The now infamous Powell family snow fire photo - FAKE or REAL?

Well, to be fair, I didn't say I didn't like feeling *advertiser censored*. I said I didn't like feeling like a boob. There's a distinction there that is, well, significant.

I wish I was better at Photoshop. I can do really basic things, and I use it just enough to justify having paid the ridiculous price for the Adobe Suite of software. But I think I'm capable of using about 5% of that it actually can do.

LOL! Its all good! I had no idea that there was a type of a bird called a Boobie, but leave it to the husband to know these things. ;)

Does it require a very steady hand? Years ago I had CorelDraw, I think it was and if you wanted to 'clean up' a picture, I noticed you needed a steady hand around the border/edges of what you were 'cleaning'.

Nice, but still no sign of the flying saucer that carried her away?

Nice, but still no sign of the flying saucer that carried her away?

I bet you just sent Josh scurrying to his computer. Tomorrow, there will be a new tab on his website: "Flying Saucer sightings in the West Valley area."

The top right corner of the fire really bothers me: :waitasec:

fire.jpg

Never saw a fire burn at right angles like this...

:newbie:

The top right corner of the fire really bothers me: :waitasec:

View attachment 8177

Never saw a fire burn at right angles like this...

:newbie:

I am NOT convinced the "EXPERT" consulted drew the right conclusion when he determined the photo was not altered. I don't think he focused on all the possibilities, that he mainly examined the fire and the background, that he didn't take enough time nor look closely enough.

There are things about the photo that just don't add up which he obviously didn't notice like the jagged edge along the outside of Susan's pant leg on the bended knee!

As far as the fire is concerned, it has been illustrated a layer of fire can easily be added over the original photo.

Also, where is the glow on the faces from the brightness of the fire?

I would just like to figure out who Scott is.

“The photo doesn’t appear to be manipulated but it’s easier to detect a manipulation than to determine whether it wasn’t.
The lighting and the eye lines of Scott and the child are consistent with the location of the fire. There’s no signs of cloning of the background to hide or cover up anything. As far as I can tell the fire is completely part of the original photo. There’s no signs of layer masking or blending on the photograph (no repeat patterns in the snow) as I can see it. To play devil’s advocate, the only way to truly determine if there was manipulation would be to see the original photo, shy of seeing the original w/o the blurred faces of the children and the logo on Scott’s shirt there’s no real way to say otherwise. I’d love to see a higher quality version but I don’t really foresee any reason why it would look any different. But beware of cartoon bears!”

I would just like to figure out who Scott is.

“The photo doesn’t appear to be manipulated but it’s easier to detect a manipulation than to determine whether it wasn’t.
The lighting and the eye lines of Scott and the child are consistent with the location of the fire. There’s no signs of cloning of the background to hide or cover up anything. As far as I can tell the fire is completely part of the original photo. There’s no signs of layer masking or blending on the photograph (no repeat patterns in the snow) as I can see it. To play devil’s advocate, the only way to truly determine if there was manipulation would be to see the original photo, shy of seeing the original w/o the blurred faces of the children and the logo on Scott’s shirt there’s no real way to say otherwise. I’d love to see a higher quality version but I don’t really foresee any reason why it would look any different. But beware of cartoon bears!”

Scott Peterson, of course ............. reincarnated as Josh Powell.

I'm just getting caught up - did they identify that the date the photo was taken?

Very nicely done, PickieChickie.

I'll add one! :)

joshkanye.gif

:no: I think this is fake photo. The guy on the left looks so out of place and is not dressed warm enough. :propeller:

floorlaugh.gif
But he's wearing leather so it's all good!
floorlaugh.gif

True, leather vest must keep him cozy warm. Is that some kind of pretend hat? That guy sure looks familiar. How did he plug in his mic?

I still think that's the fake photo.

True, leather vest must keep him cozy warm. Is that some kind of pretend hat? That guy sure looks familiar. How did he plug in his mic?

I still think that's the fake photo.

Now we know why he brought the generator! Duh! Lol!
campingvangenerator.jpg

joshkanye.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500