GUILTY Sarah Lawrence College (Larry Ray) - sex trafficking and abuse *arrests*

He moved into his daughter’s dorm room? And no one reported him? Where was the RA for that dorm? That’s beyond creepy.

I just happened to see this thread for the first time, although I was aware of the case for quite a while before that. This is my undergraduate alma mater (class of '02), so I thought it might be helpful to clarify that the housing around campus ranges from the typical dormitory living I think you may be picturing (where each floor of a multi-story building has one or more Resident Assistants to keep tabs on the students who live on that floor) to the stand-alone townhome-type dwellings where this took place (Slonim Woods). These were set up with a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two double bedrooms on the ground floor, and two double bedrooms and a bathroom on the second floor. The only way in and out of these units was through the front door, and there was just one small window next to that front door, so people walking past couldn't really see in or out. There might've been one or two RAs assigned to the whole Slonim Woods complex, which had 11 or 12 townhomes altogether, and they typically were just there to provide assistance if students actively pursued it (say, if the residents of the townhome next door were raising a ruckus at all hours and making it impossible for their neighbors to sleep, they could reach out to the RA who would visit the offending unit and remind them of the noise policies). So given the somewhat cloistered nature of these units, and the minimal RA presence, it's pretty easy to see how this craziness could've carried on without anyone other than the residents of this particular townhome--all of whom were held in Ray's thrall!--knowing anything was amiss.

DOJ 'inadvertently' publishes list of clients of Sarah Lawrence sex cult prostitute | Daily Mail Online

A top executive at The Gap clothing firm and her husband was one of two married couples included. A former New York State Supreme Court judge is also named.

Another alleged client is a painter who has studios in Manhattan's East Village and in Italy. A third is an architect, famous for designing college and university buildings.

An investment executive who was also in pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's infamous little black book of contacts is also listed.

Other names include a hedge fund manager who has donated millions to charity and has his name on a museum building in New York, a Washington DC, lobbyist who has worked for a foreign resistance movement and an international diamond dealer.

Also included is an executive at the Metropolitan Transit Authority, an account executive at Amazon and a veteran travel writer.

You guys I cannot even with the videos in the Daily Mail today. The entire thing is so disturbing. It seems so exploitative to publish the actual videos of the victims. Here (ironically) is a link: Sarah Lawrence sex cult 'wife' tells how 'leader' Larry Ray sent her on sexual challenges | Daily Mail Online

It's hard to believe that this thread is not on fire. I'm struggling with how to even begin to process what an evil, manipulative sociopath Larry Ray is. It's clinically and sociologically fascinating to watch the process of how this all went down. It's also completely terrifying. These were some bright, high-achieving young adults who were just systemically psychologically destroyed.

It's surprising the coverage of this compared to NXIVM cult which I feel like everyone knew about. I was talking about this trial and so many people told me that hadn't heard of it. Then when they read about it they are like what the actual f ....... did this really happen and how didn't I know?

Larry is definitely working it with the "seizures", trying to fires his attorneys, etc. All of things add up to him trying to control something he can't control but then too, give him arguments to make on appeal. He can now say that he wasn't healthy enough to fully participate in his defense as well as that he had to move forward with attorneys he didn't want and who wouldn't put forth whatever lame arguments he has for how he's innocent.

I'm really interested to see what happens in Isabella's trial as almost certainly she'll claim that she is as much a victim as the rest of the kids. At what point do you go from being a victim to criminal? Reminds me of Patty Hearst.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back