The phone calls mean there IS an image of LISK.

Chucky you really need to contact LE. It could be nothing or it could be something. especially if you could describe him even somewhat to LE. Remember every thing helps even if it is only small.

Chucky you really need to contact LE. It could be nothing or it could be something. especially if you could describe him even somewhat to LE. Remember every thing helps even if it is only small.

I agree, it's worth a shot.

I dont believe they didnt record the call either they stated that they had a phone tap and attempted to triangulate the position of the caller so of course they have a recording I dont understand why they would not release it tho. come to think of it by the same reasoning that they must have been ready to record the phone calls because they had a tap on the phone they must have gathered cc tv footage from the area. Not that they would tell someone like me but who would be the agency to contact about this? I mean I do remember the exact spot I will never forget

I'd contact FBI first as I don't trust the local LE, but I'd also contact them afterwards.

I would have to agree that you may be onto something. That part of 34th Street is only a few blocks from Penn Station. Do you remember if the guy had any identifying features? Maybe he wore glasses or had acne pot marks? Tattoos? Was he dressed business like or casual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting thread. Haven't been here in a while so hello all. Had a rough year with losing my mom back in Nov and trying to stay away from other things that will make me sad, like this LISK case. I really feel for the families. They must hate LISK like I hate Cancer.

On a lighter note here, this all sounds good in theory. I grew up in NY and I have been to Times Square a countless amount times. It's busy there, especially during the day. You are talking hundreds of thousands of people. LISK could be any one of them and just because his calls pinged to TS, he could've been anywhere in Times Square. He could've been a cop, sitting in a car, a taxi driver, a construction guy in a work van, I mean anywhere. To be making the kind of calls he was making, one would think he'd be hiding somewhere off to the side. Somewhere in a car where he wasn't heard by people passing by. Then again, in NYC someone could be bleeding to death on the sidewalk and people would just walk around them without giving a second look. It's very easy to hide in plain sight. I've thought about the security footage and photographs several times but when I think of the crowds in TS, it would be almost impossible to find this guy. You would have better luck finding Waldo.

This has probably been discussed but how accurate are the pings when police triangulate? Are we talking a mile to a few mile radius or an exact pin point location of the phone?

All in all I am totally embarrassed of the police force in Suffolk county. They could really utilize the public in this case but they refuse to release any info. I know they must keep something under the cuff for investigative purposes but they are so tight lipped about everything. Why is it almost a decade later and Shannan Gilberts 911 calls haven't been made public? It's infuriating and to me it wreaks of a police coverup.

Does anyone know what Melissa's phone looked like? What kind of phone she had? What color it may be? Is it listed in any reports anywhere?

Does anyone know what Melissa's phone looked like? What kind of phone she had? What color it may be? Is it listed in any reports anywhere?

i can't seem to find any article describing melissa's cell phone, but i've been looking around for any photos where she might be holding a cell phone. my only question would be did she have two different sets of phones, a burner for calls and a regular one for keeping in touch with family? i would imagine she would have taken a burner on a call with her but i might be mistaken, but then again, if she had a burner and LISK called amanda on it i wouldn't think it would come up under her contact information.

i can't seem to find any article describing melissa's cell phone, but i've been looking around for any photos where she might be holding a cell phone. my only question would be did she have two different sets of phones, a burner for calls and a regular one for keeping in touch with family? i would imagine she would have taken a burner on a call with her but i might be mistaken, but then again, if she had a burner and LISK called amanda on it i wouldn't think it would come up under her contact information.

Well, according to a http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life.html and a few other sources I remember reading (probably Kolker's book and Newsday or something), her mother said she kept paying her monthly phone bill for a year after, so it's safe to assume that she had a contract phone. Of course, she may have had a separate burner phone as well, but given that the LISK seems to have used her contract phone to call her sister, personally I'm inclined to believe she didn't, or at least that night it's not the phone she took with her when she encountered the LISK. JMO.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

I will add this - if it were downtown, then I would say we might be outta luck. I am always surprised how thin the crowds are downtown aside from Wall St. Plenty of out of the way places in the financial district where nobody could see or hear you.

Were there any documentaries or TV coming filming down there? I think this person is based in massapequa and used NY to put people off the scent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Were there any documentaries or TV coming filming down there? I think this person is based in massapequa and used NY to put people off the scent.

Massapequa cell phone tower pings calls from Gilgo Beach area, it means that atleast once the killer called from roughly the same area he dumped the girls.

ALso the calls stopped coming as soon as a TV station aired news about their existence. This guy is active, probably googling this case every day when he wakes up

Massapequa cell phone tower pings calls from Gilgo Beach area, it means that atleast once the killer called from roughly the same area he dumped the girls.

Wasn't there a guy from the area Joey B, who was done for soliciting. Quiet well known. It's a very small area only around 20,000 if it was someone from the area. There would be only a few well known Johns to the girls.

Why doesnt the SCPD release snipits of the calls the killer made to Amanda? Others agencies do it. What makes Suffolk Co. so different? Why are they hell bent on letting a killer go free?
Look how they handled the case with Peaches and the toddler. Look how the toddler was profiled in NAMUS?
No one would have found her if they tried. By now LE is sure no one is looking for her.
I think the Dept. is disguisting and selfserving. They just dont have what it takes. Man up or step down.

Why doesnt the SCPD release snipits of the calls the killer made to Amanda? Others agencies do it. What makes Suffolk Co. so different? Why are they hell bent on letting a killer go free?
Look how they handled the case with Peaches and the toddler. Look how the toddler was profiled in NAMUS?
No one would have found her if they tried. By now LE is sure no one is looking for her.
I think the Dept. is disguisting and selfserving. They just dont have what it takes. Man up or step down.

SCPD had nothing to do with Amanda's calls.

SCPD had nothing to do with Amanda's calls.
NYC Detectives made the same mistake as everyone else. They let SCPD take control of the entire case. That means they have the tapes of the killer calling Amanda. VERY FEW believe that maybe the calls were not taped.

NYC Detectives made the same mistake as everyone else. They let SCPD take control of the entire case. That means they have the tapes of the killer calling Amanda. VERY FEW believe that maybe the calls were not taped.

NYPD was on Melissa's case. Not SCPD.
Melissa lived in the Bronx, disappeared from the Bronx.
Melissa worked on the streets and in clubs in NYC.

SCPD had NOTHING to do with her case.

NYPD was on Melissa's case. Not SCPD.
Melissa lived in the Bronx, disappeared from the Bronx.
Melissa worked on the streets and in clubs in NYC.

SCPD had NOTHING to do with her case.
The boys in blue are no longer in charge.

Scorpio, are you suggesting that SCPD does not have the power to release snipits of the calls to the public?
Or are they just using the tapes to compare the voice to POI's?

Well, according to a Melissa Barthelemy: The Long Island Serial Killer Victim's Secret Life and a few other sources I remember reading (probably Kolker's book and Newsday or something), her mother said she kept paying her monthly phone bill for a year after, so it's safe to assume that she had a contract phone. Of course, she may have had a separate burner phone as well, but given that the LISK seems to have used her contract phone to call her sister, personally I'm inclined to believe she didn't, or at least that night it's not the phone she took with her when she encountered the LISK. JMO.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
Thanks to Google Voice you don’t need a burner to have a separate number,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni