The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Discussion in 'Cooper Harris' started by tlcya, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjpaw

kjpaw Active Member

I agree with your thinking that you wouldn't assume people wouldn't be supportive but in fact the initial public outcry was total sympathy resulting in $22,000ish in a go fund me and almost 12,000 signatures on an online petition.

Mrsbobdenby likes this.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

He clearly believed he was NOT going to be charged. He watched a news story about a dad it happened to who was an advocate and thought he could be one as well.

Ross knew about FBS and that doing something out of the norm like a fast food visit, was part of what causes it. He didn't tell Leanna that he did that, while at work because he knew that may prompt questions about Cooper getting to daycare alright.

As to why he picked such an implausible scenario as forgetting that quickly? It sure seems pretty stupid to me. Just like murder always is. Typically, these people aren't that bright. And I think even Ross' defense team has inferred he lacks intelligence.

Regardless, the stupidity or implausibility of the plan does zero to persuade me this was an accident in light of way too many other, quite profound facts in this case.

Mrsbobdenby likes this.
  3. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

The empathetic, caring, thoroughly decent, much loved , innocent victim of an actual sociopath, Travis Alexander, in an email to friends: "I'm a sociopath" (referring to how he had treated some GF's).

Travis was not a sociopath.

RH, cheating on his wife , sexting with a willing partner who knows he's sexting with his wife nearby because RH told her he was, who, knowing that , asks HIM if he has no conscience?

As if SHE did? Ross says no, he doesn't. Maybe because he's accurately assessed who he's sexting with, and they're both just saying - yeah. Cheating doesn't make me feel bad.

Disgusting as a moral measure, but no measure of his ability to kill his son.

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Because he knew of cases where , not only did the father not get arrested, he became a professional advocate, for child safety.

Very few parents do any prison time for accidental hot car deaths.

5. Hope4More

Meh . Just watched that video. There were plenty of places nearby RH's car for his friends to have pulled in for the few seconds it would have taken for RH to stall them if he wanted to.

Of all the points to be made about malice, imo the whole lunchtime thing is just about the least convincing, though I can definitely understand why LE thought he was hiding something by not remembering, and his hesitation when initially asked.

6. momoftwocrazies

momoftwocrazies Well-Known Member

7. katydid23

Just as men who send pictures of their junk to 14 yr olds are pretty despised. And getting caught doing that with minors could also mean he'd lose everything and go to prison, and he still continued to do it, not even trying to hide any connection to his screen name.

Mrsbobdenby likes this.
  8. pet friend

pet friend Member

A tree in a hot summer Georgia day is totally inadequate & a moot point imo. A ninety degree day in a closed vehicle is not going to be helped by a small tree nearby.

9. Hope4More

10. katydid23

He may not have planned to leave him in the car before going to breakfast. It may have been an impulsive decision, triggered by the feelings he was expressing in the Whisper app. He may have pondered it for awhile, but only decided to do so that morning, when he was pulling out of the lot.

All the stresses were hitting him at once---stress from his job, unhappiness with his marriage---and Cooper was the one thing that prevented him from leaving all of that stress behind. He could quit his job, be single, and travel around as an advocate for child safety, just by 'accidentally' on purpose, forgetting to drop him off.

11. katydid23

Yes. More than half are charged. And of those, half are found not guilty. The other half are usually convicted of much lesser charges, and only half are given any prison time. So essentially , only 1 in 4 are sent to prison.

And the LEAST LIKELY to be convicted are fathers, who accidentally left kids while on the way to work, who were not drunk or high.

link:here are some of the stats, but the above conclusions come from various sources I have read.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...-hot-cars-shows-inconsistency-charges-n135861

12. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

OT
    This is our favorite appetizer recipe, Tex.

-Unpeeled large shrimp or prawn
    -Wishbone Italian salad dressing
    Pour Wishbone over shrimp. Marinate overnight.
    BBQ.

Provide lots of wet napkins before letting your guest back inside your house.
    (Often our guests don't want to come back in for their main meal. They just want more shrimp and beer.)

13. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

I think it's puzzling he forgot Cooper in a 30 second timeframe after the big production of strapping him in the car seat and telling him how much he loved him. I think he wanted to show people at CFA that he loved his son by taking him (one last time for his daddy and son breakfast), before killing him. Ross wanted people to know how much he loved his son, but I believe in the back of his mind he didn't want to deal with Cooper anymore. Ross even said in the LE interview to ask people who knew him that he was a great father.

14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't miss anything!

15. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

Precisely, I am paranoid of hot car deaths. It's one of my biggest fears. But I think my fear is smaller than the Harrises because my husband and I don't "talk about it ALL the time." So every day, exactly one block from my workplace, I glance into my rear view mirror so I can look into the car seat in the back of my van. I also place my teacher bag on the floor in front of the car seat as a fail-safe, so when I open the sliding door I look directly into the car seat to get to my bag.

People who are scared of things take precautions against them. Especially if it's their "biggest fear."

16. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

Have a nice weeken

HAPPY VETERANS DAY... THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ...
    a memorial day vets day.jpg

17. DaleTray

DaleTray Active Member

I have always thought along those lines as well. If I were going to commit a murder I would plan to have no witnesses or evidence. I wouldn't have stopped by CFA. I wouldn't have visited my car at lunch. I definitely wouldn't have introduced movie plans. I wouldn't have been texting 6 women seeking a hook up and left evidence on phone knowing those sext offered jail time all by themselves. But, if I were going to try pull off a murder like this, I would plan on allowing the son to bake until the end of my work day then throw the surprise. Why incorporate more potential witnesses when they couldn't offer RH a morning alibi or excuse?

18. katydid23

I really don't think we can compare Travis Alexander to Ross Harris, in terms of their actions. Travis was a single man, having consenual sex with a nutcase. Very different.

19. DaleTray

DaleTray Active Member

I like it when I learn regional words not heard in other areas. I've heard it called many,many things from many, many regions, but never shtupping. I like that one and will use it if you don't have the word trademarked.

20. katydid23

But you are not a messy, impulsive obsessive type like Ross. You say he would have been more cautious. But look how messy and ridiculous he was in the way he was sexting minors. He was incredibly stupid--using a screen name that could easily be figured out by LE---sending pictures of his junk to a 14 yr old. He doesn't think things through very well, imo.

You say you wouldn't want any witnesses. But I would want witnesses it see me shocked and upset when I found my dead child. [God forbid]
    So maybe he did want others to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.