The "sexting" revisited

If Kaine was trying to put pressure on TH, what better way to get public opinion totally against her than to make it look as if she were sexting someone that she hardly knew?

MC IS Kaine's old friend, and it's hard to say how much contact they've had recently. Kaine COULD have sent MC to the house to keep an eye on her. Given where he works, it's also possible that Kaine might have the skills (or know someone who does) to hack TH's phone.

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of TH sexting MC never has made sense to me as it was presented - if it had been someone she went to school with, a friend of hers - even the husband of one of her friends, I would buy it - but I just can't picture her getting involved that quickly with one of his friends.

I don't see employees of any company where you need a high security clearance, participating in anything in which their jobs would be at risk and they could be jailed.

If you have the technical abilities, you would well know what the legal ramifications and requirements are before you use those capabilities in an unlawful way.

If Kaine was trying to put pressure on TH, what better way to get public opinion totally against her than to make it look as if she were sexting someone that she hardly knew?

MC IS Kaine's old friend, and it's hard to say how much contact they've had recently. Kaine COULD have sent MC to the house to keep an eye on her. Given where he works, it's also possible that Kaine might have the skills (or know someone who does) to hack TH's phone.

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of TH sexting MC never has made sense to me as it was presented - if it had been someone she went to school with, a friend of hers - even the husband of one of her friends, I would buy it - but I just can't picture her getting involved that quickly with one of his friends.
I completely and respectfully disagree.

There is a techie on the phone thread that said any evidence of tampering would also have left a footprint on the phone..

in other words, if your theory is correct LE would know about it.

I don't see employees of any company where you need a high security clearance, to participate in anything in which their jobs would be at risk and they could be jailed.

If they you have the technical abilities, you would well know what the legal ramifications and requirements are before you use those capabilities in an unlawful way.

If the phone was in Kaine's name, would hacking it (or even just explaining to him how to do it) actually be illegal? Given that it's being done in various divorce cases, I'm not so sure.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny

To quote from the above,
"Not only can a phone be taken over remotely, the phones can be reprogrammed, remotely, to look like they are still off."

So - how do we know that it was actually TH sexting the naughty pictures from her phone to Cook, and not someone else who had hijacked her phone sending photos that were already on the phone (perhaps that she had shared with her husband) and pretending to be her?

I've always thought that the whole sexting story sounded hinky, but I couldn't quite figure out how the photos could have been sent without TH's knowledge - this would explain how it could happen. If someone wanted to make her look bad/guilty.....

I don't know----so far it looks like all of Terri's friends are with her, not against her. And I can understand (didn't know that was possible but...) being able to reprogram/operate a cell phone remotely but how would the person that's doing this know who the right person was to send the photos to?

I don't see employees of any company where you need a high security clearance, to participate in anything in which their jobs would be at risk and they could be jailed.

If they you have the technical abilities, you would well know what the legal ramifications and requirements are before you use those capabilities in an unlawful way.

What about just any computer geek, employed or unemployed. There might be someone out there who did this just because they can. JMO

Well first have we established Kaine has that knowledge? And yes I believe he still would be committing an illegal act. The FBI is involved why would he do such a thing when it could be traced back to him? I don't buy this at all.

Terri sexted got caught and Michael Cook admitted to it. I don't see the conspiracy at all.

in court documents Kaine also asked to go "in camera" with all the sexts and information from the cell phone that was provided to his attorney from law enforcement

the sexts were shown to the lawyer because they were similar in relationship conversation and sexual advances to those that she shared with the landscaper she tried to hire to kill Kaine..

And this is in court documents mind you.

I can see him injecting himself into the case as he claimed he was doing, and as he appeared to have done since Kyron disappeared.

MC actually said he was injecting himself into this case? For what reason, do we know?

The thing is, apparently Terri sent photos of herself (various parts of herself...) to MC.

IMO that would be pretty hard to counterfeit....anything identifiable, that is!

in court documents Kaine also asked to go "in camera" with all the sexts and information from the cell phone that was provided to his attorney from law enforcement

the sexts were shown to the lawyer because they were similar in relationship conversation and sexual advances to those that she shared with the landscaper she tried to hire to kill Kaine..

And this is in court documents mind you.

Heheheh. Oh man!

The pictures on the phone have a footprint. If Terri was sexting at 6pm and the picture's footprint was 6:01 pm on the same date I think it can be assumed that Terri did it. This was only a few days after Kaine left Terri. The dates on the pictures and the time they are sent are going to rule out the conspiracy.

If Kaine or anyone else was guilty of doing this the pictures and texts would not have been given to Kaine for his divorce filing and RO. The FBI would know exactly what those records are. Remember the headlines? The communications "mirrored" and "resembled" those sent to the Landscaper. I personally don't see this as anyone but Terri being less than unrestrained in her own behaviors after Kyron went missing.

A news station shows how cell phone spyware DOES work. While it says here that they downloaded to her phone, it obviously doesn't take mad skillz to do so.

You'll excuse me if I point out that media is constantly look for sensationalism and things to make people feel unsafe. It's a good story. You might look at the recent "I-dosing" stories as evidence of this. The story becomes even better when it targets kids because parents get worried.

It doesn't take a lot of technical know how to rob a bank if you are already in the vault and have the combination. If the owner of the phone actively finds, downloads, and installs this software on their phone... that is one thing. Doing this on a phone without physical access to it is, as I described,
is technically impossible.

another thought: these sexts and graphic photos could also have been on one of the phones that her friends bought for her...

just saying that in the report we read today... the fact that they were purchased for her was what got LE interested in the friends...

There very well could have been a tip called in on the new phones, they go to ask to see the phones, and find all the other "evidence" (cough) on them.

this makes sense to me because by this time her original phone was reported as taken and examined by LE (but not known if it had been returned).

Here also is a link to the court document on violation of the RO that concerns the sexts/how they apply to violation of the RO/LE gave them to the atty/etc:

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

Weren't similiar messages sent to MFH lawnscaper? Wonder how long she knew him? I'm thinking TMH doesn't know too much and could care less about boundaries when it comes to her lustful wants being satisfied...
And at this time, from what has been revealed, am even concerned she may have overstepped her boundaires with Kyron...Could that be the reason her step son is missing? JMHOOTS

Aside from high tech, there's low tech. MC was at Terri's house, right? Took pictures of the RO shortly after it was served, right?

In theory he could have grabbed Terri's phone, and found pictures that were already there (adults do the strangest things with their partners/cel phones) and sent them to himself.

What I don't know is whether or not the original footprint stays with the photo when it's passed on, and whether LE or Kaine's attorney had time to verify that info before it was acted upon.

It would be interesting to know. Another one of those things that could really tighten the case I'd think?

I have a friend whose ex (a computer engineer) had put a spyware program on her laptop while they were still together. She found out after she moved out of the house, when he hacked her emails and FB account and one day while she was on the computer, just took over remotely. She had a security expert examine the computer to remove the spyware--which then triggered a virus. He threatened to reveal confidential information about her friends because, of course, he was reading both sides of her personal mail. Now she's worried about identity theft, as well. So people who know computers can do many nefarious things. However, all of these "remote" technologies do leave footprints.

O/T, but anyone leaving a marriage or live-in relationship with a control freak should have their computers checked and change cell phones, all passwords, etc. It probably also a good idea to get a service like Life Lock for a year and to have a trusted mechanic look at the car.

It is certainly possible that someone else "sexted" for TH but not likely. A desperate father like Kaine might look for ways to monitor her communications, but he didn't need to: LE was all over that, apparently. It is hard to believe that someone in the computer world wouldn't know that he would get caught and lose credibility with LE--crucial to finding his son. And certainly, TH would be screaming that someone had remote-accessed her cell phone. So, in this case, I think the sexting happened.

The fact that Terri has never denied (at least publicly) any of this leads me to believe that she did, indeed, send these sex text messages.

I have confirmed from her facebook postings that Terri is using an Android phone. That means it most definitely has GPS, and given access to the device would be fairly easy to install surveillance software. It may also mean that her GPS data is available to law enforcement, which would provide her exact location.

I'm going to look over how Android and the carriers handle location info, and if law enforcement could access it.

Also something to think about... LE could very easily tell even from pings if she was actually driving around for 90 minutes as the towers she was on would be constantly changing. If she remains in one location for a long period of time, they could see that.

If they have access to her GPS data, that changes everything.

I have confirmed from her facebook postings that Terri is using an Android phone. That means it most definitely has GPS, and given access to the device would be fairly easy to install surveillance software. It may also mean that her GPS data is available to law enforcement, which would provide her exact location.

I'm going to look over how Android and the carriers handle location info, and if law enforcement could access it.

Also something to think about... LE could very easily tell even from pings if she was actually driving around for 90 minutes as the towers she was on would be constantly changing. If she remains in one location for a long period of time, they could see that.

If they have access to her GPS data, that changes everything.

I wonder how reliable the GPS data is. I have an Android also, and have a few applications that are location-based. Sometimes they can be off by a couple hundred meters or thousands of miles. I'm sure sometimes it's the application, but sometimes satellite communication is bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back