The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw you too? I thought I'd clicked on something. It didn't do that last time, not that I remember anyway. Hope not, it takes up too much of the screen. I've clicked the arrows to lose latest activity posts, but that just leaves empty space under the three boxes, never happy, lol. Thanks.
It's my entire right side of the screen and the forum chat is now this skinny tallwindow instead of stretch sideways across if that makes sense. I'm on an ipad

It's my entire right side of the screen and the forum chat is now this skinny tallwindow instead of stretch sideways across if that makes sense. I'm on an ipad

I use Tapatalk - but the pro version ($2.99 maybe??) and it's always worked great for me on my iPad and iPhone. Didn't care for the free version (if I remember right there were ads).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am ready to accept this jury's verdict. It feels to me like they are really trying to do the job as instructed. I didn't feel that with the CA jury. I do believe this guy is guilty of causing Cooper's death but I am not as well versed on Georgia law regarding how cases are charged as I would be if I were on the jury. Florida statutes were pretty straight forward regarding the CA charges.

<respectfully snipped>

The CA jury, :moo: , said, "Enough already!" and wanted to resume their normal lives. The trial was long, contentious, tedious, and I believe the jury was ready to be done with it. Their rationale - that they "didn't know who was supposed to be watching Caylee" - was the biggest line of bull@#$% I've ever seen or heard :rolleyes: I sincerely hope the jury in the case of JRH is more intelligent, patient, and definitely not as lily-livered as the CA jury. By comparison, I don't think that's asking for much ;)

I remember reading in the minutes from that trial day that the prosecution stated in trial that Ross had posted a comment under the you tube video (where you can make comments): "It would be terrible if my son was in that car." The date he posted this was on Friday, June 13th, 2014.

I wonder if that comment has been deleted per this investigation, or if that comment is still up there!!!

Checking..... :)

I remember reading in the minutes from that trial day that the prosecution stated in trial that Ross had posted a comment under the you tube video (where you can make comments): "It would be terrible if my son was in that car." The date he posted this was on Friday, June 13th, 2014.

I wonder if that comment has been deleted per this investigation, or if that comment is still up there!!!
His comment was on you tube after he watched the video. He wrote "I would hate for that to happen to my son"

<respectfully snipped>

The CA jury, :moo: , said, "Enough already!" and wanted to resume their normal lives. The trial was long, contentious, tedious, and I believe the jury was ready to be done with it. Their rationale - that they "didn't know who was supposed to be watching Caylee" - was the biggest line of bull@#$% I've ever seen or heard :rolleyes: I sincerely hope the jury in the case of JRH is more intelligent, patient, and definitely not as lily-livered as the CA jury. By comparison, I don't think that's asking for much ;)

I think I still have ptsd from the CA trial. The hatred runs deep.

I use Tapatalk - but the pro version ($2.99 maybe??) and it's always worked great for me on my iPad and iPhone. Didn't care for the free version (if I remember right there were ads).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use tapatalk on my phone. I guess I should just download it on the iPad but I like using the website directly...more user friendly....

I think he thought he would go that night and prob have to answer some questions for formality in a few days....I think he was gobsmacked to be arrested.

Yip. I think it's pretty obvious. He thought he was only gonna be there a short time when he asked how long they were going to detain him.

When Stoddard brought pen/paper and told RH to write down 'phone numbers as they were holding onto his 'phone, RH thought he was going home then. They think Stoddard wants a contact number for Harris. That's when he and Leanna had the little conversation about their cars. He asked where hers was and told her why they were keeping his. When Stoddard comes back and points out the numbers are for RH as he's being detained, is when Leanna's voice breaks and she asks if it has to be like this.

No way did he think he would spend one night in jail.

Didn't he feed Cooper a sausage and egg biscuit that morning?
No according to the ME. Potatoes and oj. Fats and meat break down very slowly. Carbs quickly. He told LHthis whole story about cooperveating the sausage biscuit but it was all rubbish as there was nothing in his system to that effect. I'm sure he ate the poor kids food..

On a completely unrelated note, I do have an unfortunate distraction from the verdict limbo anxiety. My betta fish (I've had for 5 months) is on "life support" for the third time. I swear, this fish is going to give me gray hair before I'm 32. I'm stressed trying to figure out what's making him hunker down on a rock at the bottom of his tank and tilt sideways again! The first time he needed a water change (I am new at this), the second time he had a swollen bladder from eating too much, now...I don't know, but I'm setting out water to do a complete water change tomorrow--hopefully he'll be okay.

Maybe fish have 9 lives too...

Yip. I think it's pretty obvious. He thought he was only gonna be there a short time when he asked how long they were going to detain him.

When Stoddard brought pen/paper and told RH to write down 'phone numbers as they were holding onto his 'phone, RH thought he was going home then. They think Stoddard wants a contact number for Harris. That's when he and Leanna had the little conversation about their cars. He asked where hers was and told her why they were keeping his. When Stoddard comes back and points out the numbers are for RH as he's being detained, is when Leanna's voice breaks and she asks if it has to be like this.

No way did he think he would spend one night in jail.

You couldn't pay me to ever get in that car again. I would have it towed to a facility and crushed. I wouldn't ever see it's again.

No according to the ME. Potatoes and oj. Fats and meat break down very slowly. Carbs quickly. He told LHthis whole story about cooperveating the sausage biscuit but it was all rubbish as there was nothing in his system to that effect. I'm sure he ate the poor kids food..

I know right! He said that ate what was leftover of the sausage biscuit but apparently the whole darn thing was "leftover."

I believe he intentionally killed Cooper, and planned to do it since at least waking up in the morning and verifying the temperature. Juxtaposing that belief with the knowledge that he ate the entree of Cooper's last meal really irks me.

Yes, I remember RH words...but that still doesn't help determine if he sent pics pre/post finding out her age. The crime is sending the pic to a known minor. I clearly recall her testimony she has lied initially to RH about her age.

link:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/17/us/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death-trial/

The witness said she first lied when she told Harris that she was 18. Harris, who said he was 33, first sent her a picture of his private parts and she responded with a picture of her private parts on Whisper, an app that encourages people to tell secrets, she testified. But later in the conversation, she said she told Harris she was 15.

The girl answered yes and became emotional when Cobb County Assistant District Attorney Chuck Boring asked whether there were "some things in that chat about what he wants to do to you as a 15-year-old girl."

lol I hear ya, I personally can't fathom the fbs I read but I can assume that some are real. But I really do think cfa was for ross. That's why he sexted thru his special little buddy time. It wasn't special and that's why he never mentioned it all day to LH. It was just another regular breakfast "that he always eats"
I think that even if I thought for one second he did forget him in 30 secs I do not believe he didn't realize it later and did nothing and that's what the light bulb debacle is all about.

I think what floors me the most is how these things always happen to people with so much craziness in their lives. I mean seriously....sexting minors and searching for the punishment...such a complete idiot. The people that don't seem to get charged are Normal people...people with no drama or wackidoodleness

Ross makes the little hairs on my neck stand up...there are just too Many things! Individually perhaps explained away...compiled scream intent.

Totally, absolutely not the case that only "wackidoodles" get charged, though it is the case that pilllar of the community types are less likely to be charged, but that depends on what state they're in too.

Everyone, but everyone, gets investigated.

If he wanted the work friends to be whitenesses why not offer to drive them to lunch that day? They would have all found him together. The movie plans were already in motion from the day before right? So most likely not plan B for a discovery opportunity.

I think he needed that extra hour to make certain it was all over. The worst thing ever would be too find him in such a terrible state that he would be in horrible medical condition for the rest of his life.

What makes you think that no one ever really gets into trouble for it? IIRC more than half of the people who leave their kids in hot cars like this are charged with a crime.

I think that's because in many cases the person who left the kid in the car did so to go sit in a bar and drink, or visit their dealer to make a purchase. The ones who leave the kid and go to work or school or wherever may be charged but are usually not found guilty of an intentional act. And I have to wonder how many of those that appear so innocent are actually intentional acts. If a person really looks at these cases and how they come out in the end, it could actually be quite a fool-proof way to do away with an unwanted burden. It could look like an accident even when it isn't because the death is not hands-on.

Does hyperthermia slow the rate of digestion? How come the ME couldn't get a ballpark figure about the time of death based on the rate of digestion of the Chik-fil-A breakfast?

<respectfully snipped>

I think it would be very difficult if not impossible to find a poorer excuse for a jury than the CA jury. I can't imagine the jurors in this case being so obtuse.

For those who think he's guilty: could you please just briefly post when it is you believe Ross began thinking about killing Cooper and/or actually planning to kill him, and/or decided to kill him for sure?

1. Sometime in May, probably late May
2. When he stopped taking pics of Cooper arriving at daycare
3. When he watched the YouTube video on June 13
4. On June 17.
5. Morning of June 18, when he received Meadows text, when he replied
6. Morning of 18, before he left home
7. Morning of 18, after responding to Whisper, while at CFA.
8. Morning of 18, heading to Uturn, or by the time he reached the intersection.

Some other time.

But the CFA receipt showed the 2 biscuits, right? Omg, he ate Coopers biscuit? &!@$*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998