The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Cooper Harris' started by tlcya, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

I truly believe that Kilgore, Rodriguez and Lumpkin do believe their client is innocent. They fought hard, and with passion. If you go back and listen to Kilgores OS, he got choked up a few times. First I thought it was just ... drama for lack of a better word. But after watching the trial and then watching Hearings, I believe it is genuine belief in every thing they said (that an accident, that what he did was disgusting filth and so forth). I look for some strong word Dec 5. I hope we get to read the Appeal. JMHO

2. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

I don't take what Kilgore says as being what the jury would feel if Ross was cross examined by the State. This jury obviously disagreed with him by voting guilty on all counts.

I stand by my opinion that the jury was influenced by the testimony about unrelated sex crimes, If the defense had Ross testify it would exacerbate that problem for the defense.

JMO

3. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

I know this is word salad but my ex is an attorney & he once told me lawyers will always believe their client isn't guilty, but rarely do they believe their client is innocent.

4. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

Holy crapola, they are good. I didn't even catch that. You can see his justification in that statement. In his mind he really didn't do anything but create the conditions possible for his son to die. No actual "maliciousness" in his mind.

5. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

I can tell you, I believe Ross Harris is and was guilty and the sexting has nothing to do with it.

6. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

That may very well be true. I don't know. My comment was about Ross taking the stand in his defense. I quoted what Kilgore said about his belief that Ross is innocent. The essence of my comment was that if what Kilgore said about everyone who met Ross believed he is innocent - despite the sexting - then why not put him on the stand and let him explain his actions directly? It's like saying everyone in the world - except the jury - would believe Ross was innocent once they met him.

7. smeck

smeck Well-Known Member

Just wanted to repeat what most of you are posting............today was all about a precious little boy who did not deserve to suffer and die. Thank you jurors for Justice for Cooper. I felt that the evidence was there when looked at in total. Correct verdict!

8. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

That kind of made me tear up - I know that feeling of working so hard for a client and ending up with a result that seems unjust and unfair. This is why there is such a high rate of burnout among lawyers - high rates of suicide and substance abuse too. It is a hard job that can really wipe you out.

9. Jewels53

Jewels53 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how RH's attorney feel about his guilt or innocence. The Jury found RH Guilty of all 8 charges. I believe the jury thoroughly looked at all of the evidence not just part of it. imho

10. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

I think that's what he ultimately decided to do. He was at a "breaking point". He was depressed about his job and his marriage to a woman he wasn't sexually attracted to that treated him like a child. His self described sex addiction was escalating. He thought if he could leave this life behind he would step into a new life, new women, no one to answer to or support. No more emasculation or responsibilities.
    He decided to go for it. Life on his own terms. In his mind all he had to do?
    "Just" shut the car door and leave

11. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Very sad tonight.

Lives ruined and so much pain.

12. GA_Peach

GA_Peach Well-Known Member

I agree. The sexting was relevant when I believed that Cooper's death was the result of criminal negligence. As soon as I had the realization that Ross intentionally left Cooper in the car, the sexting didn't matter. As Gitana and others have repeatedly stated, it's the totality of the evidence that cannot be explained away.

13. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

RH's sexting and cheating had absolutely nothing to do with me believing he was guilty of malice murder.

Those texts did nothing for me other than (from his perspective) attempt to establish an alibi for what contributed to his 'forgetting.'

14. GA_Peach

GA_Peach Well-Known Member

Did you see Kilgore's statements to the media after the trial? He looked as if he was getting choked up while talking to the reporters. I am not sure what to make of it all, but I do think that the jury got it right.

15. arkansasmimi

RBBM, it does happen. It is not rare. It happens often enough in GA that May 27, 2014 not even a full month from that date June 18, 2014 when Cooper died. The Gov did the immediate media release of the campaign his office and others had been working on. It is not some trivial matter. It happen, and happens often. Too often.

Just this past Aug a GA father left his 15 month old TWINS in hot car and they died.

Father Indicted in Twins' Hot Car Death
    Asa North is facing second-degree murder charges for leaving the girls in a hot car outside a Carrollton apartment complex.
    By Tim Darnell (Patch Staff) - September 1, 2016 11:38 am ET http://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/father-indicted-twins-hot-car-death
    >>>>>
    Heatstroke Deaths of Children in Vehicles
    by Jan Null, CCM
    Department of Meteorology & Climate Science
    San Jose State University
    Updated October 31, 2016

Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 2016: 39
    Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 2015: 24
    Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 1998-present: 700
    Average number of U.S. child heatstroke fatalities per year since 1998: 37

2016.JPG

16. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

35 children per year on average is considered extremely rare. Even 300 would be considered rare Extremely.

17. arkansasmimi

Thanks, if it came from a secret fb it would be considered by WS rules as rumor. Thanks anyway. I just know MSM doesn't always put everything in all articles. And somethings are taken out of context. I trust you when you say was same though. Thanks again.

18. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

But so far the jurors are saying things about his interview with LE and the trip to the car with the lightbulbs.
    Those are also the things they asked to review in court. They did not ask for transcripts or read backs of sexting testimony.

19. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I needed some good news this week. I always thought this was murder made to look like an accident! Justice for Cooper Harris.

20. arkansasmimi

Well as a Verified Attorney I would say you should ;) kinda goes with the job :thinking:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.