The Most Logical Suspect

I honestly think this crime has become way more about the WM3 than it has about the victims. I'm not seeing a lot of hue and cry about finding the real killers anywhere at all (yes, kyleb, I know your opinion there, of course you're free to repeat it again but..I do know..) -- are people in general just too over this case to do so? Is it too much like old news? I wonder where LE stand on this now, what they're doing to try to get the real killer behind bars.

Do you think it's probable they CAN prove a killer's guilt in this case? Is it likely they'll bother to keep trying, after all this time and such a fruitless circus?

This really concerns me. When I think of this crime, I don't see the WM3. I see those little boys, fished out of the creek naked and hogtied. Breaks my fricken heart.

I honestly think this crime has become way more about the WM3 than it has about the victims.
It's about the victims for me, as hard as it may be for you to see that. That said, perhaps you might be more receptive to the facts I've been attempting to share with you if take the time to read this article:

Father of WM3 murder victim certain who killed 3 boys
By Todd Moore
Guest Columnist

I am the father of West Memphis triple murder victim Michael Moore. I am writing this in response to your editorial in the June 6 edition of The Sun titled "Justice Unserved." It has always been my opinion that justice was served when Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley were convicted in 1994 for the brutal murder of my son and his friends.

The three men who slaughtered my son were convicted by two juries that found them guilty in 1994. Despite this, the Arkansas Supreme Court generously granted the murderers the opportunity for a new evidentiary hearing to be held Dec, 5, 2011, to show evidence they claimed proved their innocence. They could have been granted a new trial to prove these claims of innocence. Instead of presenting their "new evidence" in open court last December, they opted to plead guilty to the murders in August 2011 in exchange for time served.

Second District Prosecuting Attorney Scott Ellington agreed to accept the defense’s plea offer for vague reasons we still don't understand. Family members learned of the deal only at the last minute. The district attorney was new to the case. But whatever the rational, this continued to make the convicts guilty as a matter of law.

The defense team avoided sharing the results of the tests of everything with us by preemptively entering a guilty plea for their clients. Thanks to the plea deal, we may never know exactly what the defense found when the evidence was retested. Absence of DNA evidence does not prove the West Memphis Three (WM3) are innocent. The killers washed most of the evidence away in the water- filled ditch where they drowned my son. There was plenty of other evidence to convict them in 1994 without positive DNA. Most murderers are convicted without DNA evidence.

The defense attorneys for the WM3 had nearly 20 years to find "the real killer" and failed to do so. After nearly two decades and untold millions in donated funds spent, the best they could do was find a hair that may or may not have belonged to Terry Hobbs, step- father of victim Stevie Branch. It was allegedly found on a shoelace used to tie my son. It has never been proven to actually belong to Terry Hobbs.
Even if it was Terry Hobbs' hair, that fact would prove nothing. Our sons were best friends, and my child spent considerable time in Terry Hobbs's home and could have picked up the hair on his shoe. This would be "secondary transfer" and makes the hair of no probative value. The defense has even admitted as much. Terry Hobbs did not murder my son. No credible law enforcement official believes so. Neither did Mark Byers, Mr. Bojangles nor any of the other defense red herrings.

Contrary to your editorial, it is not up to police or the prosecutor to continue to look for "the real killer." The real killers were arrested and charged back in 1993, were found guilty in 1994 and then admitted their guilt in 2011 after getting a lucky break. To his credit, Prosecutor Ellington has stated many times that his door is open to any new leads and evidence presented to him by the WM3 defense teams.

So far, nothing compelling enough to reopen the case has been presented to him. District Attorney Ellington stated as much the day your editorial appeared. This means despite the defense's grandiose claims prior to the pleas, not one iota of credible evidence has been presented to show their clients' innocence or even to view the convicted as anything less than what they are as a matter of law and as a matter-of fact: guilty.

The WM3 defense team has been well-funded by numerous celebrities who were misinformed by the biased "Paradise Lost” documentaries. These one-sided films left out nearly all of the evidence that demonstrated the guilt of the WM3. They caused thousands of people to support the release of the convicted child killers with a very limited unndcrstanding of the actual facts of the case.

Mr. Wessel, it appears that you, like so many others, got most of your misinformation about this case from these inaccurate documentaries. If you would take the time to dig a little deeper and actually read the case file documents, you would know that there was ample evidence to convict these three men for murdering my son. These documents are readily available on websites such as www.callahan.8k.com.

Here are just a few examples of what was omitted from the documentaries:

• Jessie Misskelley confessed to the crime at least five times to police, prosecutors, even his own attorneys with his hand on a Bible. Misskelley confessed the first time after less than four hours of police questioning. That questioning was done with permission from his father. He continued to repeatedly confess in the year that followed.

• Damien Echols amassed a mental health record 500 pages long in the years immediately prior to the murders. In his own handwriting, he classified himself as a "homicidal, suicidal, schizophrenic, sociopath" just a months before he brutally murdered my son.

• Read Damien Echols' current Twitter account to discover his deep-seated interest in skulls and the occult. There he also recently described artwork depicting a man sawing off his own arm as "breathtaking." In addition, Echols is obscenely profiting off the death of my son by selling his narcissistic books, promoting his self-serving movie, and tattooing murder groupies with his "mark." For two hundred dollars, you can have this sociopath tattoo an “X” on your arm. These Twitter posts and money-making schemes are a slap in the face to me, my family and my dead son.

• The movies omit the fact that these three men had no alibis. Damien Echols' and Jessie Misskelley's alibis completely fell apart on the stand in the 1994 trials. Jason Baldwin's attorneys didn’t even bother to present an alibi.

• Fibers consistent with a robe in Jason Baldwin's home and a shirt in Damien Echols’ home were found on the victims. Blue candle wax found on Chris Byers' shirt was consistent with candle wax found in Damien Echols bedroom.

• The crime lab found that three different knots were used to hogtie the three victims with their own shoelaces. This points toward multiple killers rather than one killer. Witnesses say that Mr. Bojangles, the disoriented man near the crime scene that night, had a cast on one arm. No one person could have subdued and hogtied three energetic young boys--not Terry Hobbs and certainly not the one-armed Mr. Bojangles.

• A knife that could have been used in the murders was found in a lake behind Baldwin's home. It was a unique knife with a place hold a compass on the end that witnesses described as similar to one owned by Echols.

• A car full of eyewitnesses placed Echols near the crime scene, covered with dirt, on the night of the murders.

• Numerous friends, acquaintances and cell-mates came forward with tales of confessions from all three defendants.

Throw out one or even several of those facts, and there would still be enough to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I sat through those trials. The basic facts need to be put out there. Otherwise, it makes a mockery of my son’s short life.

Also for some historical perspective on this mockery, I recommend watching Paradise Lost 2: Revelations, where the big revelation was nothing more than a witch hunt against Mark Byers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkb2gf1Vl5c"]HBO ParadiseLost Pt2 Revelations - YouTube[/ame]

I can only speak for myself, but I believe that the crime will be solved and the real killer will be punished. I am doing all I can to that end, and I know many others who are doing likewise. Right now, all of the "working" is behind the scenes, so it seems that nothing is happening. That is simply not the truth. Things are happening, but patience is required. This time, it's mandatory that all of the ducks are in line before going public or Ellington will just stonewall once again. I mourn for the loss of Christopher, Michael and Steven and long for the day when the truth is being shouted from the rooftops. All I can say is that it will happen. Just be patient a little longer.

Peter Jackson the director is a supporter

Did not know he directed the movie. Thanks. Would explain the references. When I heard the first name, Driver, it made me think of this case. Then Gitchell and I was like what the heck. Then Davis and I thought, well that's a common enough name. And then Peretti and I figured there had to be some connection.

I honestly think this crime has become way more about the WM3 than it has about the victims. I'm not seeing a lot of hue and cry about finding the real killers anywhere at all (yes, kyleb, I know your opinion there, of course you're free to repeat it again but..I do know..) -- are people in general just too over this case to do so? Is it too much like old news? I wonder where LE stand on this now, what they're doing to try to get the real killer behind bars.

Do you think it's probable they CAN prove a killer's guilt in this case? Is it likely they'll bother to keep trying, after all this time and such a fruitless circus?

This really concerns me. When I think of this crime, I don't see the WM3. I see those little boys, fished out of the creek naked and hogtied. Breaks my fricken heart.

I think any talk you see now has to be motivated by the victims and not the WM3. The WM3 are free so the only reason to discuss it is to actually get justice for the victims. I think there are multiple reasons for less talk now than in the past. Innocent boys wrongfully imprisoned and one facing execution is a legitimate cause that some get behind just for that sake alone. It is also what seems to have generated so much of the attention from various stars. Now that they're free, that segment of society that interests themselves in the wrongfully imprisoned/executed are naturally not going to have the same interest level once the WM3 are freed.

The other factor that leads to less discussion that is just as important of a factor and maybe more so is not just LE's apparent refusal to look any further into the crime but their refusal to do so when presented with legitimate reasons to do so. Unless a person is directly impacted by the case, I can understand how not just years, but decades of stone walling by LE can lead to a person giving up hope that LE would ever change their stance and if they never change their stance regardless of what they're presented, then what's the use. I commend those who have stayed the course throughout. As I said, I'm relatively new to this case so I don't count myself in those numbers, but I certainly do understand it.

I agree that it should be about justice. There were two grave injustices perpetrated by the State of Arkansas. The first was the witch hunt against Damien, Jason and Jessie. Although the Alford pleas were only a partial righting of that wrong (because the three falsely-convicted cannot receive financial compensation for their time spent incarcerated), unless the real killer is investigated, tried and convicted, the families of Christopher, Michael and Steven will never have true justice.

Yes, many people jumped on the band wagon because of the Death Penalty. Some of them didn't even care about guilt or innocence. They were/are merely opposed to the Death Penalty. Personally, I am not one of those people. I have always been interested in true justice in this case. If those of us who want justice continue to "rattle cages" in Arkansas, maybe, just maybe, something will be done!

I agree that it should be about justice. There were two grave injustices perpetrated by the State of Arkansas. The first was the witch hunt against Damien, Jason and Jessie. Although the Alford pleas were only a partial righting of that wrong (because the three falsely-convicted cannot receive financial compensation for their time spent incarcerated), unless the real killer is investigated, tried and convicted, the families of Christopher, Michael and Steven will never have true justice.

Yes, many people jumped on the band wagon because of the Death Penalty. Some of them didn't even care about guilt or innocence. They were/are merely opposed to the Death Penalty. Personally, I am not one of those people. I have always been interested in true justice in this case. If those of us who want justice continue to "rattle cages" in Arkansas, maybe, just maybe, something will be done!

100000% agree!!!!!!

OT - I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this, so I thought I'd ask here. Having only read up on this case for the past year or so, the one thing I never took too many notes on or paid attention to were which celebrities supported the WM3. Anyways, I'm watching The Lovely Bones for the first time and had to rewind it. When the dad starts calling into LE with a list of potential suspects, their names were Driver, Gitchell, Davis and Peretti. Just a coincidence or is there a connection between the movie and a supporter?

Another supporter is Genesis P-Orridge. Google that one

Getting back on topic, can someone please identify any other "logical" suspects in this case? So far, it seems there's TH and JKM. Anyone else?

Yep. Ramsey is a kook of the first order! Of course, IMO, so is anyone who believes that these murders were Satanic ritual killings or had anything to do with Satanism, devil worship, etc.

Getting back on topic, can someone please identify any other "logical" suspects in this case? So far, it seems there's TH and JKM. Anyone else?

What about Christopher Morgan? Personally, I think he's about as likely a suspect as my mother, but given that he was an early suspect what do the rest of you think?

Yep. Ramsey is a kook of the first order! Of course, IMO, so is anyone who believes that these murders were Satanic ritual killings or had anything to do with Satanism, devil worship, etc.

I don't think anyone here has thought it was a satanic ritual killing.

I do think that Echols has a strong interest in things from the dark side even today and that's his prerogative. I doubt that he will be casting any spells on anyone except maybe a few of those who actually drink that magick potion of his.

Well, I didn't before, but I guess I do now. Ha. That William Ramsey is a kook. Good grief.

ETA: sorry about the tangent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I think is an understatement when you look at Echols.

I skimmed his site and he does have some good points, but I haven't gotten into doing much research there.

L.G. Hollingsworth.
His statements are curious for sure.

Good point. Some of the statements made about him are curious too. The inconsistencies in his alibi, for example, and the whole thing about the "stinky box".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back