The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Cooper Harris' started by tlcya, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

What a Week this past week has been! :rollercoaster: A Surprising Election to couple verdicts :)
    Have a great rest of the evening everyone! :eek:fftobed:

2. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

I live in one of those states. In fact, over the years mine has had more than any others.

As I said, even one is too many. With that said, it doesn't mean that factually and statistically it's not rare. It IS rare.

3. Moxie Vi

Moxie Vi Member Extraordinaire

These are my thoughts exactly only written much more eloquently than this statistician could compose. Thanks for voicing what I have been trying to since I read LH's reaction to the verdict.

4. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

I don't think the sexting was irrelevant in the sense of inadmissible. However, when I became convinced of RH's guilt, the sexting wasn't even a factor in making that determination.

The sexting was more of an afterthought in my mind: juxtaposing his sexting while he was consciously aware of his son dying in that car. Now that's demented.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

What gets me is Ross’ DT claims he’s not guilty and yet 12 jurors says he is. Our justice system is suppose to work,correct? So 12 jurors, and to me that I sa lot, all agreed he was guilty on all accounts and yet the DT doesn’t agree? What don’t they see that 12 jurors DID see?

(again, typing in Word doc. so words will run together when I paste it here) :(

6. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

And how many were truly accidents, vs intentional while claiming accident?

7. krkrjx

krkrjx The answer is blowin' in the wind.

I feel the same about the importance of it given the verdict. However, at the time the charges were filed it could not be known how the case would go, and if it were to come down to being a case of negligence, the sexting would be very important. I believe the state included it in the evidence because it clearly showed negligence. However, other evidence showed malice.

It sounds to me as if people are saying he would not have been convicted had it not been for the sexting evidence and that it was improper to include it. I think he would have been convicted even if it had not been included but I do believe it was proper to include it.

8. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

Indeed. An angry at the world statement. Her life's been laid bare for all to see via his actions, and even after everything he done to her, she's angry he was found guilty? Doesn't sound like the same woman who didn't want to see him ever again a couple of weeks ago. The parent committing the act is not the problem, but society that blamed him are, has to be the most bizarre thing she could say at this time.

As we were into a new week, the verdict was more than likely going to be today or tomorrow. She could have shown up for one day in support of her little son. Just one day. Instead she chose to stay home and be angry that the man who humiliated and ruined her life was convicted of killing her son. I know there are differing opinions on that, but that's mine. I believe there's an element of fear behind her statement. She was off to me from the beginning, even more so since she took the stand. jmo

It was public at first. She has more than one.

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

RH is the one who strappedhim in the car seat, in great lengths I might add. So, yes, he knew Cooper was in the car whenhe left him. The jurors, IMO got it right.

10. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

I wasn't surprised with the guilty on all counts verdict. I called it last week. Not many here thought that would be the outcome. Many were surprised when the verdicts were announced today.

11. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

This part

"be the wise parent, and accept that this can happen. And you will never have to walk the path that my family has had to walk."

Its really a little bizarre to me. I almost get the same feeling that LE must have felt when the husband cursed at them at the parking lot.

In this part she left out a critical thing. Not just accept that it can happen but do something to help prevent it. Put your purse or wallet or cell phone in front of the car seat where you always have to retrieve it when leaving the car.

Some say she used to make him send photos. Even that is not enough. Especially letting it stop. She needed to begin driving him herself and change jobs or shifts if she has to since she did not trust him. If she was so worried about him leaving him then something is seriously wrong and something needs to change.

They admitted to knowing the danger and yet they didnt do anything to stop it on that particualr day.

12. RANCH

Yes, he knew Cooper was in the car when he strapped him in the car seat.

In my opinion the jurors got some things right but not everything. It doesn't matter much because RH deserved to be punished.

The State was able to convince the jury to convict on all charges so he will be punished severely.

13. tbum

tbum Well-Known Member

I think that he did. And based on the verdict, the jury did as well. I just never bought the story that Ross forgot that Cooper was in the car in the short time between walking out the door at CFA, to buckling him into his car seat, to making the decision to drive to work instead of daycare. JMO

14. FinallyRegistered

FinallyRegistered Active Member

(please feel free to scroll and roll)
    Thank you for this post, dizzy. I believe it was you that had brought up the testosterone a few weeks ago and at the time there wasn't much discussion about it, but it's been on my mind a lot. Prescription drugs have real side effects and I've seen some times very innocuous prescription drugs (Chantex) lead to murder. They can destroy lives and I had hoped that some more testimony had been brought up about the "escalation" and the possible reasons behind it.
    (Please feel free to scroll and roll)

15. RANCH

All that matters is that the jury found RH guilty. My opinion doesn't matter much at this point but I was never sure one way or another.

16. tbum

tbum Well-Known Member

Totally agree Ranch.

17. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

a guy in Dallas quit smoking, he was taking Chantix. So his firends take him to get drunk to celebrate. When he got home he went up to what he thought was the door to his house, it really was his next door neighbors house. At 3 am he starts banging and screaming like drunks do and the neighbor called 911, they said "we are getting broke into the guy wont go away,he is scaring us, im gonna have to shoot"" so he shot at about 6 feet and it hit the guy right in his forehead. he was over 6 feet tall. Chantix didnt report the side effect if you drink while on the drug. His fiance filed suit, I have no idea what the outcome was. The neighbor felt so bad and he was not charged as this is Texas, Castle Doctrine. sad case the 911 and shooting was all recorded, I heard the shot, the screaming so they have good proof.

18. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

bit o/t

Peach Do you, or anyone else from Georgia, know if it's usual practice for one just convicted to be driven from court in a private car?

19. Moxie Vi

Moxie Vi Member Extraordinaire

Two tangential O/T thoughts for the night:

1) One of my favorite trial moments was when Timothy McVeigh's lawyer started his opening for the death penalty sentencing phase by saying: "Now that we ALL know that he's guilty..." Talk about a shocked court room.

2) My favorite part of Judge Staley is her name. My dog is named Staley.

Have a good night everyone! I thought a verdict would bring some peace to the thread but I see there are still many angles to debate. Healthy debate is good and if a man is at risk of losing his liberty for most of his remaining time I'm OK with any necessary checks and balances being done. Nothing will bring Cooper back and I don't see Ross walking free anytime soon, rightfully so.

20. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

thank you for the thank you LOL yes it was me cause when I heard he was taking this drug a light went off in my head. I just wonder if this guy liked the well known side effect of taking testosterone. He was enjoying the effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.