The ransom note

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by terralee, Jun 20, 2006.

1. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Tadpole12,
    Horrific possibility, sure but low probability. More so when you analyse the crime-scene Patsy was not staging herself out of a crime, she just dug the forensic hole deeper by moving JonBenet to the basement.

2. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

questfortrue,
    Hard to argue with Ann Rule. JDI has to be the default theory particularly with the Grand Jury laying specific counts against each parent.

Laughing and MsJosie like this.
  3. fr brown

fr brown Active Member

That's pretty vague. What expressions did she say she recognized?

I have a hard time picturing Ramsey sitting down with his housekeeper for a chin wag. She or some other domestic help said that John didn't talk to Patsy in her presence so there was probably minimal opportunity to witness the Ramseys interacting.

Laughing and TeaTime like this.
  4. fr brown

fr brown Active Member

Can you direct us to a place where Linda Wilcox talks about the ransom note? I did find a comment by her about how the Ramseys interacted. It's from an interview with Peter Boyles:

"They didn't....They weren't affectionate. They didn't act like a married couple. If I had seen them anywhere else, I would have assumed they were business associates. That's pretty much how it was. She was like his secretary, not his wife."
    's pretty much how it was. She was like his secretary, not his wife.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been subsequently established that she was ambidextrous.

6. SuperDave

I apologize for seeming brusque, grapedrink, but we're long past the point of asking that. She DID write it, so let's focus on that.

7. SuperDave

One point I'd like to make: The quotes you mention were not exact.

Laughing and TeaTime like this.
  8. fr brown

fr brown Active Member

African Queen was on the week of the murder, but apparently not in Colorado. It's in the "east of the Mississippi" version of the TV Guide. At the time I looked that up I wasn't aware that there were multiple versions of TV Guide. I believe the one they would have in Colorado is the David Duchovny "eXtremely Cool" version.

I think there are only two TV Guide editions for that week...well, only two covers anyway, which make a complete picture of Duchovny's face when placed side-by-side. Kinda cool.

Laughing, Cottonstar and Tadpole12 like this.
  9. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

BR, by his own statements, put himself downstairs on the first floor of the house after everyone else was asleep (he would pass JBR's room on the way because no sneaky kid is going to use the stairs closest to their parents room) and coincidentally right about the time that JBR died according to a range of estimates. He also put the flashlight in his father's hands, taking him upstairs to his room - by flashlight. It was a gift from BR to JR on some previous occasion. or maybe even a Christmas gift that very year.

And it was the murder weapon.

BR had Hi-Tech boots.

BR's birthday presents were in the wine cellar.

BR's DNA is all over the blood stained, Barbie nightgown found with the body.

BR could be neither included or excluded as a contributor to other DNA samples from the longjohns wastband.

BR was awake during the 911 call, his mother woke him when she ran through his room screaming "where is my baby". He was awake. And he was there when the call started. "We're not talking to you."

By their own admission, his parents NEVER asked him if he heard anything or saw anything. To do so would mean he was awake during the 911 call.

Why was it so important to pretend that he was asleep when they all knew he wasn't?

Why did the GJ indict both parents for allowing a known dangerous condition which resulted in JBR's death and knowing who did it but covering it up?

Why does Dr.Phil use an hour on his show to explain that what we saw and heard, we really didn't see and hear?

Laughing, MsJosie, 8paws and 3 others like this.
  10. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

TeaTime,

Could be a smoking gun if neither parents dna is on the nightgown !

You have to assume his dna can be on them by default.

It was important that he was asleep, just as JonBenet is dead, so he can answer no questions.

If you are partial to BDI just consider, in his book Kolar refers to BR visiting the wine-cellar on Christmas Day Afternoon and partially opening the gifts.

Some might view this as Burke Ramsey covering his tracks by explaining the forensic evidence after the fact, a bit like JR taking responsibility for the flashlight.

So if the flashlight is the murder weapon, why would Burke need it the night JonBenet was killed?

Basically was Burke creeping about the basement solo, or accompanied by JonBenet?

Laughing, MsJosie, Cottonstar and 3 others like this.
  11. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Re: the longjohns DNA on the waistband. Unless BR's DNA was all over those longjohns, the waitsband DNA is incriminating.

Laughing, 8paws and Tadpole12 like this.
  12. Cottonstar

Cottonstar Well-Known Member

and there is much much more...

8paws and Tadpole12 like this.
  13. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Cottonstar,
    Lets hear it all, bring it on ....

Alike Columbo just one last question, if the flashlight is the murder weapon why would JR assume responsibility for it, as per Dr Phil's mouth?

MURDERER_SERVANT and Tadpole12 like this.
  14. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

It wasn't Linda Wilcox it the housekeeper Linda H. Pugh that said it. She also said that Patsy asked her advice on sex with John. She has a book you can find online.

Laughing, Tadpole12 and MsJosie like this.
  15. Cottonstar

Cottonstar Well-Known Member

It’s coming....

Also, i don’t believe the flashlight is the murder weapon.

However, I do believe that it plays a role at the murder scene.

16. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

Could SG clearly see the window of BR's room?

17. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Tadpole12,
    I'm not certain. From the statements put up by jameson245 he could see the door down to the basement and lights in the window, just depends where BR's bedroom was wrt to the kitchen, since it was at the opposite end to JonBenet's !

For those interested here are the alleged statements, all posted by jameson245:

Tadpole12, Laughing and MsJosie like this.
  18. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Cottonstar,
    Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to reading it. The thing about the flashlight is JR says he took it upstairs to put BR to bed, do not ask why, as they had lights in the house and particularly in BR's bedroom, yet the next day the flashlight was found in the kitchen, so how did it arrive there?

i.e. JR never said, via Dr Phil's lips, that he took the flashlight back downstairs after putting Burke to bed. Yet Burke freely admits he returned downstairs once everyone was in their bedroom, so did he use the flashlight to do so?

I'm guessing the missing link lies in the unaired CBS episode and whatever LW sued CBS to make it all vanish, since from memory JR is getting his rebuttal in first, on the Dr Phil show, prior to the CBS show being broadcast, presumably they were not certain that CBS would abide by the cease and desist request issued by LW, so JR covers the bases by taking responsibility for the flashlight.

JR knew the flashlight was to be flagged up as the murder weapon.

Tadpole12, 8paws, TeaTime and 4 others like this.
  19. AndHence

AndHence Member

Ransom notes just aren't written at crime scenes. The ransom note exists solely because it's the ONLY piece of evidence that even suggests an intruder was there at all; without it, the parents would have been arrested upon the discovery of the body due to probable cause.

20. GreenOrchard

GreenOrchard Member

Ransom note = distraction ( albeit temporary ) . That's why they weren't arrested . Assuming one (or both) of them is indeed responsible . Sometimes its the very contents of a supposed ransom note that can be rendered as immaterial , especially if the subject of the note isn't alive anymore . I believe wholeheartedly that way too much attention was paid to the note , and too little attention to the domestic situation .

Tadpole12 and Cottonstar like this.