The passing of Ben Underwood, 16

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Jan 20, 2009.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Please take a moment to pray for the family of this incredible teenager-I first read his story in People Magazine a few years ago and it hit me like a ton of bricks-there was no limit for this young man who found a way around the deficits caused by a rare cancer he fought when just a baby. He died from that same cancer yesterday. It is surreal to consider that this incredibly brave soul was brought down by anything....

http://www.kcra.com/cnn-news/18518419/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

I had never heard of echolocation before. What an admirable young man. So sad that he couldn't be with us longer.

God bless you and your mother Ben.

4. joga

joga New Member

I read about him in the Sacramento Bee a few years ago (this was the first story on him and then he had tons of press and appearances that came from it) and recently picked a copy of the paper again because they had him on the front page saying that the end was near. It is such a sweet (bittersweet i guess would be better) story for those who are interested to read. He was a very special kid! Much love to his family in their time of mourning...:blowkiss:

http://www.sacbee.com/elkgrove/story/1521985.html

5. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

The passing of Ben is very sad. I am glad he is out of pain.

Too bad he didn't live a long life, he had a lot to share. I am so glad he made the most of every minute while he was here.

6. Cakegirl

Cakegirl New Member

I really hate to hear this. DH & I watched Ben awhile back on a 20/20 or Dateline show (or was it Oprah?? anyways...). He amazed me how he could ride his bike and make that clicking sound to "see" what was ahead.

What a sweet soul. :( Rest in peace Ben.
    And prayers going up for his family and all of his friends. He will be missed.

7. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

I remember his story... I remember a news spot on him and how phenomenal he was with getting around via sound. His story was inspirational... sad to hear of his passing. :(