The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #14 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking, this morning, that IF Jodi is determined to take the stand, they'd want to put her on first in order to mitigate the damage with the experts. They could even use the expert's testimony to explain her , expected, bizarre behavior on the stand.

Thoughts? We could be seeing her testify in a matter of just over an hour. Whoa.:python:

I am thinking they will start with people who knew her??? Just a guess.. I don't know WHERE they will attempt to start.

(either that or they will start with a medical person to refute the ME)

In hindsight maybe the Hughes should have made sure they were alone with TA when they expressed their intuitive reservations about JA. I can only surmise that their reservations about JA were so strong and so vivid at the time that they felt it necessary to express themselves then. It's weird that Skys women's intuition told her that JA was listening at the door. The Hughes feelings about JA proved to be tragically intuitive.

A woman's intuition is one of the most powerful forces there is! I truly believe that! I think it's even stronger after we have children. We have that sixth sense for a reason.

I'm thinking, this morning, that IF Jodi is determined to take the stand, they'd want to put her on first in order to mitigate the damage with the experts. They could even use the expert's testimony to explain her , expected, bizarre behavior on the stand.

Thoughts? We could be seeing her testify in a matter of just over an hour. Whoa.:python:

that wouldn't work for me....my kids are coming over for the night....haven't seen one since Christmas....don't like empty nest....

This is really baffling to me as well. My only guess was, that they heard his story, and hoped that the judge might believe that the prosecution was in cahoots with CH when he texted GS.

I am just shocked that they thought that this guy's word would fly, since, and I mean this in the best possible way, he comes across as a Maximus Turdburger Colossus, with extra cheese.

BBM

:floorlaugh:

limburger cheese

I am thinking they will start with people who knew her??? Just a guess.. I don't know WHERE they will attempt to start.

(either that or they will start with a medical person to refute the ME)

Pins and needles. If I get a burst of wellness this afternoon, I might just drive on down there. I don't think I should test my nausea though with this defense case. :/

I didn't realize there was more than one. It is the one David Lohr linked for us previously. I'll see if I can find a link later. Now I have a bunch of housework & dinner to prep before 10:15! :seeya:

I was able to find it thru youtube prior to it being reshown...I would suggest google...it came up really quick for me, which surprised me

Can somebody link me to the feed? I keep striking out.

Rut Roh! JA could be gassy today - look at what she had for dinner last night:

73011918.jpg

Soya Stew & Pinto Beans

What's Jodi Arias eating for dinner tonight?
updated 5:13 PM EST, Mon January 28, 2013
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013...nuary-28-estrella-womens-jail-phoenix-arizona

No wonder her defense stinks...

Judge probably figures the testimony will be a crock and will end quickly after Juan gets hold of them! He is such a cutie!
BBM
I know, right?!? I'm developing a bit of a second crush. McHottie, ME has some competish, lol. :blushing:

(With all of that passion in the courtroom, could you imagine........???)

hahaha, that last one was for his coworkers. Have fun with that!

Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
Regarding Alyce LaViolette (ALV), I spent a little time familiarizing myself with her philosophical positions. I actually have no real problem with her general philosophies, except that she is a lot further to the left than I would typically prefer. That said, I generally respect the career she has carved out for herself.

And the more I have learned about her, the more puzzled I am. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say she "sold out" her principles to be involved with the Jodi Arias defense team. Just nothing about Jodi's life or dating/ sex life fits the mold with which ALV has surrounded herself. I almost (almost, but not really) feel a bit sorry for ALV for becoming involved with the hot mess that is JA.

ALV is a feminist of the highest order-- and that is ok with me. But I have a really hard time listening to her youtubes and figuring out how she is going to mold all that into "Poor Jodi, The Abused".

I think ALV could end up reviled and a laughingstock for months to years after this trial, depending on how she "plays" her role as an expert. If she oversells "Jodi, the Abused", she will suffer a very long time, professionally. She cannot (imo) sell Jodi as a depressed, dominated little woman who snapped. I really think ALV will go the "strong" Jodi route, touting "pre-emptive self defense" as a tactic. Meaning, Jodi was strong enough to formulate a plan to "save herself" pre-emptively from the wicked and unpredictiable intentions of Travis Alexander.

"Jodi gets Travis, before Travis has a chance to get her". She sensed some "gleam in his eyes" that he would absolutely kill her UNLESS she struck first. So "poor Jodi" lashed out in the only way she could, with 29 stab wounds, a gunshot to the head, and a deep slitting of the throat. Perfectly understandable, given the "gleam in his eyes." And so, Jodi the Warrior Princess slayed her dragon. Jodi is both a strong warrior, and weak as a kitten, in ALV's world.

Poor Jodi. I don't know how she goes on, day after day. Only the confidence of knowing she permanently silenced the evil look in the eyes of TA keeps her going, I'm sure.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm going to wait and hear what the defense presents. I don't really believe Jodi's third story, but I know that strange things happen in the privacy of a home.

I once dated someone who had some kind of weird, potentially dangerous thing going on. Very personable and outgoing, smart guy, ambitious, extremely attentive to me, etc...

However one time, when he was helping me prepare a meal in my kitchen, I grew very uncomfortable with the way he was holding one of my knives. In my opinion, he suddenly had an almost zombie-ish look in his eyes.

I was puzzled by what I "thought" I was seeing. So my defenses went up. I said VERY firmly: "Put that knife down before I hurt you." He seemed to snap out of what I viewed as a little "trance."

I wasn't sure if I was over-reacting or if there really was something there.

I continued seeing him for a few more months, but remained secretly on guard. I didn't know if it was all in my mind or not. But if anything threatening ever were to become REALLY obvious, he would have had a royal battle on his hands.

I later learned that his teenaged son had moved out of his home, in fear for his life... something about a playful boxing moment between dad and son turning SUDDENLY into the dad trying to SERIOUSLY hurt the son.

You never know about people.

Snipped for relevance

The bad part is my neighbor actually held it against us neighbors that did not buy in. From that point on, they did not associate with any neighbor who didnt buy in to what they were selling. We were shunned...LOL. Good riddance...LOL

Your post underscores in my mind what I believe to be a classic example of the cult like expectations/demands of many MLM enterprises.

Today, a dead man will have his name and reputation tarnished in an attempt to free his killer. Maybe rightfully so, maybe not. But he will not be able to speak for himself, nor will many of his family and friends.

So, while I am not "canonizing" him, I would like make a positive observation about him, to help give him a voice.

Travis Alexander was clearly a very driven, ambitious man. But in his quest to rise to the top, he never tried to pull anyone down, from my observations. He really wanted everyone to succeed along side him, and to be their better selves. This is a really remarkable, admirable trait for someone so ambitious. Selfless, in that regard.

RIP, Travis Alexander. I am going to reach farther inside myself to be a better friend, a better mother, and a better person, to honor your life, family, and friends.

Thank you for this. Appreciate this greatly.
Let the defense and the naysayers rip this man to shreds for their own reasons but like you I will choose to remember Travis as the brother and friend he was to the people who loved him.

Half listening to the defense attorney in her opening...not compelling....wonder how she sounds if she truly believes in her client? She has a mundane drone on effect for me,lol IMO

Yes, that is how it will go but it would be great if Juan can find a photo of Jodi and her finger was like that before she said Travis did it.

But no matter what... a broken finger is not a punishment for death.

IMO

I can't help but guess what finger was broken.:what:

As far as Im concerned, GS is an arrogant clown and would not benefit the defense. Its obvious he is promoting himself and I know the jury can see that.

did he not remind anyone of that guy in Princess Bride? "Vizzzini"?

Excellent post. Violene ended up on the wrong $ide of the equation in this one. The more she tries to tarnish this victim, the more backlash professionally she will receive. And I for one will be happy to keep spouting it forth in to the interwebs. It's disgusting but expected a defense attorney will fly ridiculous disgusting defenses. Another for someone who's built a career on championing victims.

Violene, is INfamy worth the price of admission in to this trial? $hame.

Do we know if that woman interviewed Jodi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine