The REAL images they are not showing us

Doesn't the legislature pass the budget? I know the President has veto power, but doesn't the legislature pass the budget and then it's signed by the President. Or am I just whacked out this morning?

less0305 said:
Doesn't the legislature pass the budget? I know the President has veto power, but doesn't the legislature pass the budget and then it's signed by the President. Or am I just whacked out this morning?
you are not whacked out. People just don't remember "school house rocks" apparently, lol. :p

I don't recall seeing large headlines that read "the president vetoed congress and denied Louisiana the money they so desperately pleaded for to fix their levees"

PrayersForMaura said:
you are not whacked out. People just don't remember "school house rocks" apparently, lol. :p

I don't recall seeing large headlines that read "the president vetoed congress and denied Louisiana the money they so desperately pleaded for to fix their levees"

(Shhhhhh...I loved School House Rocks!) :crazy:

Barbara Starr the CNN reporter is traveling with Gen. Honore and made a few comments a minute ago. The military won't aid in the forced evacuations of the people....there for a humanitarian effort....rescues, food and water. As far as the rest....the military will not enter a home....they will knock on the doors and windows.

If you are dead, how are you going to answer the door?

Does anyone have any military experience that could explain this to me?

concernedperson said:
Barbara Starr the CNN reporter is traveling with Gen. Honore and made a few comments a minute ago. The military won't aid in the forced evacuations of the people....there for a humanitarian effort....rescues, food and water. As far as the rest....the military will not enter a home....they will knock on the doors and windows.

Or unconscious. Or too feeble to get up and too parched to cry out!

There has to be a good answer because General Honore seems practical.

concernedperson said:

I think it's the difference between: Search and Rescue, versus Recovery. "Recovery" kicks in when they basically say it's not reasonable to expect anyone could have lived that long without sustenance, etc. They don't want to delay any possibility of rescue for clearing out the deceased. Seems heartless, I know. Another damned if you do, damned if you don't....

KrazyKollector said:

Thanks for the link. The public will never really know what went awry unless they have the integrity to look at involvement on ALL levels. Making one target, such as the feds, and refusing to look at other compelling evidence of ineptness, mismanagement and corruption is not being intellectually honest IMHO. I say bring on ALL of the facts, and let the chips fall where they may.

Casshew said:
Can you imagine looking online and seeing someone you recognize? :(

Cass, with the amount of time that has passed and with the effect that the ellements have had on these bodies, I don't think there is much chance of that.
I understand what you are saying and yes someone might recognize someone by an article of clothing or jewelry and that would would bad/sad for them. I'm really mixed on this one. I agree with Tybee's post too.

PrayersForMaura said:
Hmmmm
Terrorism vs. levee
Education vs. levee
Healthcare vs. levee
Justice system vs. levee ...

I could see why it got pushed down on the priority list a time or too.
What did the state do with their funding?
How did they balance their budget?
I truly understand what you are saying...but there is one missing...

Tax cut vs. levee

I'm guessing there are many who would have given up theirs if they realized it could have helped prevent this.....I also read (and I'm sorry, but I can no longer find it) that a high ranking official in resigned after his pleas for funding to fix these levees was first turned down in 2001.....and here are some other expenses:

Infrastructure in Iraq
Schools in Iraq
Health care in Iraq

In very simplistic terms we destroyed all of these things and then paid to rebuild them.....while our infrastructure is crumbling in far too many areas of this country......................

I hear people complain about taxes, municipal taxes, state taxes, federal taxes.........and yes there is waste, but this country needs to take a look at its priorities........Oprah Winfrey is very generous, but how much does she make in a year??? I've read and heard that sports figures and rock stars and movie actors have been very generous........these people have this kind of money because of what we as a society 'value'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back