The Roy Kronk Connection- Opening Statements-Kronk takes the stand 2011.06.28

I couldn't agree with you more, cluciano! I am disappointed that it appears the state will not call Kronk, and it DOES make it seem like they have something to hide. I did know about all of Kronk's calls, and that whole situation has always seemed a bit hinky to me, not that I necessarily think he moved the body, mind you! It IS my opinion that he's not being completely honest about everything, however, and I don't think he'd come off as a very credible witness. Perhaps the SA know this (that he would not appear to be credible). On the other hand, maybe they are just attempting to spare him a grilling from the DT, as much as possible. I'm pretty sure he's on the DT's witness list, and he will definitely get a grilling, when called by them.

IMO, the prosecution didn't call Roy Kronk because he is a horrible witness for them even if he weren't cross-examined at all. He seems to have a very difficult time communicating his thoughts and recollections clearly and consistently. The prosecution knows this.

I think he is lying about various things. But even if he is telling the 100% truth, his testimony and communication style is problematic.

The PIs came in August.

Maybe Dawn meant that the PIs entered the picture (were hired) in August.

Dominic Casey (with JH) searched the Brackenwood & Suburban locations on November 15 & 16, 2008.

I couldn't agree with you more, cluciano! I am disappointed that it appears the state will not call Kronk, and it DOES make it seem like they have something to hide. I did know about all of Kronk's calls, and that whole situation has always seemed a bit hinky to me, not that I necessarily think he moved the body, mind you! It IS my opinion that he's not being completely honest about everything, however, and I don't think he'd come off as a very credible witness. Perhaps the SA know this (that he would not appear to be credible). On the other hand, maybe they are just attempting to spare him a grilling from the DT, as much as possible. I'm pretty sure he's on the DT's witness list, and he will definitely get a grilling, when called by them.

The state shouldn't change their presentation of the evidence because the defense created their ridiculous version of Caylee's "accidental drowning." If they start playing into this conspiracy, it will only lend credence to it, IMO.

They just need to put on the case that they have. It's enough to prove Casey did it.

Well, they couldnt go with the "accident" thangy anyway. member the duct tape. i have always thought ICA duct taped caylee to shut her up, first then glad she was gone cuz she didnt have to take care of her anymore. I bet the jury will feel that way. Maybe not but bet it.

Next---if Caylee had drown--GA wouldnt have been standing there holding a dead baby---hollerin at ICA-----GA would have had her on the ground givin CPR and hollerin at ICA to call 911. If Caylee had drown and not by ICA hands then ICA would have called 911 (if she loved her) that is a fact of nature.

When JB started talking about it being an accident and Caylee drown--I was gittin electricity runnin thru my body. (believable) Then he starts talkin bout ICA comin round the corner of the house and GA was standing there holdin a dead Baby and GA started hollerin at ICA-->>>look what u have done--ur mother will never forgive you for this<<<<----HELLOOOOO!!! duh---was like he threw a glass of water in my face. I grinned. that was so dumb.

Then he goes for Kronk's juggler. That was worth a bucket of water. He may as well have said--->>>what u just heard is all lies and u have to take it for the truth.<<<---

He may wished he hadnt opened that can of works---There was somebody else out in the woods polkin trash bags and JB told him not to call the cops if he found the body. The State hasn't brought DC into this "YET". iT IS "ALMOST" sad that JB is such an "UNSUAL" peep.

Guess it is easier to explain duct tape over a baby's face then it would be to explain where Kronk got the body from in the first place.

The state shouldn't change their presentation of the evidence because the defense created their ridiculous version of Caylee's "accidental drowning." If they start playing into this conspiracy, it will only lend credence to it, IMO.

They just need to put on the case that they have. It's enough to prove Casey did it.

Perhaps not, but it makes it appear (again, to me anyway) that they are afraid to call him. The person who makes a 911 call is almost always on the stand if he/she is available.

Perhaps not, but it makes it appear (again, to me anyway) that they are afraid to call him. The person who makes a 911 call is almost always on the stand if he/she is available.
Just because a witness has a less than stellar background, does not mean they are not honest in a certain circumstance. It was the same with Michael Jackson's latest accusers the Arvizo family. The family had a bad background, but I fully believe Michael Jackson took advantage of that and still paid them off for what he did!

Do you think that is the "Secret" LE spoke about at the Caylee Memorial? AND who is he talking about C.M.A.

thoughts? does he know more??

(oops.. this is RK thread... i wrote about LE)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...........I came to the conclusion the other day while looking at the trial proceedings that we have been wrong all along........ Lee was actually giving CMA (Casey Marie Anthony) a message of CMA (Cover My *advertiser censored*)............:floorlaugh:

Wow, I could have become the "Roy Kronk"! As soon as I read KioMarie's statements about she and Casey's little private area where some of their pets had been given a burial, I wanted to go and check it out. I had the feeling that this would have been the perfect place to search. I can see where if Roy Kronk was an ex PI and a very curious person following this case and he lived in the area too, then what is so strange about him stopping in the area and walking into the woods just to see what he could find? Somehow I don't find that strange :waitasec:. I'm a long way from Orlando and not able to tromp through Florida swampland but if I could have, I would have looked around the same area where Caylee was finally found. As far as the three 911 calls...........it just looks to me like he did the right thing, he called 911. He refused to give up his belief that Caylee was somewhere in this area and called 911 again. Imagine his frustration when Tropical Storm Fay intervened and there was a chance that the flood water had moved her little body somewhere else in this area? Also, imagine his surprise when he found it a third time and his boss actually got LE out there. I have a feeling that he was out there searching that area more than the three times, probably many more than three times. He was probably very hesitant to call 911 after he thought about it a bit but in the end he decided to call and Caylee was found and removed from all the other garbage out in the swamp. And just look at what Kronk has gone through since then. According to Baez's opening statement Kronk is "morally bankrupt" and is pointed at as a person who "moved Caylee's body" to the swamp. I am anxious to see just how Baez explains this..............but of course I'm still waiting for Ah.....HaH moment that Baez promised that we would see in the first thirty seconds of his opening statement.................:waiting:

I have faith in the SA, that they will straighten it all out when the DT calls him on cross. They're smart and they will ask the right questions.

Wow, I could have become the "Roy Kronk"! As soon as I read KioMarie's statements about she and Casey's little private area where some of their pets had been given a burial, I wanted to go and check it out. I had the feeling that this would have been the perfect place to search. I can see where if Roy Kronk was an ex PI and a very curious person following this case and he lived in the area too, then what is so strange about him stopping in the area and walking into the woods just to see what he could find? Somehow I don't find that strange :waitasec:. I'm a long way from Orlando and not able to tromp through Florida swampland but if I could have, I would have looked around the same area where Caylee was finally found. As far as the three 911 calls...........it just looks to me like he did the right thing, he called 911. He refused to give up his belief that Caylee was somewhere in this area and called 911 again. Imagine his frustration when Tropical Storm Fay intervened and there was a chance that the flood water had moved her little body somewhere else in this area? Also, imagine his surprise when he found it a third time and his boss actually got LE out there. I have a feeling that he was out there searching that area more than the three times, probably many more than three times. He was probably very hesitant to call 911 after he thought about it a bit but in the end he decided to call and Caylee was found and removed from all the other garbage out in the swamp. And just look at what Kronk has gone through since then. According to Baez's opening statement Kronk is "morally bankrupt" and is pointed at as a person who "moved Caylee's body" to the swamp. I am anxious to see just how Baez explains this..............but of course I'm still waiting for Ah.....HaH moment that Baez promised that we would see in the first thirty seconds of his opening statement.................:waiting:

Hi Lone ! I agree with your post, and yes I would have been over in that area looking as well after I heard that statement.

If RK had kept the body and then placed it there as the defense claims, .... I can't even go there because it is ignorant, there is no way in hades that man had anything to do with Caylee except for finding her and allowing her to have a proper resting spot unlike her momster....moo

Hi Lone ! I agree with your post, and yes I would have been over in that area looking as well after I heard that statement.

If RK had kept the body and then placed it there as the defense claims, .... I can't even go there because it is ignorant, there is no way in hades that man had anything to do with Caylee except for finding her and allowing her to have a proper resting spot unlike her momster....moo

I totally agree. No matter who found the body they would have the same suspicions cast on them by LP. It's only because of LP's ridiculous stories that the defense is using the "Kronk moved the body" defense. LP is a menace.

If RK had kept the body and then placed it there as the defense claims, ....

The defense didn't claim that. They only said that he moved the body and they didn't say when either. The term "kept" suggests that he may have taken it home or some other place of his confines. I've even seen other posters suggest that the defense is claiming he took the body home or "away". They didn't say anything like that.

I think they will either remain non-specific about from where-to-where he moved it, or more likely they will suggest that he moved it from one part of the woods to another part of the woods. I'm thinking they will suggest that George originally put her in the woods with the intent of someone finding her, then Kronk finds her and moves her to a more secluded (less obvious) part of the woods where she lays until his December reveal.

I am unfortunately on vacation on a horrible dial-up connection on an ancient computer :banghead: but Hoover provides an explanation of why they went to the Brackenwood house in his deposition. I will see if I can find the text version and look it up, but IIRC it is around the part where they are discussing DC "showboating" on the video for CA's benefit, and he was indicating that DC might have gone there because of another tip, but JH thought he just wanted CA to see him acting all tough-guy PI slashing bags and sifting through dirt.

Whether that is true or not "we may never know" :rolleyes: but my theory was that they went there because the tip was not terribly specific. I think with all the secret coded messages about pavers and bags and Gonzalez's, it is possible DC went there because he had a hunch about a possible different interpretation of the clues he was given.

What do you think the scenario would have been if the Gonzales house on Brackenwood happened to be occupied by that family instead of vacant?

The defense didn't claim that. They only said that he moved the body and they didn't say when either. The term "kept" suggests that he may have taken it home or some other place of his confines. I've even seen other posters suggest that the defense is claiming he took the body home or "away". They didn't say anything like that.

I think they will either remain non-specific about from where-to-where he moved it, or more likely they will suggest that he moved it from one part of the woods to another part of the woods. I'm thinking they will suggest that George originally put her in the woods with the intent of someone finding her, then Kronk finds her and moves her to a more secluded (less obvious) part of the woods where she lays until his December reveal.

I keep reading in news articles about what the defense had said about RK, I am going to go back to opening statements and relisten, but here is a clip from the news about RK according to the defense:

SNIPPED............................................................................

The claim in her lawyer's opening statement was the most remarkable moment in a day of startling accusations and revelations that included charges of incest, claims that the man who found the girl's body put it there,
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The defense said that Casey Anthony isn't a murderer and that she did not hide Caylee's body. Instead, they said that Roy Kronk, the meter reader who discovered Caylee's remains, tampered with the toddler's remains.

"Mr. Kronk is a morally bankrupt individual who actually took Caylee's body and hid her," Baez said. Kronk later "found" the body, Baez claims, because he hoped to collect a reward.

The lawyer did not explain in his opening statement how Kronk allegedly came into possession of Caylee's body.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-trial-defense-claims-caylee-anthony-drowned/story?id=13674375

Yeah, from where-to-where? and when? I don't think we're going to be able to figure out what Baez means until later in the trial, or maybe never. I think at one point in his opening statement about Kronk he even says "We don't know" (meaning that nobody other than Kronk knows).

We know that there is a certain point in time when her body must be positioned in the swamp and moved no longer afterwards. This is because of the scattering and plant growth. The defense may work on the botanist to try to shorten the given timeframe. I don't know.

...I figure, if JB is suggesting that he got a tip from his Security guard GF who over heard something from ICA and that tip to RK would make the crime scene inadmissible, and therefor LEO and RK are in Collusion, well then i figure it probably NOT true that RK got a tip from his Guard GF about the Remains and just fluked out.

BBM. It's widely cited on the web that Kronk's girlfriend at the jail worked in Human Resources, and was not a guard or was even in the vicinity of the inmates. It may have been Padilla who started this false rumor, among others that he spread.

Wow, I could have become the "Roy Kronk"! As soon as I read KioMarie's statements about she and Casey's little private area where some of their pets had been given a burial, I wanted to go and check it out. I had the feeling that this would have been the perfect place to search.

The problem with that is that if you went to the place where Casey and her friends buried their pets and hung out, you would not have found Caylee. She was placed in a completely different area.

Roy Kronk exclusive interview on Good Morning America. Worth watching again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvhZkDxuF0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvhZkDxuF0[/ame]

How on earth was he planning to fully gather up a decomposed body in a dense watery swamp and then transport it to Brackenwood and then bury it without being seen or getting evidence all over himself and his vehicle, etc?

I just can't picture this guy DC saying "Yep, I'll do it. I could be caught or snitched and put in jail for a long time but I will do it."

You're thinking like a rational individual, not like someone involved with the DT.

I have faith in the SA, that they will straighten it all out when the DT calls him on cross. They're smart and they will ask the right questions.

It's to their benefit, IMO, to let the DT come out with their wacky theories on their own and then point out the idiocy on cross. JMO

I'm sorry I said it was November. My bad. Very bad.

Good heavens, the PIs came in November. I knew what I was thinking and typed the opposite. MR came in August and December, and the PIs were there in November, just 1-2 days after MR drove by the wooded area when he read the meters for November and says he did not even think about stopping.

I think I should stop posting til I get home because I am clearly not able to type straight. :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back