and personally) and this, along with his involvement in this case, and the location of SGs pants, shoes, etc. in his "back yard" makes it appear that he is to blame for some nefarious action/s.

I certainly hope the civil case against him reveals more info. But, something that puzzles me... Ray seems to be basing his case on the telephone conversation between MG and CPH (specifically what CPH told MG regarding his care and/or treatment of SG). Then, during the Q&A with reporters Ray talks about bizarre stories CPH has told others in the past and paints him as a storyteller (transcript of what I heard is below). To me it seems odd to base a case on someone you are portraying as a liar. I mean, if he has a history of lying then it's an easy leap to believe he was lying to MG on the phone. Thus just proving he is a liar not a killer. Is this just a search for truth and to possibly cause Dr H to lose his med license/keep him from treating anyone in the future?

MY transcript of the Q&A:
"Dr. Hackett has told many bizarre stories about Dr. Hackett's role as a doctor at his home in Oak Beach. He has claimed to Suffolk County, when he worked as the head of the emergency medical services, that he would perform operations on peoples' fingers, reattaching them on his kitchen table in Oak Beach. He also also claimed he has treated heart patients' on his kitchen table in Oak Beach and saved their lives from heart attacks in that home. He apparently thinks that he can perform these kinds of amazing services in his home so we're not surprised at all that he made claim he did about Shannon. You know Dr. Hackett is going to be some character once we get into what he really did do through this complaint."

Sorry for this long post, I guess I had a lot I wanted to say/ask :)

You know... maybe you're right. CPH may have told he whole neighborhood (for all we know) he treated her thinking she would be found alive and would then look like a hero. Maybe the real killer DID set CPH up since he (the killer) knew CPH had basically bragged about treating SG?

Hmmmm...

You know... maybe you're right. CPH may have told he whole neighborhood (for all we know) he treated her thinking she would be found alive and would then look like a hero. Maybe the real killer DID set CPH up since he (the killer) knew CPH had basically bragged about treating SG?

Hmmmm...

That would point to someone, who knows CPH well and who had a beef with him ... someone from the neighborhood maybe? Hummm ...

That would point to someone, who knows CPH well and who had a beef with him ... someone from the neighborhood maybe? Hummm ...

The loudest one is usually the guilty one. I base my suspicion of CPH on the phonecalls.

Guilty of a set-up and more (like murder, for example) or just guilty of a set-up? Do we have any additional proof of either of these?

Until some one in the inner circle (CPH, MP, JB, AD, and possibly others) speaks out, we are all speculating. That is one of the reasons LE has not laid charges. Lots of speculation, not much evidence.

Nobody will speak because they are afraid of going to jail for a long time.

Should LE approach the 'inner circle' and offer a plea bargain, or have they already?

What is the rumor mill on Long Island saying about deals being offered?

Truthspider has been quiet of recent, is something going on Truth?

LInative 13 is leaving the forum, does he know something interesting?

Until some one in the inner circle (CPH, MP, JB, AD, and possibly others) speaks out, we are all speculating. That is one of the reasons LE has not laid charges. Lots of speculation, not much evidence.

Nobody will speak because they are afraid of going to jail for a long time.

Should LE approach the 'inner circle' and offer a plea bargain, or have they already?

What is the rumor mill on Long Island saying about deals being offered?

Truthspider has been quiet of recent, is something going on Truth?

LInative 13 is leaving the forum, does he know something interesting?

Truth is in timeout.

how about when john ray marches out ex commish dormer?
he's got some serious 'splainin' to do.

he pronounced that sg had drowned before a body was even found.

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm
i wonder if dormer is in ireland if he will have to return to this trial to take the stand.

Good Luck guys.....keep the faith my friends. Remember, if you book them, they will come.

There are far too many conflicting statements between the book, the obit, and reality that makes it hard to decipher which is which.

If they were never married, the plot in Manwah, NJ, "Mary Ellen Hackett: b. 1931 d. 1956" wouldn't make sense that it is the same person.

On the other hand, CPH was born Jan. 1956, so it would make sense she is the correct mother of CPH.

Although the obit states CJH is buried in Manwah, and we know he is not there, MEH is there, so maybe that was CPH's piece of truth?

If this is the correct MEH, that would make CJH (CPH's father) 22 years her senior. At the time of their supposed marriage, CJH would have been 46 and MEH would have been 24.

If it is NOT the correct MEH, where is she?

is this the person you are referring to?
i googled it.

Mary Ellen Patricia Ryan (1931 - 1956)

Born in New York, New York, USA on 1 Nov 1931 to Eric James Ryan and Mary Catherine Gude. Mary Ellen Patricia married Charles Joseph Hackett and had a child. She passed away on 11 Feb 1956 in New York, New York, USA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back