The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.

Did Patsy write the ransom note?

• Yes, Patsy wrote the note

Votes: 289 91.2%
  • No, Patsy did not write the note

Votes: 28 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not really know about all the evidence. The GJ only heard part of it. I believe that if there is a new trial that we will be shocked to hear a lot of evidence that none of us are even aware of.
If ever this case is re-opened and the medical records of JBR and BR are brought forth, we may see astounding revelations about this case. BR was under psychiatric care for 3 years after the murder. There was also the time when the R's were on vacation and the children were separated because of BR's attitude toward his sister. We're they afraid he would do bodily harm to her?

We do not really know about all the evidence. The GJ only heard part of it. I believe that if there is a new trial that we will be shocked to hear a lot of evidence that none of us are even aware of.
If ever this case is re-opened and the medical records of JBR and BR are brought forth, we may see astounding revelations about this case.

But until such time we can only work with the evidence we have available to us, and cannot possibly build a case against against anyone based upon what evidence might have been presented to the grand jury.

Actually, it is precisely because of a lack of evidence. The evidence against the Ramseys is weak, very weak.
Imo, the case against "the Ramseys" is good. The main problem is that the case against either individual Ramsey is not so good.

I gotta ask something that bothers me. What if someone wrote it to look like Patsy handwriting. What sense does it make for her to write it in her own writing.

If I was going to write something such as a ransom note, I would write it in block letters. I would not write it in my regular handwriting. How stupid would I have to be??

These are the things that bother me a lot.

Things that just don't make common sense.

I gotta ask something that bothers me. What if someone wrote it to look like Patsy handwriting. What sense does it make for her to write it in her own writing.

If I was going to write something such as a ransom note, I would write it in block letters. I would not write it in my regular handwriting. How stupid would I have to be??

RN wasn't written in 'regular handwriting'. It was purposely concealed by possibly writing with the left hand....

Have you looked at the note and Patsy's samples side-by-side? Please do if you haven't. It wasn't written in longhand, it was printed, though not in block letters. If you actually looked at Patsy's samples you would have no doubt. How would a stranger/intruder known what Patsy's writing looked like? The note even used some of her peculiarities in punctuation. NO intruder could have perfected a forged THREE-page ransom note with the parents asleep in the house. A REAL kidnapper brings a note. Or doesn't leave one at all. If they want ransom, they call. No one called. And obviously ransom wasn't wanted- as they left the "bounty".
I know you haven't done much research. You'll have a clearer picture when you do. I read the case for over a year before I started posting.

RN wasn't written in 'regular handwriting'. It was purposely concealed by possibly writing with the left hand....

Have you looked at the note and Patsy's samples side-by-side? Please do if you haven't. It wasn't written in longhand, it was printed, though not in block letters. If you actually looked at Patsy's samples you would have no doubt. How would a stranger/intruder known what Patsy's writing looked like? The note even used some of her peculiarities in punctuation. NO intruder could have perfected a forged THREE-page ransom note with the parents asleep in the house. A REAL kidnapper brings a note. Or doesn't leave one at all. If they want ransom, they call. No one called. And obviously ransom wasn't wanted- as they left the "bounty".
I know you haven't done much research. You'll have a clearer picture when you do. I read the case for over a year before I started posting.

Yes. I have. And still it makes no sense. Still too close if you were Patsy looking at it like you were trying to get away with it.

ETA: I dont' think this was a stranger. I think it was someone they knew in some capacity.

I really feel like this is the weak point for me. A really weak point.

I think that this crime shows that whoever did it was not a master. It was not as well thought out as they hoped and that lots of mistakes were made.

I know that is not popular. And I am trying to get this piece by piece. When I start to dissect things, It stops making any sense that the Ramseys did this for me.

KWIM? Im trying.. Really I am.. ;)

Have you looked at the note and Patsy's samples side-by-side? Please do if you haven't.

I have looked at the note and Patsy's samples and I am not at all convinced that she wrote the note. I do not see a match. I see similarities. I see the sort of lettering that is common for females, but I do not see a match.

That being said, I am no expert in handwriting analysis and I do not pretend to be.

Yes. I have. And still it makes no sense. Still too close if you were Patsy looking at it like you were trying to get away with it.

ETA: I dont' think this was a stranger. I think it was someone they knew in some capacity.

I really feel like this is the weak point for me. A really weak point.

I think that this crime shows that whoever did it was not a master. It was not as well thought out as they hoped and that lots of mistakes were made.

I know that is not popular. And I am trying to get this piece by piece. When I start to dissect things, It stops making any sense that the Ramseys did this for me.

KWIM? Im trying.. Really I am.. ;)

I agree this was someone who knew her. A family member, IMO. And I also agree it was someone who was not an expert at this, mistakes WERE made.
But you still don't offer an explanation of how someone could have forged a three-page note in Patsy's handwriting right there after they had bashed her and she screamed WITH THE PARENTS IN THE HOUSE. Ockham's Razor - things are usually what they seem and all things being equal, the most obvious answer is usually the right one. Four family members came home from a party. Only THREE were alive the next morning. NO sign of forced entry, NO barking dogs to announce a wee-hours scramble through a metal-grated window. No forensic evidence of an intruder. (Touch DNA can't be counted because it COULD have gotten there from unrelated source). Fibers and prints from all THREE of those family members found on items SPECIFIC to the crime. NONE of them willing to talk to police. So the likely answer? One of them killed her and the others are covering it up. Pretty simple, really.

I have looked at the note and Patsy's samples and I am not at all convinced that she wrote the note. I do not see a match. I see similarities. I see the sort of lettering that is common for females, but I do not see a match.
In the event that PR wrote the note, why would someone expect an absolute match? To modify one's writing style in such a situation would be intuitive. And as you have stated previously - the R's are not stupid. The intelligence of PR is not in 8uestion.

In the event that PR wrote the note, why would someone expect an absolute match? To modify one's writing style in such a situation would be intuitive. And as you have stated previously - the R's are not stupid. The intelligence of PR is not in 8uestion.

So, what you're saying is that because the note writing does NOT match Patsy's writing, that is evidence that she wrote the note?

One thing I have considered is that the ransom note was supposed to be a draft- the writer was going to write it over or type it out so as to further distance themselves- but they ran out of time or realized having the thing on the computer was a bad idea. IDK- but that is the only thing I can come up with.

This is not intended in any way to be a scientific analysis. Just :moo:.

A lonnnnnnng time ago, so long ago I don't remember where it was and frankly can't be bothered to try to find it again, I read an online analysis comparing PR's writing characteristics with those of the note writer.

Just for fun I started writing out the note and comparing my writing's characteristics to the ones in the analysis cited as being PR's. I thought HOT DAM! glad I wasn't anywhere near Boulder that night because there were a great deal of similarities.

So I was skeptical of the handwriting analysis until I saw the q. For me it always comes back to the q.

As I've stated previously, I've never seen anyone make q's like that and I've seen a lot of handwriting in my day having grown up pre- most electronic transactions.

Also having tried to disguise my own writing in the past (only for the purpose of playing pranks) I know how difficult it is to eliminate all eccentricities of one's own natural handwriting tendencies, even when writing with the non-dominant hand.

I would imagine it would be even more difficult under the stress of trying to cover up a murder.

Again, just :moo:.

I thought my English is bad....but after reading the ABOVE posts, I feel much better about my English...but now I'm start questioning my sanity:)....Is someone here purposely playing with my (open) mind???

Question:

In the event that PR wrote the note, why would someone expect an ABSOLUTE match?

Reply:

So, what you're saying is that because the note writing does NOT match Patsy's writing, that is evidence that she wrote the note?

As I've read this forum for the past couple of weeks, the same song lyrics have kept popping into my head:

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep,
now they see me now they don't-
I've come and gone
and, ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
cut a little swathe and lead the people on.

:blushing:

This is not intended in any way to be a scientific analysis. Just :moo:.

A lonnnnnnng time ago, so long ago I don't remember where it was and frankly can't be bothered to try to find it again, I read an online analysis comparing PR's writing characteristics with those of the note writer.

Just for fun I started writing out the note and comparing my writing's characteristics to the ones in the analysis cited as being PR's. I thought HOT DAM! glad I wasn't anywhere near Boulder that night because there were a great deal of similarities.

So I was skeptical of the handwriting analysis until I saw the q. For me it always comes back to the q.

As I've stated previously, I've never seen anyone make q's like that and I've seen a lot of handwriting in my day having grown up pre- most electronic transactions.

Also having tried to disguise my own writing in the past (only for the purpose of playing pranks) I know how difficult it is to eliminate all eccentricities of one's own natural handwriting tendencies, even when writing with the non-dominant hand.

I would imagine it would be even more difficult under the stress of trying to cover up a murder.

Again, just :moo:.
I used to, as a hobby, study handwriting analysis. Not penmanship, but hidden personality traits. Anyway, you'd be surprised at what's hidden in there, and how impossible it is to change things. Such as the slant, subconscious choice of words, misspelled words, little handwriting quirks that you may not even realize you have. In the ransom note, a couple of things stand out that might not be important, but I think they point to the author...the use of the word 'that' and the exclamation point... a couple of little things that the author probably didn't notice. Also, of course, that Q. Different teachers teach different penmanship, but each individual has his own special way of putting the letters on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine