The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to add that whether a personality disorder is present or not I maintain my personal opinion of Harris's actions (guilty of malice murder). Just surprised NPD wasn't used as a defense tactic is all.

I think the State, rather than the defense, could have used BPD or NPD as to explain why RH did what he did. The defense would not want to do the same for obvious reasons (RH just forgot).

RH desperately needed Dr. Diamond's testimony and a psychologist specializing in PTSD/Trauma to explain RH's 'unusual' behavior after 'discovering' his dead child, and his demeanor during interrogation. :moo:

The major hurdle the DT will have is the extensive judicial experience of this long time judge. She has been a Cobb County Superior judge and was the chief judge for several years. So I think she knew what judicial latitude she had to support her rulings. I bet she knew what appeals were looming and she knew what the prevailing cases and decisions were that could give her cover. I doubt she made many judicial errors or reversible decisions, even if they seemed biased. If she had some legal foundation former decisions, which I believe she had or she would not have ruled that way, then it will be hard to get a new trial, imo.

JMO :cow:

IMO and in my experience, it is the more veteran judges who are more likely to rule how they want without worrying so much about appeals. The younger judges are more careful, but virtually all judges make errors and get reversed, including Staley.

She has made some rulings that have been controversial (including holding an attorney in contempt and jailing him without a hearing and refusing to give effect to a plea bargain between a young lady and the DA because she wanted the girl to be convicted of a felony and deported). She does not seem too concerned about upsetting the court of appeals.

I think the State, rather than the defense, could have used BPD or NPD as to explain why RH did what he did. The defense would not want to do the same for obvious reasons (RH just forgot).

RH desperately needed Dr. Diamond's testimony and a psychologist specializing in PTSD/Trauma to explain RH's 'unusual' behavior after 'discovering' his dead child, and his demeanor during interrogation. :moo:

Couldn't agree more. Those interrogation tapes while just a piece of a puzzle are one hell of a puzzle piece.

IMO and in my experience, it is the more veteran judges who are more likely to rule how they want without worrying so much about appeals. The younger judges are more careful, but virtually all judges make errors and get reversed, including Staley.

She has made some rulings that have been controversial (including holding an attorney in contempt and jailing him without a hearing and refusing to give effect to a plea bargain between a young lady and the DA because she wanted the girl to be convicted of a felony and deported). She does not seem too concerned about upsetting the court of appeals.

Do you know how many murder cases she's tried? How many of those have been reversed?
TIA

I *think* user Equally Divided (sorry if I don't remember correctly, been reading as fast as I can - so much thread to catch up on since the verdict came in, whew!) brought up the subject of the possibility of RH having Borderline Personality Disorder. I had a close, childhood friend for years with BPD and from both personal experience and research on the subject I don't think he has it. BPD sufferers typically have outward anger issues (i.e. not deep-seated passive-aggressive anger which I believe RH has in spades towards Leanne) and viciously lash out, usually with no rational reason, at loved ones. Verbal and sometimes physical abuse is common with this disorder as their unpredictable mood swings in combination with a distorted perspective make them view others as enemies (and the closer you are to them, the more susceptible you are to being accused of trying to abandon them, lying to them, etc.). I never got the sense that RH was someone with these traits.

Now Narcissistic Personality Disorder I can TOTALLY see. (And my inner-armchair psychiatrist agrees. :winko:)

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...onality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568
Absolutely, I was just grabbing *insert disorder here* to question if the defense explored ANY of these options as part of their defense - and if they did, I would love to know those answers!

I mean, it only stands to reason that they would have conducted tests, and either he's completely normal or has a disorder that would make him hard to defend. If it came back normal, wouldn't you want to present that in court?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Was just listening to the latest installment of the Atlanta Journal Constitution's "Breakdown" podcast (Season 2 is focused on the Harris case). The episode was recorded prior to yesterday's verdict and like all the previous eps, has some interesting observations about the trial. At one point, the host, Bill Rankin, actually mentions his irritation with Boring's overuse of the phrase "and things of that nature". (!)

iTunes link if anyone's interested:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/breakdown/id992983540?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo=4

I haven't followed this case, but if I could ask one quick question--was it normal routine for RH to take Cooper to day care? Or was this day out of the ordinary? TIA

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm SO GLAD he was found guilty!!!!
One angel baby has gotten justice! Thankful!!! Well Done Jury! :clap:
May precious little Cooper rest in peace now. :heartbeat: My prayers are with the extended family and the jurors and prosecution tonight.

I haven't followed this case, but if I could ask one quick question--was it normal routine for RH to take Cooper to day care? Or was this day out of the ordinary? TIA

He typically took him. It was very close to his Home Depot office

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm SO GLAD he was found guilty!!!!
One angel baby has gotten justice! Thankful!!! Well Done Jury! :clap:
May precious little Cooper rest in peace now. :heartbeat: My prayers are with the extended family and the jurors and prosecution tonight.

I can't say it any better than PL. Well done Jury!! :tyou:

Has anyone posted the statement by Leanna's attorney? I am shocked that Cooper has no headstone? (sorry this is so small - I could not copy and adjust size)

zimmerman.jpg

Has anyone posted the statement by Leanna's attorney? I am shocked that Cooper has no headstone? (sorry this is so small - I could not copy and adjust size)

View attachment 104700
So, did she not get the $27,000 life insurance policy?

If so, was it used to pay for RH's defense, instead?

I'm absolutely disgusted. It's not that expensive, I call BS - what in the SAM HILL is wrong with these people #! $@!!!!!!!!!!!

You saw brilliant, I saw sub par. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He should have shocked and awed, instead he fed the state ammunition.

I laughed at the idea of Kilgore being labeled brilliant." I agree with you... he was subpar. I knew they had no defense when they had the realtor testify that RH expressed vague interest in buying a house in a good school district.

Mental Health is a valid topic to discuss given the fact that JRH was convicted of heinous crimes and klling his own little boy named Cooper. Surely, he must be cra cra.

JRH was aware of the difference between right and wrong behaviors. He sought help and reached out to others in their church group b/c LH was going to tell about his sexting habit at her group. He attended and played guitar in the band during church service. LH sat alone?

JRH was not diagnosed as schizophrenic or was he? Schizophrenia is about the only mental disorder, that I am aware of, that might be considered as a valuable mental disorder to consider under these circumstances.

http://www.vitals.com/education/careguides/schizophrenia

Early Warning Signs of Schizophrenia My opinions/comments are in red.
  • Paranoia, suspiciousness, hostility Possible paranoia; researched punishment for engaging in underage sex. Hostile indeed.
  • Inappropriate emotional display with crying or laughing Yes.
  • Lack of expression Seem forced and unnatural.
  • Depression Possibly.
  • Insomnia or sleeping too much Yes.
  • Irrational or inappropriate statements Sexting; addiction to sex.
  • Loss of memory, lack of focus, confusion Possibly.
  • Withdrawal from friends, family and society No. The opposite is true.
  • Lack of personal hygiene Occasionally.
  • Reacting to criticism with hostility What is more hostile than leaving your baby boy in a Hot Car for seven hours?

http://www.vitals.com/#ixzz4Q7rQH5Au

There was no testimony about JRH currently being on prescription medications for ED or any mental health condition. His medical records and Cooper's were subpoenaed by the state early on in the case.

IMHO, JRH suffered from a NPD big time! The image of his selfie taken inside the upscale BuckHead bathroom says all of that and more. Another member suggests this PD and I concur, in particular, since he placed his wants over the responsibility and tender care of Cooper.

It has also been hinted at JRH being a sociopath. Sociopaths adore garnering attention whether it is for doing bad stuff or while being a funny, charming, sharp person. Telling in sext conversation that he had no conscious is meant to shock and it did.

Sociopaths, by their very nature, are social people. They are capable of mimicking others' behavior and reactions since they possess little or no natural empathy or compassion for others.

We could not understand the painful death of Cooper without knowing of JRHs escalating behavior leading up to and on that fateful day in 2014. As presented, an appeal will not be granted.

:moo: JRH could be a complex study of human behavior. Human behavior is what I study in cases. Personalities and what makes each participant do things and say stuff fascinates me. Hence, imhoo, JRH possibly has NPD comorbid with Schizophrenia and Sociopath tendencies.

Court Chatter Live! Ross Harris Trial: Verdict Analysis w/Phil Holloway, Esq.

[video=youtube;Grofi7Qz7sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grofi7Qz7sQ[/video]

If you are interested, it has already started. I just started listening.

Any recommendations for upcoming trials? I'm waiting on Gabe Gaeta (Jenise Wright) and Justin Rector (Bella Grogan-Cannella) but it's not clear if either will be televised like this one.

[video=youtube;7XdAQpq_1Xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdAQpq_1Xw[/video]

Thanks for posting this! Oh my I loved this show years ago and still wish she had chosen Spike....

I used to work for a DP qualified attorney and have watched numerous trials. I typically favor the job of the defense attorney since the prosecution typically has so many things swaying the case in their favor. I think that Kilgore was going strong with what he had until Brewer. At that point something changed and it was noticeable in his body language and his strategy had to have changed, IMO, because they ended on such a weak note.

What surprised me is that I thought that in Openings that Kilgore brought up Diamond and FBS. That's a big thing to tell the jury they will hear and not follow through on. I may be mistaken. I do know that openings are not testimony but if he brought up FBS then I'm sure the jury expected him to address it. I was also surprised that he wasn't better at keeping his body language composed and neutral when strategy unexpectedly changes. If we noticed I'm sure the jury did.

I thought both sides were competent. Until Brewer I thought that Kilgore had the edge.

I don't see people attacking Kilgore here. Offering critiques, yes. Boring made mistakes as well but I've never been as interested in prosecution teams.

I thought he was gonna bust out crying at the verdict, it appeard he took it worse than Ross lol

Oh yes, the kayak case. I was near the scene earlier this month, on a cold and windy day. I definitely thought about them. You're not the only person following that case. I don't know how I feel about her - sometimes I think she is a dingbat who is used to being "cute" and given a pass on anything she might say that doesn't make sense. Other times I think she planned that murder, or at least took advantage of his plight in the water. Yeah, I'll follow that one too. Strange story.

I've been following this as well and I think she is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni