The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some stemless wine glasses. I have the glass one's but luv, luv, luv these. They are plastic. When you look at them you would never know until you handle them. Nice glass look to them. Which is good as my clumsy is even clumsier. Now LOL

I like that idea, but I have problem with drinking out of plastic cups... But here I sit and reuse a plastic bottle. LMAO

I just keep thinking (because I've been disappointed by verdicts after CA, JA dp part etc), he will spend at least a couple decades in jail even if he's acquitted on murder. Between 6-8 and the next round of indictments, he won't be able to procreate again, thank goodness.

Having said that, the suspense is slowly killing me.

Well time served will get factored in I'm sure...

Hi, all. First-time poster, been lurking since the trial started.

FWIW:
o The Home Depot offers no employee discount in the retail stores.

o In order to do a "name change" in Outlook (email client used), RH would simply contact the email team to set up an alias email address, e.g. ross_harris instead of justin_harris. This way he could be found in the Outlook directory under his preferred name. I know because I had to do the same exact thing so people could find me by my preferred name when sending email. HR wouldn't figure into it as they require your legal name in the system for your W2, etc.

Welcome!

FWIW:

o In order to do a "name change" in Outlook (email client used), RH would simply contact the email team to set up an alias email address, e.g. ross_harris instead of justin_harris. This way he could be found in the Outlook directory under his preferred name. I know because I had to do the same exact thing so people could find me by my preferred name when sending email. HR wouldn't figure into it as they require your legal name in the system for your W2, etc.
Never lurk again...
I like people who make sense :happydance:

I think that is the bottom line. Those who feel he's innocent view him as a kind of bumbling, hapless sort. Those who don't view his actions as those of someone about to or committing murder. Didn't shave because preoccupied with what he was about to do. Sat in car for 30 seconds because thinking about what he was going to do. Going back to car to check on progress. But didn't watnt to actually see. Etc.

ETA: I think he might have planned on making his "discovery" at lunch but might of chickened out or heard something indicating it wasn't over.
Or the car backing out nearby made his friends have to drive off.....just saying

FWIW:

Welcome aboard.

Now Home Depot may not offer discounts to regular store employees.

But what about HQ employees?

Just asking?

I just keep thinking (because I've been disappointed by verdicts after CA, JA dp part etc), he will spend at least a couple decades in jail even if he's acquitted on murder. Between 6-8 and the next round of indictments, he won't be able to procreate again, thank goodness.

Having said that, the suspense is slowly killing me.

That's how I feel too. At least in this case, I know that he will be doing some serious jail time, no matter what the verdict is on the murder charges. :jail:

I think that is the bottom line. Those who feel he's innocent view him as a kind of bumbling, hapless sort. Those who don't view his actions as those of someone about to or committing murder. Didn't shave because preoccupied with what he was about to do. Sat in car for 30 seconds because thinking about what he was going to do. Going back to car to check on progress. But didn't watnt to actually see. Etc.

ETA: I think he might have planned on making his "discovery" at lunch but might of chickened out or heard something indicating it wasn't over.

And if being an avoider and denier is keeping within the character of Ross...

Wouldn't shutting the door, walking away, going about your day....be in that same character? To me, yes. It fits perfectly.

(I actually think he was just a spiraling sociopath...but I'm trying to reach for all sides here.)

I'm going to split hairs, because that's what I exist to do. :D

I think this was most likely an "accident," but am not entirely sure. I don't mean by that I have doubts whether or not it was planned or done with intent. I don't believe that, for all the reasons I've yammered about for weeks, but cliff note version- IMO the State's case was all over the place precisely because they never found one narrative about intent that made sense even to them.

By doubt I mean.....I can't call what happened "just" an accident, because of the many choices RH made that morning that precluded actually taking care of his son. IMO , for example, it's impossible to believe RH actually hugged and kissed Cooper after he strapped him in.

Not because thinking he did do those things makes it less likely to believe Ross would forget him, but because I think his indifference to Cooper that morning makes it nearly impossible to believe Ross would have bothered. It is IMO the fact of his indifference, his wilful preoccupation with texting (anyone, about anything), that makes his "forgetting" of Cooper believable.

I absolutely do not view Ross as some hapless bumbling innocent victim, entrapped and persecuted by nefarious LE.

The part of the State's case I can agree with is their portrayal of Ross as a man who loved his son (omitting the State's "might have"), but who was most certainly capable of putting his own needs above Cooper's, as well those of Leanna.

IMO, a degree of selfishness and more than I can't identify with at all, much less sympathize with, but also one that I don't believe made RH capable of murdering Cooper.

I unplug everything too. My uncle was a fire fighter and way back in the olden days when I was in my twenties he told me to never ever leave a toaster plugged in...for some reason that stuck with me.
I lived in a home for 14 years that had ceramic tiles counter top. Woke one morning w toaster over red hot with a permanent burn into a tile that couldn't be removed. I really believe I would have had a kitchen fire had I had laminated counter tops. I have never left a toaster oven plugged in since

As soon as my painters leave, I plan to have a lovely glass of Merlot :toastred: They have kitchen window/door open, and I'm freezing even though it's sunny and mild today. I'd love a cup of tea but can't use the kitchen at the moment. My allergies are not doing well with the paint smell: coughing, watery eyes, drippy nose :nuts: I'll be glad when they're finished.

So it seems like jurors want to know if Mr Sexty knew his child was in that car during the light bulb fiasco.

But my question is.

Why mess with your coworkers time schedule so you can pick up light bulbs?

Because he could have picked them up after work or before work.

Now he forgets everything but remembers to have someone else wait for him so he can get light bulbs at lunch?

Btw. When Leanna asked him about if he got to work.

Why didn't he do the dad bravado and text her back about how him and Cooper had a wonderful breakfast together?

FWIW:

Hi Edge, and welcome.

On your second point: Yes, these are the steps to take in a basic company's Outlook setup. However, this does not hold true in the checks-and-balances IT/HR system of a world-wide, publicly traded corporation.

[video=twitter;796785750247407616]https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq/status/796785750247407616[/video]

I lived in a home for 14 years that had ceramic tiles counter top. Woke one morning w toaster over red hot with a permanent burn into a tile that couldn't be removed. I really believe I would have had a kitchen fire had I had laminated counter tops. I have never left a toaster oven plugged in since

* quickly goes into kitchen to unplug toaster* :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member