The Note Page

This is where I should be the voice of rationality & point out that using handwriting to determine a person's personality is considered bunk. Except that you are likely right. Reading between the lines of her resume, I get that same impression of LEK: lots of typos (carelessness), & comparing her "Objective" to her brag points below I can't help but infer some anger about not being appreciated for her talents -- which, in the computer industry aren't all that impressive (arrogance).

Have I mentioned that my impression of LEK is that she was likely hard to get along with? Even if you weren't part of a close-knit Eastern Texas family?

Most of the posts on this site appear to be dabbling in the bunk. Trying to match up facial patterns off of other missing persons, wild conspiracies about religious cults, etc. I'd rather go with exactly what we know and are presented. Most of it is just noise. However, I'd tend to err on the side of Occam's Razor when it comes to this sort of thing.

I'm going to go with Occam's razor here and say that according to the facts we do know, it was said that there were scribbled papers all over the house and there was also the suicide note. FLEK was also married for awhile. I am not certain whether Velling had access to the suicide note or the other papers. However, this was a woman in the middle of a divorce, I would think that the agency investigating the suicide would want to verify the handwriting on the suicide note and would have/should have compared the writing to other writings they found. I think the simple answer here is to obtain the police reports from the suicide investigation from the appropriate investigating agency, that being the police agency in the place where she committed the suicide, to determine whether handwriting was compared. Velling was also given a binder by the Ruffs. I agree with others that have an FOIA needs to be done again and I think the request needs to include that binder.

I'm going to go with Occam's razor here and say that according to the facts we do know, it was said that there were scribbled papers all over the house and there was also the suicide note. FLEK was also married for awhile. I am not certain whether Velling had access to the suicide note or the other papers. However, this was a woman in the middle of a divorce, I would think that the agency investigating the suicide would want to verify the handwriting on the suicide note and would have/should have compared the writing to other writings they found. I think the simple answer here is to obtain the police reports from the suicide investigation from the appropriate investigating agency, that being the police agency in the place where she committed the suicide, to determine whether handwriting was compared. Velling was also given a binder by the Ruffs. I agree with others that have an FOIA needs to be done again and I think the request needs to include that binder.

You really think the agency wouldn't have verified handwriting BEFORE releasing it to the public? Come on. AFAIK, there isn't a "suicide" investigation. It's a SSA stolen identity case.

You really think the agency wouldn't have verified handwriting BEFORE releasing it to the public? Come on. AFAIK, there isn't a "suicide" investigation. It's a SSA stolen identity case.

I'm guessing that what Owutatangledweb means by "agency" is the local law enforcement people: police or sheriff's department.

So did the local LE do an investigation into her death? My guess is that because it was a prima facie case of suicide, the Ruffs were a local family with roots & connections in the community, & there is no obvious reason to suspect foul play, they ruled it a suicide within an hour or two. I'm sure they did some basic investigation just to be sure -- determine that she died in the vehicle, maybe perform a quick handwriting comparison with known samples (if any exist) & her suicide notes -- the usual due diligence. (After all, competent law enforcement officers don't like closed cases being reopened & exposing all sorts of unrelated embarrassing mistakes.)

I doubt any of the local LE even imagined that the Ruffs might actually murder her & stage it to look as if she committed suicide. After all, what would the Ruffs gain? Blake was filing for divorce, he'd likely end up with custody of the daughter, & eventually LEK would drift away from the community. They'd only consider murder as an option if they were violent & impulsive people -- & for all of their possible faults I've seen no evidence of that. Thus the local agency probably didn't spend much time on her death: it was the holidays, we know there was no autopsy, & there are always other demands on their time.

But my guess is just the opinion of a person whose knowledge of how law enforcement works is based on second-hand knowledge. Maybe they did a thorough investigation, maybe they gave the vehicle a perfunctory glance & dismissed it as a suicide so they could get back to enjoying Christmas. (It does seem odd that no one checked the house for a few weeks after LEK's death; I would imagine that performing due diligence in this case would involve investigating her home, just to confirm there was nothing that contradicted that this was suicide.)

The only way to be sure what they did in this case would be to file a FOIA request, if that can be done under Texas law. If for no other reason than to avert any distracting conspiracy theories; after all, this case is baffling enough to not need any speculation about KGB agents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back