The most notorious unsolved crime in every state

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by Pop Pop, Feb 14, 2021.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

ARKANSAS
    AR - Kevin Ives, 17, & Don Henry, 16, Bryant, 22 Aug 1987

Two teens, Kevin Ives and Don Henry, went out hunting one night in Bryant, Arkansas, only to be run over by a cargo train. At first, the 1987 deaths were deemed a suicide.
    Their families eventually got the case reopened, and it was determined that, while the boys had smoked a little marijuana, one of them was already dead from stab wounds while the other was unconscious from a blow to the head when the train struck them.

2. RoseA95

RoseA95 Member

Not to be too speculative but it seems all signs point to the son. The fact he stole the car to buy drugs leads me to wonder how he was able to just take the car if his dad was keeping such a close eye on him/knew he may not be trustworthy enough to borrow the car. I've seen sooo many cases of family members killing others for money, and adding drugs in to the mix makes it potentially more hostile.
    Also it's very coincidental that this took place during a time when the mom was scheduled to be out of the home. Makes me think this may have been planned, or at least that someone took advantage of the fact one of the adults of the home was absent. So maybe a focus on who knew she was out of the house and why could point to some persons of interest as well.
    I work domestic violence and this has "domestic" written all over it based on my education/experience.

3. RoseA95

RoseA95 Member

This has domestic written all over it in my opinion. I work in domestic violence and it really appears the son had something to do with it. The stealing of the car for drugs leads me to believe maybe something occurred between Dad and Son that ended up with the son getting the car; which I think is clear Dad would not just give to him given his knowledge of his son's drug issues and his want to keep on eye on him (to the point he switched careers to be there!).

It's also very coincidental that this disappearance would conveniently occur when his wife was out of town or "out of the way". If his disappearance wasn't planned, at the very least I think the perpetrator took advantage of the fact his partner was not in the home for an extended period of time for her planned business trip.

His son is the last person to see him alive, and has a clear motive (money/drugs) so I think the facts speak for themselves.

Also, I find it unlikely he went missing on purpose, as why would you buy gas and abandon the car if you were fleeing/trying to run away from something/one.

4. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

Rebecca Kathleen Reid now has a thread of her own. It can be found here:

Oregon, Eugene: Rebecca Kathleen Reid abduction 1997 cold case

SuspishAF81 and Flicka1 like this.
  5. Yogi Beara

Yogi Beara New Member

For South Carolina, I'd like to bring attention to Dail Dinwiddie. She disappeared 28 years ago and the family has had no answers. There were recent rumors about an arrested attorney near the area where she disappeared known as Five Points (an area with bars near the University of South Carolina), but the police deny that any connection to Dinwiddie.
    Dail Dinwiddie: 28 years of questions

6. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

Ha!

There are probably many major unsolved cases in California, but lets start out with the Zodiac Killer.

The Zodiac Killer

7. purecharm459

purecharm459 New Member

I was visiting my husband’s family in Springfield when this story broke. Everyone was freaked out about it.

MajorHoople and Flicka1 like this.
  8. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

9. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Keith417, MajorHoople and Flicka1 like this.
  10. IceIce9

mrz and Flicka1 like this.
  11. IceIce9

12. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

Still no sign of him. In addition, In the week before Lori's return, two of the family's laptop computers were stolen. Robert came to believe that Max had taken them to either sell or exchange in order to obtain drugs, and sent an email to Lori apologizing for having let it happen.[5] Investigators later learned that he had traveled to an abandoned industrial building in Bridgeport to confront some men they described as Max's "associates" over the theft, which Max had said they were responsible for.[1] On July 25, $600 was withdrawn from one of the family's bank accounts.

Was discussing this case on another forum, and someone mentioned the odd way Robert's keys and wallet were hidden. Another poster said she had lived with an addicted person, and apparently you hid stuff to keep it from disappearing.

13. ?!?

?!? Well-Known Member

KENTUCKY -- Betty Gail Brown -- Found strangled in her car, October 27, 1961.
    There are so many unsolved mysteries in Kentucky it's probably useless to debate how 'notorious' any one might be, but this is the oldest (to my knowledge) and does have a book dedicated to it.
    In less than a month it will be SIXTY YEARS OLD!!

Flicka1 likes this.
  14. samulveny

samulveny New Member

Keith417 and Flicka1 like this.
  15. Keith417

Keith417 Active Member

The boca mall murders

Flicka1 likes this.
  16. HM99

HM99 Well-Known Member

Flicka1 likes this.
  17. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Flicka1 likes this.
  18. illyana

illyana Active Member

You're right, that is the most notorious case in California.

For Colorado, it has to be Jon-Benet.

Auntie Cipation and Flicka1 like this.
  19. Keith417

Keith417 Active Member

The zodiac was just solved.

Auntie Cipation likes this.
  20. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

So they say.

If that is actually confirmed, what would then become California's most notorious unsolved case?

Maybe Natalie Wood?

The Black Dahlia?

How about the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders?

The Keddie Cabin Murders?

Bob Crane?

I'm sure there are many more that should be considered. Anyone have an opinion?

illyana likes this.