The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
About complaining regularly about being married.

Being earnest here. I have no knowledge of how cheaters go about being cheaters anywhere, much less in a vast online world, though I'm sure opportunities must abound there.

So, what would a cheater say online to hookup for sexting or whatever? I think it's weird he ever told anyone he was married. Why do that? Especially if all contact is only online? But, ok, he does.

What, who is going to believe a man who says he's happily married, but yo, can you please send me a pic of your whatnot?

Am I just too geriatric to understand all this, because otherwise, yah, it makes sense to me a cheating would be telling his potential hookups yah, marriage sucks

Disclaimer: I have never cheated, but I've been drug into the world of cheaters :(

A few years ago several men (also married) that I worked with were interested in engaging in affairs with me. I declined (ironically enough, despite being unhappy in my marriage, for the sake of my children) and those men were very nonchalant about cheating. They were very open and honest about the conditions of their marriage. That's a huge contrast from the examples of people I know who were single and had had affairs with married men.

The men who were pursuing an affair with a married woman compartmentalized the affair and talked about their marriages like as they actually were.

The men who were pursuing single women lied and promised relationships with the women (a divorce will be sought)--and once they got what they wanted, they went back to their wives. Sometimes "what they wanted" consisted of a long-term fling, but nevertheless, they promised divorces and never delivered.

I think the messages between Ross and the married woman would be the most honest because they are in the same "predicament." There is no need for Ross to lie or mislead in order to get what he wants, because they both are in the same circumstances. I would think that Ross would be more likely to lie to women who are single and not in the same circumstance as he is.

Was there a difference in his conversations with people who were single women and those who were married or in long-term committed relationships?

ETA: I am not being rhetorical, I did not listen to the testimony of any of the side chicks prior to Jayne in the court room. I just didn't want to hear the salacious back and forth between Ross and 25 women.

My family owns some property in the Sierra Nevada foothills that we call the "Ranch." We don't have any cattle on it but the neighbors do. I grew up going there and I love going there now. I may head up there this weekend.
2 years ago hubby and I hiked e up mt Whitney in the Sierra Nevada ....we did it as a one day hike...took us 20 straight hours.
Won't do that again :)

Disclaimer: I have never cheated, but I've been drug into the world of cheaters :(

A few years ago several men (also married) that I worked with were interested in engaging in affairs with me. I declined (ironically enough, despite being unhappy in my marriage, for the sake of my children) and those men were very nonchalant about cheating. They were very open and honest about the conditions of their marriage. That's a huge contrast from the examples of people I know who were single and had had affairs with married men.

The men who were pursuing an affair with a married woman compartmentalized the affair and talked about their marriages like as they actually were.

The men who were pursuing single women lied and promised relationships with the women (a divorce will be sought)--and once they got what they wanted, they went back to their wives. Sometimes "what they wanted" consisted of a long-term fling, but nevertheless, they promised divorces and never delivered.

I think the messages between Ross and the married woman would be the most honest because they are in the same "predicament." There is no need for Ross to lie or mislead in order to get what he wants, because they both are in the same circumstances. I would think that Ross would be more likely to lie to women who are single and not in the same circumstance as he is.

Was there a difference in his conversations with people who were single women and those who were married or in long-term committed relationships?

That's quite a work place ya got there.

Do we think there will be a verdict tomorrow?

On Monday, I thought for sure that we would have a verdict before this weekend, but I am doubtful at the moment. The jury has spent a lot of time looking at evidence, but it doesn't seem that they have dedicated much time to deliberating. Since this case is largely circumstantial, I anticipate many heated discussions before a decision is reached. The only thing that points to an afternoon verdict tomorrow is that I have a meeting and will be unable to connect to the internet. That means the likelihood of a a decision after 3:00 is extremely high!

That's quite a work place ya got there.

LOL, it was the school I interned in. The one middle school in the entire world were the proportion of male teachers to female teachers was skewed in favor of men. Wild, younger men too. Needless to say, after getting a paid position for my first year of teaching, my husband made me transfer to a different district.

On Monday, I thought for sure that we would have a verdict before this weekend, but I am doubtful at the moment. The jury has spent a lot of time looking at evidence, but it doesn't seem that they have dedicated much time to deliberating. Since this case is largely circumstantial, I anticipate many heated discussions before a decision is reached. The only thing that points to an afternoon verdict tomorrow is that I have a meeting and will be unable to connect to the internet. That means the likelihood of a a decision after 3:00 is extremely high!

I am leaning to tomorrow--but only because Friday is a holiday and they are probably not looking forward to coming back after a 3-day weekend.

Not unless they are stuck...they are barely deliberating I can't imagine they get it done by tomorrow...but I really hope so...

Yep, tomorrow at 3:00 sounds about right. Murphy's law, ya know.

I will look for where I saw they offered her a disc and she turned it down stating she had no computer to download them to.

I definitely recall hearing that she was offered a disk of pictures and that she turned them down for that reason. It's kind of curious that a grieving parent would turn down any photos of their dead baby, regardless of how they are presented. Also curious is that a flash drive would be acceptable but a disk would not be because she didn't have a computer to use. The same issue applies to both methods of data storage.

ETA I'm behind and catching up; sorry if this is redundant!

ETA: I am not being rhetorical, I did not listen to the testimony of any of the side chicks prior to Jayne in the court room. I just didn't want to hear the salacious back and forth between Ross and 25 women.

Can't help you there, because I didn't listen closely to any of them other than Msm Meadows. Thanks for the (hard earned ) insight into the cheating world. I guess I lucked out, because I have never had any reason to doubt my DH's faithfulness to me, or his fundamental decency and integrity. :)

I never realized that TexMex was a 'he', I have been drooling over his meals since the Jodi Arias Trial. In fact, I think I invited myself to dinner a few times.

Used to live at College Station, TX.

sorry to be O/T.

LOL, it was the school I interned in. The one middle school in the entire world were the proportion of male teachers to female teachers was skewed in favor of men. Wild, younger men too. Needless to say, after getting a paid position for my first year of teaching, my husband made me transfer to a different district.

Lol.

Good night y'all. Thank you for making the day end on a much lighter note than when it began. :)

Tex must have fallen asleep over his keyboard. I'm picturing a half empty glass of beer nearby, and a perfectly clean plate that once was heaped with some of his delectable BBQ, or perhaps chicken fried steak and gravy. ;)

I was reading a book to my grandson. I picked him up from school and took him to the aquarium today. He told me a joke....Pa, what side of a fish has the most scales?

Idk..

The OUTSIDE...he thought it was hilarious

But no...never cheated. 30 years.
I had a chance to work in a large animal practice out by the ranch when I got out of school. Very small town. I knew lots of the people and in talking with some I kept hearing the older vet was having an affair on his wife. Seems many afternoons his truck was spotted parked down a dirt road with he and his lady friend carrying on I really wanted this job but I finally decided if he'd cheat on his wife he'd cheat anybody, including me as an associate. I don't believe in compartmentalization. I think you have a good character, or you don't.

Can't help you there, because I didn't listen closely to any of them other than Msm Meadows. Thanks for the (hard earned ) insight into the cheating world. I guess I lucked out, because I have never had any reason to doubt my DH's faithfulness to me, or his fundamental decency and integrity. :)

As one that has been cheated on, it is devastating in more ways than one. Glad you never had to walk down that path.

I never realized that TexMex was a 'he', I have been drooling over his meals since the Jodi Arias Trial. In fact, I think I invited myself to dinner a few times.

sorry to be O/T.

Dang...leaving just as you pop in. :). Yep, Tex is a Mister. And from all appearances, one heck of a cook. He always leaves behind legions of droolers after he posts his food pics...

sorry to be O/T.

I'm going to CS with my youngest son to the game Saturday. Going to Midnight Yell too. WHOOP

I definitely recall hearing that she was offered a disk of pictures and that she turned them down for that reason. It's kind of curious that a grieving parent would turn down any photos of their dead baby, regardless of how they are presented. Also curious is that a flash drive would be acceptable but a disk would not be because she didn't have a computer to use. The same issue applies to both methods of data storage.

ETA I'm behind and catching up; sorry if this is redundant!
I know I read it. I found on redirect where stoddard says they copied as many off the computer that they could and gave to her before the funeral. I'll look tomorrow...I'm too tired. Us east coasters had to stay up late to watch results for you west coasters

I was reading a book to my grandson. I picked him up from school and took him to the aquarium today. He told me a joke....Pa, what side of a fish has the most scales?

Idk..

The OUTSIDE...he thought it was hilarious

But no...never cheated. 30 years.
I had a chance to work in a large animal practice out by the ranch when I got out of school. Very small town. I knew lots of the people and in talking with some I kept hearing the older vet was having an affair on his wife. Seems many afternoons his truck was spotted parked down a dirt road with he and his lady friend carrying on I really wanted this job but I finally decided if he'd cheat on his wife he'd cheat anybody, including me as an associate. I don't believe in compartmentalization. I think you have a good character, or you don't.

Night , Mister. Hearing about you and your grandson always warms my heart . I'm so glad for both of you that you have each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie