MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the graveyard been mentioned/investigated as a possible location for the bodies?
I understand thought that, naturally, it would be an incredibly daunting task.
If anyone did take them there, they may have put them in a hole that was already dug. It would probably be the grave of someone buried on the 8th or 9th of June. Of course, this is all based on possibility and geographic convenience.

My theories have changed but I’ll never believe 3 guys who got caught breaking into and stealing teeth from a mausoleum (they were tripping on acid) made 3 women disappear without a trace. Their involvement might be believable if their charges had disappeared with Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill but they were prosecuted. I think Mike, Joe snd Dusty were convenient POI’s thanks in part to timing and a need to make sense of the disappearances. Edited to add: It didn’t help some people were determined they disappeared because of a shady character/s in Suzie’s or Sherrill’s lives.

Last edited:
My theories have changed but I’ll never believe 3 guys who got caught breaking into and stealing teeth from a mausoleum (they were tripping on acid) made 3 women disappear without a trace. Their involvement might be believable if their charges had disappeared with Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill but they were prosecuted. I think Mike, Joe snd Dusty were convenient POI’s thanks in part to timing and a need to make sense of the disappearances. Edited to add: It didn’t help some people were determined they disappeared because of a shady character/s in Suzie’s or Sherrill’s lives.
You made good points. Do you have Ideas on where to look for the women?

You made good points. Do you have Ideas on where to look for the women?

This is one of the ultimate questions. I think an article mentioned asking residents to cut grass and weeds on their properties to aid in the search. This mentions it briefly. It does make you think about how sometimes bodies are found by chance.

Attachments

• Q_A_with_Detective.pdf
    831.5 KB · Views: 22
What better place to hide a body?

I thought the graveyards and many other places were searched looking for the three women. I don't think graves were dug up. I think hiding bodies in already dug graves is part urban legend and part of a killer's MO. I thought a serial killer confessed to using open graves to hide their victims. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? It's also possible their murderer/murderers didn't leave them together or close by. They disappeared in the early morning hours and weren't reported missing until that night. Even then it might not have been clear that Sherrill was also missing. Kidnappers or murderers had time to get away.

Hi, everyone! So glad to see this being discussed, debated, and delved into. Are all the postings gone, then, from the prior threads? What a pity that’d be, as there’s so much valuable insight and information available there.

10 years on WS, reading about a plethora of cases and crimes, and I still gravitate to this case. So many possibilities, red herrings? And unlikely scenarios (and yet, it did happen!) sounds like a bad lifetime movie - grave robbing and the kidnapping of three, able-bodied women.

But it’s real, and justice is long overdue

Hi, everyone! So glad to see this being discussed, debated, and delved into. Are all the postings gone, then, from the prior threads? What a pity that’d be, as there’s so much valuable insight and information available there.

10 years on WS, reading about a plethora of cases and crimes, and I still gravitate to this case. So many possibilities, red herrings? And unlikely scenarios (and yet, it did happen!) sounds like a bad lifetime movie - grave robbing and the kidnapping of three, able-bodied women.

Based upon everything you've read about this case, do you have any theories about where the women may have been taken? If you were one of those detectives, what would you do next?

As far as I know, the old threads and discussions are still here :)

Part 1:
The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #1
Part 2 and 3 were pulled
Part 4: The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #4
Part 5: The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #5
Part 6: The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6
Part 7: Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7
Part 8: Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8
Part 9: Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9
Part 10: Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

I'm really hoping this case is solved too!
Let's hope it's solved soon. Have they ever mentioned what the victims hobbies were? What activities were they involved with when they weren't at school or home? Who else participated with them in those activities? Sometimes a person's hobby will attract new people, which isn't always good.

The new documentary aired last night, some interesting pieces I didn't know or had read about early on when I discovered this case and since forgotten. New interviews with Det. Asher, Rick Bookout, family members and friends (no Janelle or Bartt here).
  • According to Asher, Cox worked for a telephone company that carried out underground wiring outside Sherrill's house. I knew of the connection with him working at the same car dealership as Stuart McCall, but not this one. Mr McCall didn't ever remember seeing him during the time he worked there.
  • Janelle described the caller on the end of the obscene calls as sounding "teenish"
  • Sherrill's sister, Debra says she was intense, passionate, responsible, savvy and "the only way that anybody would get the best of her would be to hold a gun to her child's head"

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 141
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Some more screengrabs:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 124
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 120
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 102
I watched the People special last night as well. I think the three suspects that stand out to me are :

the violent brother

the ex husband of Sherrill (anyone know what his alibi was that night, I may have missed it)

Cox (anyone know if his mother is still alive? I heard it mentioned he would talk when she’s gone)

There’s just so many possibilities on this case

I watched the People special last night as well. I think the three suspects that stand out to me are :

the violent brother

the ex husband of Sherrill (anyone know what his alibi was that night, I may have missed it)

Cox (anyone know if his mother is still alive? I heard it mentioned he would talk when she’s gone)

There’s just so many possibilities on this case
The coverage of the case this time around definitely focused the attention around Cox and then added some further information about Bartt’s relationship with Suzie and Sherrill.

As for Sherrill’s ex: Sherrill and Suzanne moved into their home on East Delmar Street in April 1992, two months before their disappearances. Sherrill's 1989 divorce from her second husband, Don Levitt, impacted her finances and she elected to relocate to the smaller residence with her daughter. Don's creditors began asking Sherrill to pay his debts after their divorce. She hired an attorney to locate him without success.

Honestly, if you’re new to this case, the list of suspects is quite exhaustive. It seems Springfield had (maybe still does) quite an array of depraved and twisted people living in close proximity to these women.

I agree. It was certainly the perfect case for the perfect storm. I've often thought that they should present this case at colleges that teach criminal justice, because it really is perfect example of having a case, that has several viable suspects, and several possible motives, and enough of a cluster $#@! at the crime scene, and possibly with the investigation as well, that they haven't been able to solve it.
Imagine what the police may have been able to learn, if no one had clean up anything, nor entered the house. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member