The many shades of Arias' hair

Those pictures look like she JUST came out of the salon. They do not look like someone who is on a road trip and has been on the road in the middle of summer for 800 miles already. I have made that same drive, from Lassen Park to Santa Monica, a few dozen times. When I arrive at my destination, my hair is not neatly blow dried, and my make up is not perfectly applied. I do not have the urge to take a close up picture of myself at the end of that long drive. I hope the jury gets it, that she just left the salon and had her 'hair did.'

I also think she went to a salon, especially since she was going from blonde to brunette quickly which is far easier for a professional to do and have it look right. Usually, the recommendation for home kits is to go slightly lighter or darker than what one is starting out with. Another issue is that when going on a long drive, unless you stay at a hotel overnight, there is no way to have the hair dry and look like a blowout.

The biggest thing is that she has NOT admitted to having her hair done on the trip. All she had to say was she felt her roots were showing, so she just got it done because she was going to meet Ryan. That's all she had to say. I mean, I don't get why she wouldn't admit to it if the rental car guy said she had blonde hair and Ryan said she didn't.

They bring in pictures from May--not testimony of anyone who'd seen Jodi even the DAY of picking up the rental car (like her sister or brother?) to testify that her hair was brown that day. Why would no one vouch for her on that? Hope the jury pays attention to the fact that she had no one come in and clarify her hair color.

Too add more confusion, I saw this photo on her myspace page.

l.jpg

With a date stamp of 5/25/08 and what seems to be a much shorter haircut.

That's a font that cameras do not use. She added that via a Photo edit app.

That's a font that cameras do not use. She added that via a Photo edit app.

If that date happens to be correct, you can tell she did something because in the June 3 picture, that hair on her upper lip is gone.

The biggest thing is that she has NOT admitted to having her hair done on the trip. All she had to say was she felt her roots were showing, so she just got it done because she was going to meet Ryan. That's all she had to say.
I mean, I don't get why she wouldn't admit to it if the rental car guy said she had blonde hair and Ryan said she didn't.
They bring in pictures from May--not testimony of anyone who'd seen Jodi even the DAY of picking up the rental car (like her sister or brother?) to testify that her hair was brown that day. Why would no one vouch for her on that? Hope the jury pays attention to the fact that she had no one come in and clarify her hair color.[/QUOTE

(BBM) Good points but you see Jodi won't admit she changed her hair color because she knows the real reason she did go from the familiar blonde to dark hair for her trip to Travis' house. It was a disguise. It wasn't because she started to believe burnettes do have more fun. No, she did not want to be recognized if she was seen going into his place. And why? It's just another step she took to keep her trip to AZ a secret - which spells Premeditation.

Guilty!

Rewatched Jodi's direct. Nurmi showed her a picture of herself with the dog. The one where she had bi-colored hair. He asked her of her hair was like that when she rented the car. She said yes.

This was trial day 19. So with the admission of the Helio phone pics from June 3rd, she check and checkmated herself with that lie.

Sorry for not reading previous posts on hair color but I think I remember her telling DF that the neighbors of Travis would have only seen her as a "platinum blonde". She said that she pretty much just stayed indoors with Travis but would occasionally walk his dog outside...(This is in the interrogation videos up top).

She probably means she did not dye it at the same time she was driving. :rolleyes: How's that for a loophole?

Could she have done it at a regular rest-stop or a truck stop where they have showers?

Re: Hair color

On direct Nurmi shows a picture of Jodi with the dog, supposedly taken May 15, 2008:

kGL0W.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jEG00_E3V-o#t=2376s

Her hair looks blond to me, although Nurmi describes it as brown. He asks if her hair was similar when she rented the car, and she says yes.
Nurmi asks if she changed her hair color from that pic above until she was at Travis' June 4, and she says she died it brown while she was in Mesa and died it darker brown later, but doesn't say when:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=1861s

She later testifies that she dyed it brown on March 20, 2008, even though Ryan first met her in April 2008 and it was blond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=2246s

Later, Nurmi asks Jodi what color her hair was when she left Pasadena for Mesa, and she says auburn brown.and she says she did not stop to dye it along the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jEG00_E3V-o#t=3930s

So it was blond in Redding, auburn brown when she was in Pasadena, but she didn't stop to dye it?

In testimony a couple days prior, Nurmi asked when she died her hair, her testimony sounds contradictory, as she says she died it before Convention and also that she waited until after Convention to dye it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZlO2tM2qT4k#t=2249s

She then identifies these pics that were taken after she moved back to Yreka, and her hair was "various shades of brown"

L5QH.png

53PX1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=1598s

On murder day, June 4, 2008, her hair was clearly dark brown, with no blond highlights --but she thought she had deleted that evidence.

VhYCo.png

Here's a pic of her mugshot, a little more than a month after killing Travis. This is the picture that the car rental guy ID'd her from but said that her hair was different when she rented the car -- it was blond at that time.

Jodys-Smugshot-263x300.jpg

She was blond when she met Ryan in April 2008, She was blond when she rented the car on June 2, 2008, and she was brunette when she arrived at Travis' on June 4, 2008, and she was brunette when she met Ryan on June 5, 2008

CONCLUSION: She died her hair darker brown after she rented the car on June 2, 2008 but before she arrived at Travis' house on June 4, 2008. There is no other way to make sense of this.

----------------------------

Not to mention the fact that the picture identified as being taken on May 15, 2008 was likely taken in 2007 as it appears to be taken at the same time as this picture in Jodi's myspace album that was last edited in February 2007:

esp7P.jpg

I think if the nudie pic had been taken in the same light as the ones with the highlights framing her face it would look like the very same hair color. The newest pics where she's in the car (on the 3rd), her hair would look black in the bedroom lighting of the nudes, I don't think that was the color of her hair when the nudes were taken.

Hair is such a tricky thing..... It looks like she has had a nice blowdry in this pic & it is showing off the layers, which yes does make her hair appear shorter in this pic. It is also that same colour where it's lighter around her face.

There is just no way this picture is from May. Her hair was much longer by then and it did not have layers.

As much as she dyed her hair, I'm surprised she still has it. I admit, she's a murderer with great hair. Well we won't get the truth about Travis, but I want to know how she doesn't have straw for hair. She'd probably lie about that too.

As much as she dyed her hair, I'm surprised she still has it. I admit, she's a murderer with great hair. Well we won't get the truth about Travis, but I want to know how she doesn't have straw for hair. She'd probably lie about that too.

It's all the peanut butter. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back