The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. And my hunch based on what I'm reading about in-court behavior is, members of this jury think so too, solidly. The question is: can all 12 get behind this-or will it be hung?

Let's hope not! (On the hung part)

I predict a verdict within the hour.

If not, I bet they stay until they get one. Nobody want to come back Monday. It's obvious they are contemplating the malice by their latest evidence requests--and based on the court chatter I just read on here...they're nearly done.

If the jurors are requesting and rewatching the lightbulb trip, they must be talking about MALICE. Treating it as a gotcha moment/hit the nail on the head. MOO.

Still upsetting no one was in court for Cooper!!

I noticed an older lady at least one of the days(blonde hair) sitting behind the PT and getting visibly upset at times.. does anyone know who this was?

One possible connection I see between all the evidence they’ve asked for is this—

Reasonable doubt. A large part of the DT’s case on through closing arguments was that LE’s investigation and testimony couldn’t be trusted. Jury can’t do anything with that, except to ask- is it possible that any key evidence was tainted by LE bias?

Which evidence? The doll’s measurements. What LE said they saw and heard during their interview with Ross. Finding Leanna suspicious ( and by inference, Ross suspicious), without foundation. Whether or not LE accurately described what RH did at lunchtime with the lightbulbs.

To see for themselves, to remove any filter of LE bias from the evidence. To take LE bias off the table.

I promise you, if I lived in Georgia, I would be there. North Carolina is a little too far of a trek to be there. Of course, I am a complete stranger. It is very sad that there isn't anyone who personally knew and loved him there for him.

Back when Stoddard first testified about this, in my mind when he said he was inside the frame of the vehicle I thought he meant inside the triangular area that the open car door creates next to the car, not that JRH had stooped down to peer inside the car as he put the bulbs in.

I thought the point was how close he was to the car. People are using this as "proof" that Stoddard lied, but I think his testimony is being misunderstood.

He insinuated it to the Magistrate, then he has changed it several times. Final he more less agreed his head didnt go down below the roof.

Judging by the jury requests, I think he will be convicted of one of the murder charges. I don't see the particular things they're looking at has anything to do with Stoddard or the defenses theories. They're looking at what he said, specifically, and what he did. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to see him driving away at the end of the day next. This nodding thing...even if he didn't look inside, he was close enough to smell.

I do think that he did it intentionally. I'm glad I am not on the jury though, because I think there is a small window of reasonable doubt. All the more heart wrenching, really. To think someone did it but feel the evidence is not solid. I really find his behavior so odd, in just about every way. But there are weirdos in the world who don't always act the way we think they should. If I were a juror, I would probably be crying too. This is a tough case.

If his head didn't dip below the doorframe of the car, do you think the jury will use this as their "aha" moment that it WAS malice or it was NOT malice? Would the odd way he tossed the bulbs in be the aha moment?

[video=twitter;796811232665735168]https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq/status/796811232665735168[/video]

Commentary on last jury request.

I think all of us gave up on convincing one another about innocence or guilt a LONG time ago, lol. I wouldn't try n any case, much less with you, because I can't help but have noticed your position is firm indeed. Shall I save my time in countering your list with my list then? :D

Sure! I just was signaling my definite state of mind. Where before I was still open, I'm not now.

One possible connection I see between all the evidence they’ve asked for is this—

Reasonable doubt. A large part of the DT’s case on through closing arguments was that LE’s investigation and testimony couldn’t be trusted. Jury can’t do anything with that, except to ask- is it possible that any key evidence was tainted by LE bias?

Which evidence? The doll’s measurements. What LE said they saw and heard during their interview with Ross. Finding Leanna suspicious ( and by inference, Ross suspicious), without foundation. Whether or not LE accurately described what RH did at lunchtime with the lightbulbs.

To see for themselves, to remove any filter of LE bias from the evidence. To take LE bias off the table.

I would agree with you if the also asked for a tape measure.

I do think that he did it intentionally. I'm glad I am not on the jury though, because I think there is a small window of reasonable doubt. All the more heart wrenching, really. To think someone did it but feel the evidence is not solid. I really find his behavior so odd, in just about every way. But there are weirdos in the world who don't always act the way we think they should. If I were a juror, I would probably be crying too. This is a tough case.

If I was a juror, I would absolutely 100% be crying at some point, for a variety of reasons.

1) The horrible suffering of Cooper Harris leading to his death that day.
2) How could someone do this to their own child.
3) The emotions knowing I'd be sending someone away for life. Even if they are as guilty as the day is long that is still a heavy burden to have to decide.
4) I get emotional when I'm tired and this would keep me up all night, for nights on end.

If his head didn't dip below the doorframe of the car, do you think the jury will use this as their "aha" moment that it WAS malice or it was NOT malice? Would the odd way he tossed the bulbs in be the aha moment?

It was an important factor for me. If he didn't go back to the car at lunch I would definitely have a harder time thinking he did this intentionally. Also the tossing in.. that leads me to believe he KNEW what (or who :( ) was in there.

If the jurors are requesting and rewatching the lightbulb trip, they must be talking about MALICE. Treating it as a gotcha moment/hit the nail on the head. MOO.

You may be right.

Can you add why the conclusion could be that ? What is it about the lightbulb trip that would indicate the jury maybe looking at the Malice part?

It was an important factor for me. If he didn't go back to the car at lunch I would definitely have a harder time thinking he did this intentionally. Also the tossing in.. that leads me to believe he KNEW what (or who :( ) was in there.

This is my thought. Did he chuck his work bag in in an unnatural way when he got to the car after work? Intentionally avoid looking towards the backseat? Why would he behave that way if he had no idea Cooper was there?

One thing I'm not clear on is the movie - I know it started at 5:00 and I believe he left work at 4:15 but haven't been able to ascertain why he texted his friends that he would be late. Was this ever part of the testimony and if so, what was Harris's stated reason for knowing in advance that he'd be late to the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member