The Significance of 'BABYLON'

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by Seaslug44, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

I have been researching a possible significance of the use of the Town of Babylon as the SK's dumping grounds. What I've discovered may come as a bit of a shocker.

For starters, I'd like to start by pointing out that with the exception of the remains found in near Jones Beach on April 11, 2011 (see this map; Dates & Locations of Victims Remains, all of the victims' remains were placed by the Serial Killer within the borders of the Town of Babylon on the Bay side of Ocean Parkway overlooking Babylon Village & West Babylon on the mainland. I grew up in the village of Lindenhurst (which is also within the borders of the Town of Babylon).

All the years I lived there I never once realized the significance of the name 'Babylon'. Then the other day while trying to research Truthspider's angle on putting a name behind the victim with the scars on her legs I stumbled upon a goldmine of startling information. I never knew that ancient Babylon is known for the rape, ridicule, and mistreatment of women! There are an abundance of websites on the internet that describe this historic significance (with several variations depending upon the cultural source).

This website seems to summarize the general consensus on why ancient Babylon is considered taboo; The Rape of the Babylonian Women

I then discovered that there are significant Biblical references to a New Babylon in the Book of Revelations!

A little further searching and it was obvious to me that there exists an overwhelming population of radical thinkers out there with extreme point of views. They are convinced that the 'New Babylon' as quoted in the Book of Revelations represents the United States or possibly New York City.

Here is a perfect example of someone's thesis on the subject;
    Babylon: an investigation of the prophetic significance & the implications of this New York town positioned at the gateway to America/

This paper is a sick read. Not rated "R" sick but simply sick in the sense that it's the kind of anti-America literature that assists in justifying to terrorist groups the concept that it is God's wish that we all be punished for our existence. The chapters to this paper say it all;

Basically this paper was written by someone who has an agenda to prove that NYC is indeed the New Babylon. Anyone who is a local who reads this paper will quickly see that it contains twisted inaccurate statements (presented to the reader as facts) that help support the author's radical theory that there are some sort of Biblical similarities between the Town of Babylon and the New Babylon mentioned in the Bible. I will try to post a copy of the entire paper (if it fits) in a moment.

As incredibly disturbing as it is, the one paragraph that caught my eye and that I found to be most significant to our investigation is the author's directions to the Town of Babylon. Now if you look at the map of the Babylon Township you can clearly see that if you were going to give someone directions to the town you'd probably give them the directions to either the Westernmost border (someplace in Amityville), to Babylon Town Hall (located on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst) or possibly to Babylon Village near the Babylon Train station (because on many maps, Babylon Village is simply identified as "Babylon"). Those of you who are not locals, I'd like you to do a little experiment with Mapquest, Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, or any other mapping website, software or GPS and you tell us if when you choose directions from New Jersey to Babylon, do you ever come up with any final destination on Ocean Parkway????

The reason why I ask this is that posted in this thesis, the author's directions to the Town of Babylon from New Jersey are taken from the East End Volleyball League's website's directions to Cedar Beach which are basically the EXACT DIRECTIONS to within a few hundred feet of where the GB4 and four other victims remains were found!!!!

There is some considerable substance to the 'Babylon' connection to this case. I have so much more that I am investigating that I will be sharing in the near future. For the sake of keeping this post to less than a novel, I will post more under future posts.

2. Loading...

3. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Hope this fits! Here are the first parts of the radical article that attempts to link the Town of Babylon with the Babylon which is mentioned in the Book of Revelations. The thesis can be found here; Babylon: an investigation of the prophetic significance & the implications of this New York town positioned at the gateway to America

4. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Here is the rest of it...

5. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Burlap is mentioned in the Bible. It is often described as "SackCloth".

-Isaiah 22

-Explain Sackcloth And Ashes

-Bible Verses about Prostitutes

Before I write this next statement, let me go on record and state that I do not have a single prejudice bone in my body. I am completely neutral and do not judge anyone based upon their sexual orientation, race or religion. With that being said, I will not let the threat of appearing to be prejudice stand in my way of posting the results of my investigations. Wherever the clues lead me, I will follow and report. Therefore, I am not singling out any group of people or making any prejudice accusations!

Whew!! Glad I got that off my chest. So here it is;

There is clearly a significant ISLAMIC twist on the use of Sackcloth (Burlap) as demonstrated by this quote;

-Disgrace Of The Disbelievers

6. goathairjones

goathairjones New Member

Seaslug,

You raise some valid points here. And the mention of Robert Moses got me thinking. Hemlock Cove used to be the Gilgo Inlet before Robert Moses had it filled in to build the Ocean Parkway. I wonder if the placement of the 4 bodies where the old inlet was has any significance.

7. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Extremely valid point that I agree with 100%. This author (as well as many other Muslims with radical views about America) seem to have all been taught the same inaccurate information about Babylon. Someone went to great extremes to make it appear highly likely that there is a direct link between the Town of Babylon and the Babylon mentioned in the section of the Bible that describes doomsday.

For instance, someone taught them that all of the ships that sail into New York harbor must first travel North in a shipping lane towards the Town of Babylon, through a North/South inlet directly to the shore of Babylon within "Babylon Harbor" before making a sharp turn towards the West to the city. And they were told that on the way past Babylon the passengers of ships can clearly read the name "BABYLON" on the town's water tower.

For those of you who are not locals, let me explain how flawed this teaching is. For starters, there are three specific shipping lanes leading towards Ambrose Channel (the Channel that enters into New York Harbor). This is a good illustration of the three lanes;

[​IMG]

From the South along the coast there is the Barnegat-Ambrose Approach (BA).

From the South East is the Hudson-Ambrose Approach (HA)

From the North East is the Nantucket-Ambrose Approach (NA).

As you can see, the only approach of these three that comes anywhere near Babylon (or the coast of Long Island) is the Nantucket-Ambrose Approach (NA). And just so you know (and any offshore fishermen here can tell you), the "NA Buoy" that marks this approach is ten miles offshore. At no point do any of the ships ever come within view of the coastline at a distance that would put them close enough to read the side of a water tower! This would be completely dangerous (as well as impossible since the water depth is too shallow for any ships to come that close). However, according to what these radicals were taught, all ships (at least in the old days) travelled straight north (through what was once Gilgo inlet where all of the bodies were found) towards the mainland to Babylon (by the way, there is no such thing as a "Babylon Harbor" either!!!).

This concept, however impossible as it is in reality, is being preached to these Islamic Radicals all over the internet (and most likely in hard print and verbally). Here is another example of the incorrect preaching;

-Babylon, New York Above Top Secret Info

-Time of The End Prophecy Habakkuk

-America- Daughter of Babylon (and why she will be destroyed)

Just so you all know, there never was a "Welcome to Babylon" sign on any water tower. Most of the time the water tower being pictured and referred to is actually the JONES BEACH water tower (that isn't even in Suffolk county, nevermind in the town of Babylon). There is a water tower (needle) on Robert Moses State Park (but that also never would say "welcome to Babylon" because it's not under the jurisdiction of the town of Babylon limits (it's a State Park/National Seashore). There certainly is not a "Welcome to Babylon" banner or sign anywhere near the entrance to New York harbor (since this is half New Jersey coast and half New York City coast". Yet despite these truths, there are many hostile verbal/written arguments against anyone who challenges this propaganda to be false!!!!

This is some real serious anti-American preaching.

8. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

This is very interesting;

9. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

The idea that New York or the USA is the "Babylon The Great" mentioned in the bible may have ties to this 1937 short story by Stephen Vincent Benét that was first published in the Saturday Evening Post;

http://www.tkinter.smig.net/outings/rosemountghosts/babylon.htm

It does not contain the anti-American radical views like the other papers. It is more of a warning to man-kind that the development of arms and the destructive power of war will eventually lead towards the destruction of one of the greatest cities in the world.

Nevertheless, I find it enchanting that even this author has chosen the name Babylon.

10. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

I apologize in advance for not posting this information in any organized fashion.

Here is reference to the common practice of strangling women in ancient Babylon when Darius I (King of Prussia) lead Prussia in a siege of ancient Babylon;

-Darius, Zopyrus, and Babylon

11. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

"Serial Killer" reference to Babylon the Great prophecy;

-Solving the mystery of Babylon The Great

Her common name is "THE WHORE OF BABYLON". There are thousands of websites describing her as the Whore of Babylon. This is significant because we know that when our SK phoned MB's sister, it was emphasized that he specifically referred to MB as a "WHORE" (Source: Family taunted from victim's phone.

12. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

If there was any doubt that the chosen profession of our victims (prostitution) isn't a target of the Anti-American radical religious extremists, here lies an example of how they feel about it;

-From Babylon The Great which can be read here.

13. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Time to go to bed. I will leave off with this final find; there actually is a Whores of Babylon Website!

Someone is going through so great lengths to send a message to the world. Look at this website and how it is full of hatred towards prostitutes and all sorts of religious references, articles about serial killers who target prostitutes (their heroes) and so much more!

14. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

15. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

The investigation clearly has me exploring the possibility of sex trafficking ring bring run by Muslims here on the East Coast.

If you explore Megan Waterman's missing person story you will discover that both her family as well as experts who were hired to assist with her investigation are convinced that her story is a case of a sex trafficking ring preying on young desperate naive girls. Her so called "boyfriend-pimp" (who is now in jail for drug dealing charges) has a history of arrests for violence towards women. And (surprise) his name is Akeem Cruz. Akeem is clearly a name only taken by Muslims.

It's been questioned by some people why a sex trafficking ring would bother with dismemberment of their victims. Well the answer normally is "NO" (because most crime organizations would not go through the trouble). However, there is one circumstance when the answer is actually "YES". That is when the crime organization follows radical Muslim beliefs.

-One of hundred of sources is found here: Mujahideen Desecration: Beheadings, Mutilation & Muslim Iconoclasm

It's been theorized that our Serial Killer most likely has some military training/experience. I agree 100% with this theory. However, American troops are not experienced in decapitating, skinning, or any other form of mutilation of human bodies (our soldiers are more turned-on by blowing people/things up, rapid fire of automatic weapons or the precision of a sniper ambush). As clearing documented in the paper linked above, Muslim Extremists are obviously deeply interested in using knives to behead and mutilate their victims (just look at that detailed lists of recent b headings & mutilations).

The practice of beheading is not just limited to Muslim Extremists. Many Governments of countries whose populations are primary Muslim also practice this tradition. Once again,there are hundreds of recent accounts to prove this. However, this one seems to me to be extremely significant given that the a large majority of Muslims in New York State are from Pakistan;

-read the entire new report here: Two women beheaded by militants in Pakistan

The practice of Muslims beheading & mutilating Prostitutes is well-documented throughout every Muslim community.

Still not convinced?

Well this should grab your attention:

Source is here: World-wide Trends in Honor Killings

I've said it before and I'll say it again- it is highly likely that we might not be looking at one serial killer but actually a small group of 'soldiers' for an organized crime ring. Now that I am aware that Muslims consider "Honor Killings" to be an acceptable way to keep girls and women in line by sending them a message, it is highly likely that the police are withholding key information that supports the connection to the world of Muslim Extremists. This would clearly explain why the police were so quick to state that JB, CPH & MP are obviously not their suspect.

I would be very curious now to know what religion SG's so-called "boyfriend" Alex (aka "a driver in the industry") follows (Muslims can indeed have the name "Alexander") or if he recently converted to another religion too.

16. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Megan Waterman's boyfriend/pimp was Akeem Cruz, a Muslim gangster from Brooklyn. He went by the street name "Vybe" as well as "Mello" (Click here for one of many sources here.) MW's family accuses Cruz of sex trafficking (remember, he went all the way up to Maine to recruit her).

Now I just discovered that Melissa Barthelemy's Pimp/Boyfriend named John Terry (street name "Blaze"), recruited MB from her home town all the way upstate in Buffalo and brought her back to live in the Bangladeshi Muslim section of the Bronx where she made friends with at least one Bangladeshi muslim who helped her arrange to rent her second apartment.

Source found here

17. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

It often starts right at the top...

-Read the full article here; NY Muslim Leader Busted In Prostitution Sting 10 Blocks From His Mosque

18. starburst

starburst New Member

I think you ideas are brilliant and I hope someone of significance is paying attention to your theories. I think too often when when we think of serial killers, we assume it is the work of some deranged low life, second hand citizen, and many of them are. However, we also find that many of them are on a genius level and have very profound reasons for their crimes. The area is rich, and Im guessing the killer is too. I find it absurd to think that those bodies are not all related. Even the baby. I believe that the killer may indeed have an educated, religious theory behind his crimes, however, I also believe that he is enjoying the fruits of his misery, possibly even keeping the sex slaves for himself for a long time. We hear of hidden rooms in homes and he would certainly have the money to make that happen. If he keeps them for awhile before passing them on, it would stand to reason that one of his captives might become pregnant. A sin from a sin. If he is indeed trafficking perhaps the ones that die are the ones that wont submit to the drugs or control, therefore must be punished. People stupidly think that hidden rooms in homes, parents that kill their children, etc, are just too elaborate to be true, and yet time and time again we see these secrets emerge and wonder why we all missed them. The funniest part is, if indeed your suspicions could be true, this "righteous one" is committing the same sins he spits at, and probably enjoying them more than he will ever admit.
    I think you should post your theory in a local newspaper in the area and shake this daddy's existence. My guess is he will feel it necessary to respond. Kudos to you! Get it published!

Have you confronted the author of this paper? :rocker:

19. mungojerrie

mungojerrie New Member

This thread started with wildly incorrect 'facts' about Babylon, Robert Moses and an obscure actress from Gone with the Wind taken from the website of a radical Christian end times zeolot with anti-american views. I am confused as to why the focus became Muslims? Was it the burlap stuff?

20. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 New Member

Well aware of the incorrect facts. That is what is most bothersome. The focus never went towards Muslim but rather towards "radical Muslim" with anti-American views and the poor treatment of women.

There are many sickos out there(all religions) with anti-American views twisting the truth about Babylon.

21. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Musical interlude:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjUwo_qZqU"]New York Dolls - Babylon - YouTube[/ame]