The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I will say I do not think she was involved but I do think she thought RH was capable of this murder. She had him send her a photo each day he took Cooper to school....proving Cooper made it to school. What ever caused those photos to stop being sent, we will never know but I bet it was a heated discussion between the two. RH had to get those pictures stopped so he could do the deed. LH probably finally caved in to RH whinning or demands and said fine, Nothing happened up until now maybe RH changed...well he did not. I will say this, I do not think LH is grieving like most parents would, nor acting like most parents would which does leave one wondering.

I thought he took the photos everyday at daycare to post to facebook---was he taking the photos to prove to Leanna he didn't forget Cooper??

If she felt it was a real possibility, why the heck didn't she call to verify his arrival? Or was her message "did you make it to work okay" the minimum she would accept in lieu of a picture of Cooper at daycare?

I stated I thought he was guilty. I would love to know about all of the evidence the state had that wasn't allowed. Wishing Cooper happiness up above - so not fair what you endured in your last moments :(

I'm trying to understand why LE (Stoddard) still believes that Leanne conspired with Ross to kill Cooper when there's no evidence to support it.

Acting "strange" is not much to go with. JMO

But then, we're not privy to any evidence they may have.

So where did Leanna post that on Facebook? Her personal FB post are not public. So she either posted it somewhere else, or she has a mole in her friends list. JMHO
Full context:

The ex-wife of the man accused in the hot car death of his young son spoke out on Facebook after his conviction on Monday.
A jury found Ross Harris guilty on all eight charges, including malice murder and felony murder, in the death of Cooper Harris. The 22-month-old was found dead in the back of his father's SUV in June 2014.

Harris' ex-wife, Leanna Taylor, reacted to the conviction on Facebook.

"For those of you who want to know if I am ok. The answer is no. I have not been "ok" since the moment I was told my son was dead. I have not been "ok" since the moment my life was put on this path that has led to Ross being found guilty of maliciously murdering our child. So now you may be saying "justice has been served." And you are allowed your right to that opinion. But guess what, you can convict every parent that this has ever happened to, and I can promise you 2 things...#1 it will never bring our children back and #2 it will not prevent this from happening in the future. Next summer, as this begins to happen over and over again, ask yourself, "what can be done?!" The problem is not the parent! The problem is a society that refuses to believe this can happen to them! Wake up! Accept it! And by accepting it you will be protecting your child! I don't care what your opinion is in my situation. I don't care what your opinion is of me! It does not matter! Your opinion will never bring back my son. So called "justice" will never bring back my son. Nothing will ever take that pain away. And nothing will ever feel worse than living with the knowledge that his pain and his death could have been prevented. Be the wise parent, and accept that this can happen. And you will never have to walk the path that my family has had to walk. And I pray YOU never have to walk this path."
http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/loca...of-you-who-want-to-know-if-i-am-ok/351894496#

Does anyone have the video or stills of RH with the bag of bulbs at the car?

Rest in peace little man.

52736d83546138e5a659d1b55581a547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. I must say I am surprised that the jury was in relative agreement so early on. The only thing I can think of is that the totality of circumstances was such that there was not reasonable doubt it was an accident, as others have noted. I don't feel any jubilation, just sadness for sweet little Cooper. May he rest in peace.

But then, we're not privy to any evidence they may have.

I hope the LE would arrest and prosecute someone for murder if they had evidence supporting that.

All we got from Stoddard was that he didn't have evidence showing probable cause to arrest Leanne. That translates to me that he had zero evidence.

If there was a plausible motive for Leanne to conspire with Ross to kill Cooper, I could consider a scenario where she was involved but LE couldn't find enough evidence to arrest her. JMO

Kilgore video to Media... http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635
GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. - Ross Harris’ lead defense attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said despite the jury’s verdict, he knows his client is not guilty and plans to file an appeal.

Kilgore was extremely emotional as he spoke to reporters outside the courthouse Monday evening.

“When an innocent person is convicted, there’s been some breakdowns in the system, and that’s what happened here,” Kilgore said. “Over the next couple of months and years we’re gonna work towards getting to the bottom of some of those breakdowns. Obviously, we’re gonna be filing the necessary paperwork for a motion for a new trial and appeal.”

Kilgore said he’s never once believed his client was guilty.

“On a more personal level, I’ll tell you that from the moment we met Ross Harris, we’ve never once, ever, once wavered in our absolute belief that he’s not guilty of what he’s just been convicted of,” he said.

Kilgore says over the course of the case, every person he’s taken to speak with Harris believes the same thing.

“Each time I take a new person over to the jail, a new lawyer, an investigator, we walk out of the jail and inevitably they turn their head to me and say, ‘My God, he’s really not guilty,’ because he’s not,” Kilgore said.

He said after the verdict was read, Harris, who didn’t show much emotion in the courtroom, told them he could finally begin to grieve his son’s death.

“Ross didn’t say a word. Not one word about what happened in that courtroom. Instead, he recognized that now he can begin the grieving process that he’s not been able to go through the last two-plus years. And he talked about Cooper -- how much he misses him, how much he’s missed him since June 18, 2014, how much he’ll continue to miss him,” Kilgore said. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635

Honestly there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Honestly, her post doesn't make sense to me. I get that she's angry that Ross was convicted but her tirade about accepting that it can happen to any parent will protect your child leaves me scratching my head. She and Ross were aware that it can happen to anyone; the problem was that neither of them did anything to prevent it.

Once again she's chosen to angrily shake her fist at "society" just like when she complained about the media way back. Yet she gives her ex-husband a pass. I do understand that she's furious but I'm not sure that her anger is about losing her son as much as it is about losing Ross. JMO.

On the Facebook post:

She could have made that comment public then changed her mind - who knows. I don't do Facebook anymore, but nothing on the internet is private. If she didn't want it shared it's out of her hands once she posts it for her "friends". The only way to keep it private is to not post it at all or actually know who your friends are.

And actually it doesn't say anywhere it was from her personal page. She could have posted that anywhere. She does start out by saying "for those of you that want to know if I'm ok". That could be talking to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again I will say I do not think she was involved but I do think she thought RH was capable of this murder. She had him send her a photo each day he took Cooper to school....proving Cooper made it to school. What ever caused those photos to stop being sent, we will never know but I bet it was a heated discussion between the two. RH had to get those pictures stopped so he could do the deed. LH probably finally caved in to RH whinning or demands and said fine, Nothing happened up until now maybe RH changed...well he did not. I will say this, I do not think LH is grieving like most parents would, nor acting like most parents would which does leave one wondering.

I thought he took the photos everyday at daycare to post to facebook---was he taking the photos to prove to Leanna he didn't forget Cooper??

If she felt it was a real possibility, why the heck didn't she call to verify his arrival? Or was her message "did you make it to work okay" the minimum she would accept in lieu of a picture of Cooper at daycare?

No, this is not how it happened and it was fully addressed in testimony.

So where did Leanna post that on Facebook? Her personal FB post are not public. So she either posted it somewhere else, or she has a mole in her friends list. JMHO
Full context:

The ex-wife of the man accused in the hot car death of his young son spoke out on Facebook after his conviction on Monday.
A jury found Ross Harris guilty on all eight charges, including malice murder and felony murder, in the death of Cooper Harris. The 22-month-old was found dead in the back of his father's SUV in June 2014.

"For those of you who want to know if I am ok. The answer is no. I have not been "ok" since the moment I was told my son was dead. I have not been "ok" since the moment my life was put on this path that has led to Ross being found guilty of maliciously murdering our child. So now you may be saying "justice has been served." And you are allowed your right to that opinion. But guess what, you can convict every parent that this has ever happened to, and I can promise you 2 things...#1 it will never bring our children back and #2 it will not prevent this from happening in the future. Next summer, as this begins to happen over and over again, ask yourself, "what can be done?!" The problem is not the parent! The problem is a society that refuses to believe this can happen to them! Wake up! Accept it! And by accepting it you will be protecting your child! I don't care what your opinion is in my situation. I don't care what your opinion is of me! It does not matter! Your opinion will never bring back my son. So called "justice" will never bring back my son. Nothing will ever take that pain away. And nothing will ever feel worse than living with the knowledge that his pain and his death could have been prevented. Be the wise parent, and accept that this can happen. And you will never have to walk the path that my family has had to walk. And I pray YOU never have to walk this path."
http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/loca...of-you-who-want-to-know-if-i-am-ok/351894496#
You know she never does state that RH didn't do it......

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Honestly, her post doesn't make sense to me. I get that she's angry that Ross was convicted but her tirade about accepting that it can happen to any parent will protect your child leaves me scratching my head. She and Ross were aware that it can happen to anyone; the problem was that neither of them did anything to prevent it.

Once again she's chosen to angrily shake her fist at "society" just like when she complained about the media way back. Yet she gives her ex-husband a pass. I do understand that she's furious but I'm not sure that her anger is about losing her son as much as it is about losing Ross. JMO.

DING, DING, DING! You're so right, in my opinion
And no blame to be cast, right? Nobody responsible for Cooper's death!
Almost as though this has been a huge inconvenience.

Kilgore video to Media... http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635
GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. - Ross Harris’ lead defense attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said despite the jury’s verdict, he knows his client is not guilty and plans to file an appeal.

Kilgore was extremely emotional as he spoke to reporters outside the courthouse Monday evening.

“When an innocent person is convicted, there’s been some breakdowns in the system, and that’s what happened here,” Kilgore said. “Over the next couple of months and years we’re gonna work towards getting to the bottom of some of those breakdowns. Obviously, we’re gonna be filing the necessary paperwork for a motion for a new trial and appeal.”

Kilgore said he’s never once believed his client was guilty.

“On a more personal level, I’ll tell you that from the moment we met Ross Harris, we’ve never once, ever, once wavered in our absolute belief that he’s not guilty of what he’s just been convicted of,” he said.

Kilgore says over the course of the case, every person he’s taken to speak with Harris believes the same thing.

“Each time I take a new person over to the jail, a new lawyer, an investigator, we walk out of the jail and inevitably they turn their head to me and say, ‘My God, he’s really not guilty,’ because he’s not,” Kilgore said.

He said after the verdict was read, Harris, who didn’t show much emotion in the courtroom, told them he could finally begin to grieve his son’s death.

“Ross didn’t say a word. Not one word about what happened in that courtroom. Instead, he recognized that now he can begin the grieving process that he’s not been able to go through the last two-plus years. And he talked about Cooper -- how much he misses him, how much he’s missed him since June 18, 2014, how much he’ll continue to miss him,” Kilgore said. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635

BBM

If Ross could convince everyone of his innocence, why didn't he take the stand?

Verdict days are always so bittersweet for me. Murder convictions drive home that there is no such thing as justice. Cooper will never be brought back to life, and CD's life will never be the same. They are the victims here.

I am saying prayers for all who have been impacted by this case. I never feel a sense of jubilation, only the somberness of what has occurred.

Full context:

I just saw a screenshot on facebook. Leanna posted it as "public" on her facebook page. She has since deleted it, or changed it to "friends" only since the public can no longer view it.

I stated I thought he was guilty. I would love to know about all of the evidence the state had that wasn't allowed. Wishing Cooper happiness up above - so not fair what you endured in your last moments :(

One item that we are aware of that the jury never leaned about is the life insurance policy held on Cooper's life in the amount of $27,000.

Further, we still do not know the facts behind the FBI file that was sealed. The jury never saw it either.

Also, we are unaware of JRHs statements to Dr Diamond and the other professional with whom JRH made statements to regarding the day's events because the Drs were never called to testify.

Expected no less from Cooper's mother other than what she gave which was simply "The jury got it wrong." She must stick to that theme because the possible implications of JHRs multiple convictions could impact her remaining years. In the least, I would probably vote to convict for failure to prevent felony child abuse, jmho.

BBM

If Ross could convince everyone of his innocence, why didn't he take the stand?

Verdict days are always so bittersweet for me. Murder convictions drive home that there is no such thing as justice. Cooper will never be brought back to life, and CD's life will never be the same. They are the victims here.

I am saying prayers for all who have been impacted by this case.

If he took the stand the prosecution would have had a field day with him about the sexting with minors. No way for him to win over the jury with that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998