The Plaid Blanket

I see what you guys are saying about it maybe being a pillow sham, but I am not convinced of that.

Look closely at this photo - the far left bottom corner edge. It appears to me that it is a blanket hanging over the arm of the couch. Probably placed over a pillow, however that couch appears to be pretty heavily 'stuffed' anyway (for lack of a better term). Further, and this may be a stretch, but it appears to me that the edge is fringed (by Caylee's leg).

plaidblanket.jpg

Agree - the bottom edge looks fringed, but the side definitely isn't. If it was a pillow, it would either be fringed all the way around or not at all. MOO

Agree - the bottom edge looks fringed, but the side definitely isn't. If it was a pillow, it would either be fringed all the way around or not at all. MOO

yay! I'm so glad you see that, too! I agree, if it were a pillow sham it would be fringed on ALL edges!

GREAT THINKING, Tina!!! :clap:

Theory (not proof): If the blanket was used to cover Caylee or line the trunk underneath Caylee's body...it is logical to assume that with the level of decomp/fluids cooking and then drying under the hot sun/humid conditions...that eventually when dry, the blanket would be hard (imagine throwing a wet rag in your laundry and leaving it in the hamper untouched for a few days...you could likely stab someone with it it would be so hard)...so naturally, you would dispose of it. My thought would be that KC possibly covered Caylee with the blanket so she would not have to look at her...I am trying to be as sensitive as possible...but after a day plus in the trunk...the visage in said trunk would likely resemble a horror movie (Sorry...RIP Caylee)...and that because as BJB mentioned...the blanket would not fit in the bags...(thinking that this was when KC backed into the A garage and borrowed shovel and eventually put Caylee in the laundry bag)...KC couldn't dispose of the blanket at home...her parents are too neat and organized...frugal in that one sense. I imagine after Casey dumped Caylee's body that she threw the remnants of smelly destroyed blanket in the dumpster at either the Amscot or Tony's apartment. My best would be the dumpster at Tony's...based on the trash bag that was later found in the Sunfire by GA at the wrecking place (the trash bag that clearly came from Tony's).

JMO. I think that the blanket was used to cover up the horror and ruination that KC caused and then later discarded in the dumpster at Tony's apartment. Which is why it was not with the car...or found again.

I wonder about the seat covers that were mentioned in the same statement by Cindy...earlier in this thread...first page my post...are they missing too?

I wonder about the seat covers that were mentioned in the same statement by Cindy...earlier in this thread...first page my post...are they missing too?

*snipped*

Apparently so, because I have been asking the same question and it seems both the blanket AND car seat covers are missing. What colors were they? Anyone know?

*snipped*

Apparently so, because I have been asking the same question and it seems both the blanket AND car seat covers are missing. What colors were they? Anyone know?

IIRC, the seat covers were supposed to be black. I need to find a link though...promise we are not going off topic on this thread BJB...but if the seat covers were in the same logical place where Cindy would have expected to find the missing blanket...then they are of relevance...in this sense...man...I wish we could have searched the relevant landfills at the time with one mission goal: find blanket and seat covers...possibly covered with decomp. Wow...good call beach!:woohoo:

I'm gonna chime in here and say this looks like a bed pillow with a pillow case. I had a set that looked just like this. It was sold at either Walmart or Kmart. Most likely Walmart. I wanta say it was a bed in a bag from Walmart. JMO

Agreeing with you as well. It is not a pillow. I have had plaid blankets like this my whole life.

My Mum and Aunties love them, as they were born in Scotland and have a love of all things plaid although we call them tartan.

Attachments

• tartanblanket2.jpeg
    tartanblanket2.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4

I have to say it's a blanket. Notice the way it "ripples" in places and has the fringe at one end. It's too thick for a pillow case if you look at the edge.

I think it's a throw blanket folded over the arm of the couch with a pillow underneath it. I can see the fringe along the bottom edge which is the same fabric as the blanket.
It looks like it's made of soft fleecelike (not fleece/thinner) material. Oh, flannel, that's it. I looked at one I have but I cut the tag off! :banghead: Another one I have looks and feels very soft but is made of 100 percent polyester but has no fringe.

I just have a feeling the plaid object in the photo isn't "the" blanket.

IIRC, CA described the blanket that was in the car as being "red" - to me, that would mean it's predominantly red. The plaid object in the pic on the sofa appears to be predominantly blue to me. JMHO.

I have no idea whether or not the blanket shown in the photos is the blanket Cindy recalled as being "typically" in KC's car...not a clue...but clearly, there was a blanket that has not been accounted for...whether or not it was predominately blue/red etc...

PS. Say a prayer for Bret Michaels...does not look good. Back in the hospital again. As of today. Yikes. Pray or moment of silence or karma...not trying to offend anyone.

I have to say it's a blanket. Notice the way it "ripples" in places and has the fringe at one end. It's too thick for a pillow case if you look at the edge.

I think the fringe you are referring to is the flat flap on the pillow sham that surrounds the pillow. The flap does not have stuffing or pillow in it. It is made of fabric only. Whether this is a pillow or blanket I don't think it is the blanket CA described. IRRC this pic was taken at RM's. KC most likely used his things, too lazy to get anything out of her trunk for Caylee. JMO

I just have a feeling the plaid object in the photo isn't "the" blanket.

IIRC, CA described the blanket that was in the car as being "red" - to me, that would mean it's predominantly red. The plaid object in the pic on the sofa appears to be predominantly blue to me. JMHO.

It looks like a folded blanket to me. On one side it is solid red and on the other it is plaid.

Are you guys sure that's a/the 'Big Trouble' t-shirt?
I zoomed to 400 percent and can make out the word 'BIG' on the top line.
Cannot make out the long word on the second line.
The third line looks like the word 'Photography' to me.

Big _____________ Photography.

It was determined that these pictures were taken months prior to June (March 2008 iirc).

IMO, I zoomed in and it looks like the Big trouble comes in small packages.....Packages...not photography....JMO

Thanks - you're right, no question. Tonight I ran across Post 143 in the Images Only thread and I could make out the words and realized the third line 'comes in small' is not showing in the picture because it's folded within a fold in the shirt. :crazy:

At 2:37 mark it appears to be a brown throw . . . . still searching for black wool fibers . . .

to be honest back at the time we were discussing the blanket on the original thread about the Globe photos, I always thought it was a wooly plaid blanket, I always imagined it to be kind of black and red. But looking at the photos now it does kind of look like a blue and red pillow case! :)

It looks like a plaid throw, folded in half and placed over the arm of the couch to me. No pillow underneath. Just a discoloration in the pic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back