The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :cupcake:

It's mine too! (Not trying to be CENTER of attention, or anything! :floorlaugh: )

What a great day!

BTW, hubby ate lunch with me, for my b-day. (he pretends to be interested in my interests and will stomach my tv shows and listen to me read online posts - LOVE this day!)

Anyway...I had the IS channel on, with the replay of JA's telephone conversation. (My hubby knows nothing about this case, other than the teeny bit I have commented on.) Well, after just twenty minutes of listening to the telephone recordings he commented, "wow! That chick is BATS**T CRAZY!" haha

yep, I agree. They both went to prison though, although not for 1st degree murder. I really doubt the defense can pull it off. Unless those two lawyers are going to change into their "super lawyer' costumes and surprise everyone!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL, the visual of the male defense attorney in spandex made me "need" a glass of wine. :floorlaugh:

Gosh I hope it is not true that Travis is excommunicated. I would hope that death that happens before you have time to learn from your mistakes or repent and change, or whatever it is that is required in that faith, means he is not now excluded from his faith. That would really be heart breaking.

My belief is that God would love Travis anyway. If Travis' own faith would exclude him, other faiths will welcome him, even in death!

Maybe David Hughes was mistaken about them seeing each other in LA.

However, in JA's interrogation video with Flores, she says she went to Santa Cruz on Jun 2 and then stayed with friends in Monterey that night, then saw friends the next day (the day she went to K-Mart).

Not to quote myself, but my point is perhaps David Hughes got it wrong, that JA and Gus did see each other, but in Santa Cruz rather than LA. They were (apparently per Lambchop's seeing Searcy's calendar) both in Santa Cruz on the same evening, June 2.

JMO she might be doing the self defense like the Blue Eyed Butcher-aka Susan Wright...just kept stabbing and then realized she killed him and goes into a trance .....and doesnt really believe he is dead...(no hate messages...just a thought)

Was that the woman whose husband was an attorney and then she buried him in the backyard?!?!?! She tied him up and in the middle of sex stabbed him OVER 200 TIMES!!!! (Turns out my secretary went to high school school with the victim and said he was the nicest guy!! Super sad!!)

darn i missed - can i get a quick summary of what happened?

Polly - here's my feeble effort - bias and all:

Dt called Gus who is a nasty worm to the stand who testified (or lied, depending on your position) to possible tampering of witness claim.
He claims Chris H called him to inform him he would be on the wit stand.
PA called Chris to rebut, and blew Gus's testimony all to hell.
Defense wants to call another female wit to rebut the rebuttal, but won't divulge her name - snake.

Oh, and CH got in the fact that Nurmi is a lying snake!!

I don't understand why Travis Alexander has to be considered perfect and above reproach for Jodi to be guilty of murdering him in a cruel & heinous way. Aren't we all imperfect? Even if he WAS having a secret-sex-relationship with her and even if he DID invite her to his house that fateful night, how does that diminish him as a victim? The crime scene spells it out.

After seeing those pictures of Travis' back wounds this morning, I truly believe that Jodi fully deserves the death penalty. How could any of those wounds have been caused in self defense?

Well, if there was anything positive (JA) or incriminating about abuse (TA), I doubt we would hear it for fear of retribution and shunning. I'm referring to the Mormon community.

You see whether or not he was abusive, I don't think the truth, if negative about TA, would come out. It's a closed group, and JA is an outsider. The Mormon aspect of this case is what scares me a little. If there was a scintilla of truth to an abuse claim, it would have been covered up, IMO, due to the secret nature of their relationship, and the closeness of the Mormon community, including Mesa city officials, etc. How many public defenders have you heard of who "want off" of a high profile case? I have always been shocked that they don't run in the other direction. They seem to love such cases, from my true crime watching experience. But here, no one wants to touch this case with a 10 foot pole.

Regardless, it sure looks like premeditated murder to me at this point. I just want to hear the other side, and I want the trial to be fair and on a level playing field.

Yes, I know I'm alone here on this point of view. :(

You're not alone. :hug:

I am so amazed at the number of people who want to give JA the benefit of the doubt. She already admitted to slaughtering him!!!!!!!

Does it matter why??? She must be locked away for good. Take a look at the many ways she killed him for crying out loud!!!!
BBM

Innocent until proven guilty, and it's prudent to look at all of the facts in the case. Does it appear that JA is guilty? Of course. However, the defense can introduce many things that can potentially cast the benefit of the doubt in her favor. If they start to paint a picture of verbal, emotional, sexual abuse carried out by the victim, they may garner sympathy from the jury. All it takes is one hesitant juror to hem up the works.

While some may have automatically assigned guilt and decide to put their fingers in their ears and not hear any other possible rationale, motives, or reasoning... The defense will still try to say certain things occurred. In fact, they may have. We don't know. That's the whole point of the trial. I generally try to keep an open mind even if the evidence leans greatly in one direction (as it does in this case - I can't wrap my head around how someone acting in self-defense would try to cover everything up and repeatedly lie like she did), and that's no different here.

If it turns out she's guilty (and let's be honest, that's how it looks right now), then great! But if she's realistically been systematically abused in multiple ways and there's more to this story than has been put out so far... It needs to be paid attention to, or at least the scenario needs to be played out to see how plausible it is.

I am so amazed at the number of people who want to give JA the benefit of the doubt. She already admitted to slaughtering him!!!!!!!

Does it matter why??? She must be locked away for good. Take a look at the many ways she killed him for crying out loud!!!!

It matters because this is a death penalty case. If it is ruled that she acted in "self-defense" she may just walk. She could be found guilty of 1st degree murder and still not get the death penalty or even found guilty of lesser charges.

My belief is that God would love Travis anyway. If Travis' own faith would exclude him, other faiths will welcome him, even in death!

I personally agree, I just hope for his family and for him (assuming the mormon faith was still what he wanted to live by when he died) that he was not ex communicated. Just seems like salt in the wound.

Well the prosecution is calling witnesses without having notified the defense. That's dirty pool in my mind. It wastes the court's time. Now everything is getting delayed longer.

How is it? The state sure didnt have a heads up on what GS was going to say. They have not spoken with him but that sure didnt prevent JM from cross examining him without skipping a beat.

Surely Nurmi is not that stupid that he thought he could just bring in a witness to hurl accusations at Juan and he was just going to sit there ill prepared and that would be it. It just shows which is the better attorney and can think on their feet.

Oh the time wasnt wasted. There was plenty said in the courtroom today. She will not give her ruling right away anyway, imo.

But as Beth said the fact is CH has not talked to the prosecution or law enforcement in over three years and the defense cant prove he has.

IMO

It's mine too! (Not trying to be CENTER of attention, or anything! :floorlaugh: )

What a great day!

BTW, hubby ate lunch with me, for my b-day. (he pretends to be interested in my interests and will stomach my tv shows and listen to me read online posts - LOVE this day!)

Anyway...I had the IS channel on, with the replay of JA's telephone conversation. (My hubby knows nothing about this case, other than the teeny bit I have commented on.) Well, after just twenty minutes of listening to the telephone recordings he commented, "wow! That chick is BATS**T CRAZY!" haha

:bdsong: sourgrapes!!!

BBM

Innocent until proven guilty, and it's prudent to look at all of the facts in the case. Does it appar that JA is guilty? Of course. However, the defense can introduce many things that can potentially case the benefit of the doubt in her favor. If they start to paint a picture of verbal, emotional, sexual abuse carried out by the victim, they may garner sympathy from the jury. All it takes is one hesitant juror to hem up the works.

While some may have automatically assigned guilt and decide to put their fingers in their ears and not hear any other possible rationale, motives, or reasoning... The defense will still try to say certain things occurred. In fact, they may have. We don't know. That's the whole point of the trial. I generally try to keep an open mind even if the evidence leans greatly in one direction (as it does in this case - I can't wrap my head around how someone acting in self-defense would try to cover everything up and repeatedly lie like she did), and that's no different here.

If it turns out she's guilty (and let's be honest, that's how it looks right now), then great! But if she's realistically been systematically abused in multiple ways and there's more to this story than has been put out so far... It needs to be paid attention to, or at least the scenario needs to be played out to see how plausible it is.

I'm worried about the text messages the defense will probably use. Because you cannot hear emotional expression in written text. For all we know, things like "three-hole wonder" are jokes between them and neither Travis or Jodi was offended by them. Secret pet names, that kind of thing. Maybe not the type of jokes or pet names the majority of us would use, but everyone is different and it may not have been intended to be derogatory.

There's the ignore feature, but if other people quote them, you'll still see what they post. There will always be murder groupies and people who defend them, barf barf.

It doesn't seem like anyone is defending JA. Some are being objective and waiting to review all the facts from both sides.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.”
-General George S. Patton

Hmph.

After Jodi was arrested her mother uploaded a picture of a painting Jodi had done of Travis' dad Gary (apparently confused with older brother Gary) to one of her myspace pages. And Travis is the creepy one?!?!? :furious:

On the upside said painting was destroyed by Travis' family upon learning she'd murdered him. Tanisha says Mummum did it but Uncle Mike's money is on one of the bros. :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.226325870776896.54624.160510210691796&type=3

http://www.myspace.com/jfineart/photos/26588989#{"ImageId":26588989}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member