The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Discussion in 'Cooper Harris' started by tlcya, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

You'll have to eat them yourself, sorry to say. ;)

This is what I do. I'm willing to acknowledge that there was a pause, and that it was a meaningful pause, and even, that RH may have skipped the part about the lightbulbs by choice.

But...bringing in that context thing.

It's also possible that in the several hours before that interview RH had already put those pieces together, had already realized what could have been, had already screamed about it at the scene, or in Piper's car, or had sobbed about it at the station.

And, when it came to that part of his account what he realized, in that pause , was that there was no way this suspicious Stoddard was going to believe him that he hadn't seen Cooper.

2. Hope4More

Better now..

3. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d Former Member

That's my point - Stoddard never said his head went below the roof.

4. *JMO*

*JMO* Active Member

BBM: I understand this point and agree it is compelling. But in the cases of other parents in similar forgotten baby situations the parent also drove a deceased baby in the car after a day at work and also did not notice an odor. In the case in our hometown a few months ago the mother spent a day at work and then drove to the day care to pick up her baby, forgetting that she had never dropped him off. Only after going into the day care center and being told she did not bring him did she discover him in the car.

So I am just pointing out that this in itself is not an indicator of guilt unless we are to believe these other parents are also guilty of murdering their baby.

5. knt

knt New Member

I don't think Ross killed Cooper on purpose but that point about him wanting to be an advocate has always given me pause. I do believe Ross would crave that life. John Walsh gets attention, respect, fame, is on TV, a celebrity of sorts, and the potential for the money that comes with TV and fame, That would be Ross's dream life.

ETA; this was suppose to be a reply to Katydid23 but WS is acting up.

6. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

I usually just read in this forum for updates.. but I decided to post just because I'm an RN with many yrs in the ER and I wanted to give you a Virtual Standing Ovation!

:applause:

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

BBM: Ross had nothing to hide if he was telling the truth. He could claim he didn’t see Cooper at lunch, just like he claimed when he didn’t make that turn to day care. If he didn’t knowCooper was in the car when leaving CFA, than he didn’t know he was there any time at all during that day. Why hide it?

(again typing in Word doc,words may run together and I don’t know why) UGH!

8. EquallyDivided

EquallyDivided New Member

I'm thinking about the digestion fo food in Cooper's tummy.

Can anyone find a minute log of RH actions on the day Cooper died? I can't find out WHEN RH left for lunch, or when he returned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

What kind of water are you using? Are you using the drops or tablets that make the water conditions appropriate for them?

10. LyndyLoo

LyndyLoo Active Member

I think you are NOT factoring in that Closed vehicle would be like a Green House affect..So temp may be 90+ outside..but inside that vehicle temps would increase by the minute..Maybe you should watch the Pet ( vet) person describe how temp inside escalated within 30 minutes..meanwhile outside temp remain constant...There's no excuse nor need to believe..ANY Closed space would remain similar nor have circulation of air from Ross's SIV interior ....It's not possible for Cooper to even survive till lunch time..and I don't give a care about tree..because without air circulations..the environment without it..will HEAT up !! Meanwhile Cooper breaths out ( losing fluid) and urinates (losing fluid) then perspires ( fluids loss)..and given his age and body mass..No way this loss didn't cause metabolic changes..consciousness decrease..Panic and trying to escape..which would explain his small nail scratching on his face... .. I happen to know from experience..without air circulations and increasing heat..coupled with NO Re-hydration ( fluids) is a recipe for death of any child restrained and unable to escape out of vehicle. If cooper had of been older..he would have known how to undo restraints..open car door..BUT Conveniently..Ross likely knew his time window was narrowing.. ..

11. FinallyRegistered

FinallyRegistered Active Member

I don't have that info handy, but on Stoddard's direct, Exhibit 430, the Publix receipt says 11:54am.

12. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

IIRC, he left around 11:20 and was back around12:45.

13. DaleTray

DaleTray Active Member

I enjoy everyone of your insightful post. Your post are usually fact supported or indicative you dig deep into your thoughts in search for reasoning. You dug deep for this one. I know it's difficult to be one of the few w opposing views but you sure do express yourself clearly. Helps me keep my eyes open from both sides and I thank you for the time and effort .

14. knt

knt New Member

Hope, it's a joy reading your posts. I totally concur. I don't need to post because you express everything much more eloquently than I ever could.

15. Hope4More

Because, really, up to that point RH might have thought he could persuade LE it was an accident, but admitting that he went to his car, opened the door, and didn't see Cooper?

How many people here find that impossible to believe? He would have had to know hinky alarms would be ringing loudly enough to be heard even in his own right ear.

(One of my standing points for any and all time in his interactions with LE after his phone was seized - imo he was at all times fearful of doing anything that might keep his phone in their hands.)

16. Hope4More

Thank you so much for the kind words. :). But....did you read my qualifying post following this one? :D

17. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Can I please ask a question I'm sorry if I have missed this I'm sure it's been covered very well. Were the Prosecutors able to pull video of how RH normally got in and out of his car at work on a normal day? & if so were the jury able to compare it to how he got in the car putting the lightbulbs in and when he found little Cooper on that tragic day?

Apologies in advance if this has been covered already I've not been able to cover to case as closely as I wanted due to health issues. Any replies much appreciated. This is a very difficult case thanks so much to all of you for your in depth analysis.

18. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

BBM: I do, that is one reason why I find him guilty on all accounts :D

19. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

Along this same vein, did Ross have his bag (laptop bag) when he went home for the day (;eft for movies)? How did he enter the car? I can't imagine he would enter the car with the bag still on his hip (I'm blonde, I've done this before--you end up sitting on the bag)--so that would require leaning into the car to put it on the passenger seat/center console area (egads!), or passenger floor area. And how does this compare to how he normally entered the car with his bag at the end of the day?

20. Hope4More

Is it my birthday? Two presents in a row? :). Thank you, really.

Btw. I'm perfectly ok with being in the minority here or elsewhere. The majority may irk me once in awhile, the same way I seem to irk the majority (perhaps a tad more frequently? :D) but often enough that's because I'm being challenged to question my reasoning. Fair enough, a good thing too, and I'm grateful for all the thought provoking discussion on these threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.