The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched a trial where the jury told the court how deliberations would go? I thought that was odd, but I don't often watch the entire trial in cases

Has anyone watched a trial where the jury told the court how deliberations would go? I thought that was odd, but I don't often watch the entire trial in cases

I've never seen anything like it but that's just me

I'll respect the jury's decision whatever it is - unless it's something that makes no sense whatsoever (like finding him guilty of felony murder while finding him not guilty of the underlying felonies).

For the most part, I trust juries to get it right and most of the time they do IMO

Nope, my post was in regards to blaming the young minor children. Forcing them to share responsibility for RH being a pervert = being a RH apologist. There is plenty of proof beyond *ANY* doubt that he did commit crimes against those children but for some reason it is perfectly acceptable for people to blame the girls in order to unabashedly defend RH no matter what. That is being a RH apologist.
Respectfully, If your speaking of my posts, then I encourage you to go back an re read all of them for context. I have never defended RH as what he did was ok. But I am not sorry for saying that what the young ladies did was ok either. I stand by my post and opinion on that. What they did was not ok, was not legal and hopefully they learned from it and did not continue down that path. They were teens, and old enough to know what they were doing. As I stated prior, they are not on trial here. But they knew right from wrong and were doing what they were doing prior to RH coming along. Personally I am thankful they are alive to worry about it. Does it not concern you that a 15 year old sent photo of her vagina within 21 minutes of someone asking for it? Are you serious? JMHO these are 2 diff issues for me.

As H4M said :peace:

Random side question: does anyone know anything about whiskey? I found a 33 year old, unopened bottle of Jim Beam in the back of my grandpa's pantry when I cleaned out his house this weekend. I wrapped it very well and brought it home in my luggage, but I wonder if it is still good. Anyone know?

I also found a 38 year old bottle of wine that is numbered as one of a limited number of "estate bottled" wines. But the cork has disintegrated a bit it looks like. I brought that home too.

I may be totally wrong, and I hope we eventually hear from a juror or two...

....but I get the feeling that the very experienced 'foreperson' has control of the jury, hence the detailed break schedule, and telling everyone where to sit. And I think she is influential and intelligent.

However, I do think there is some division and internal conflict as well. So I worry about them being able to reach a verdict on all the charges.

I may be totally wrong, and I hope we eventually hear from a juror or two...

....but I get the feeling that the very experienced 'foreperson' has control of the jury, hence the detailed break schedule, and telling everyone where to sit. And I think she is influential and intelligent.

However, I do think there is some division and internal conflict as well. So I worry about them being able to reach a verdict on all the charges.

I hope to goodness this is not a hung jury.

I don't think it will be.

I've never seen anything like it but that's just me
Me either, but I think they put out a pretty basic schedule like you get at work: Morning break, Lunch, Afternoon break.

It's not lost on me that after having their lives dictated by trial for these past weeks, they are taking control of their own schedule in a basic approach. I can imagine, some of them have children and families to take care of at the end of the day.

I can't imagine what it's like to be forced to see some of the most gruesome facts, yet have to go home and fix dinner, help with schoolwork, do laundry, etc. Go on with life, with these thing roiling around in their stomach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think whenever it drops to victim blaming it is making excuses for the killer. jmo

Nope, my post was in regards to blaming the young minor children. Forcing them to share responsibility for RH being a pervert = being a RH apologist. There is plenty of proof beyond *ANY* doubt that he did commit crimes against those children but for some reason it is perfectly acceptable for people to blame the girls in order to unabashedly defend RH no matter what. That is being a RH apologist.

I really don't care what conclusion any poster reaches about Ross's guilt or innonence. In fact I love listening to all viewpoints and appreciate hearing how others interpret the evidence.

I certainly wouldn't classify any person who disagrees with me as a JRH supporter or apologist. However, I am extremely rattled by the numerous posters who have placed (at least part of) the blame on the MINOR victims of Ross's sex crimes.

I admit that I cannot comprehend the normalizing of Ross's sex crimes. The victims have been described as willing partcipants. I really need to leave this thread.

I am sorry, but that is just out of control. A teen is on a family vacation, and this asks her for a BJ? He is lucky he wasn't killed outright by an angry father.

How could he get a *advertiser censored* from her on the 18th if she was at Hilton Head with her family?

Nobody is making excuses for the prosecution but the "pro-accident posters" blame LE, Stoddard in particular, with more passion than they assign ANY responsibility to RH. Accident or not, RH is responsible, but that fact seems so far lost on some posters. With the happiness and zeal in which Stoddard has been put on trial by that side, you'd think HE was the one who locked Cooper Harris in the car to die.

No happiness and zeal here. He was the Lead Detective. There was many mistakes done that he should have caught. Many the State should have caught. Some pause to credibility. JMHO.
Guess time to take a mods advise and scroll and roll. :peace:

[video=twitter;798211324245319680]https://twitter.com/VinniePolitan/status/798211324245319680[/video]

Respectfully, If your speaking of my posts, then I encourage you to go back an re read all of them for context. I have never defended RH as what he did was ok. But I am not sorry for saying that what the young ladies did was ok either. I stand by my post and opinion on that. What they did was not ok, was not legal and hopefully they learned from it and did not continue down that path. They were teens, and old enough to know what they were doing. As I stated prior, they are not on trial here. But they knew right from wrong and were doing what they were doing prior to RH coming along. Personally I am thankful they are alive to worry about it. Does it not concern you that a 15 year old sent photo of her vagina within 21 minutes of someone asking for it? Are you serious? JMHO these are 2 diff issues for me.

As H4M said [emoji14]eace:
If you are assigning guilt or responsibility, it does sound like they are "on trial".

There is a reason we have laws to protect certain age groups in our society. We realize their frontal lobe is not fully developed and that they are more prone to being preyed upon. If there weren't people like RH in society, we would have no need to have laws in place to protect minors.

It's like blaming a rape victim because they were wearing something provicative.

I made questionable choices as as teenager that I certainly wouldn't make as an adult. Teenagers ARE responsible for their actions to a major degree, but the reasons we have these types of laws is because our lawmakers and courts RECOGNIZE that there are certain behaviors that minors are vulnerable to.

When you can't argue the law...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

How could he get a *advertiser censored* from her on the 18th if she was at Hilton Head with her family?

I think you are missing my point. It is not about the scheduling conflicts. It was about the sheer 'wantoness' of his asking a teen, on a family vacation, if he can get a BJ from her. That is sick and twisted behavior.

As H4M said :peace:

It DOES concern me that she did that... but I wonder WHY she did it? What is going on in her life that makes her feel like attention from a man is so important? Girls who do this are the ones that guys like RH somehow manage to find. Its not coincidental... They are looking for someone to give them attention, make them feel wanted and special, and guys like RH are looking for girls who are seeking that out. We all need to feel wanted and loved and special (I'm flashing back to developmental psychology classes and Maslow's hierarchy of needs or Eric Ericsson's theories, but can't remember what specifically discussed this sort of thing).

Regardless. My thought is these girls are vulnerable to being found by perverts like RH because they aren't getting those needs filled at home so they go looking elsewhere. Perhaps they are being exploited in other ways and they DON'T know it is wrong. How do we know what their thought process is? Can you imagine any of your grandkids doing this? Probably not because they are loved, cared for, made to feel important and special, and don't need to go seeking attention from perverted men to make them feel good about themselves. I have no idea of the ages of your grands so please take this as just an example of how I think kids in your family are cared for based on what you've posted here. I cannot imagine kids in your family feel anything but highly valued, loved and respected. But not all kids are made to feel that way and the ones that aren't are more vulnerable to finding people like RH. I can't blame the kids for that. We all have the innate desire to feel that way. I would feel like I failed my child horribly on the most basic of her needs if she ever felt compelled to do this sort of thing.

I really don't care what conclusion any poster reaches about Ross's guilt or innonence. In fact I love listening to all viewpoints and appreciate hearing how others interpret the evidence.

I certainly wouldn't classify a person who disagrees with me as a JRH supporter or apologist. However, I am extremely rattled by the numerous posters who have placed (at least part of) the blame on the MINOR victims of Ross's sex crimes.
BBM

Agree. And THAT is exactly why we have laws about the age of consent (the age at which a person is considered to be legally competent to consent to sexual acts). Sure, they understand right from wrong at some level; but they do not fully comprehend the deep and serious consequences. This isn't really debatable as the medical-legal minds have already debated and decided it. Blaming the victim is reprehensible, imo.

From the little I know about jury trials, the judge works out their deliberation schedule with them. I think this is a reporting issue. I don't think the jury came rolling into court imperiously making demands. They were probably asked and stated they wanted the same schedule.

I think you are missing my point. It is not about the scheduling conflicts. It was about the sheer 'wantoness' of his asking a teen, on a family vacation, if he can get a BJ from her. That is sick and twisted behavior.

Maybe he didn't know she was on vacation or was trying to set something up for when she returned. So gross.

I was questioning whether or not that sentence was just poorly worded, as in, the minor who RH had asked some time prior for a BJ was on vacation with family on June 18.

I guess I don't think where the minor was or who she was with makes RH's preying on her any more or less outrageous. Unless she sexted with him on the 18th, told him she was with her parents at the beach, and he proceed to ask her for a BJ at some point in the future.

Yah. That would be be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member