The Struggle for a Normal Life After Murder

Gunther Toody

Reaction score
Just doing some general research on the psychological aftermath of committing murder.

Did anyone in the family suffer from outward signs of mental breakdown, after the fact?
According to what I've researched, for those who commit murder and get away with it, living a normal life afterward is extremely difficult. They may seem normal on the outside, but on the inside, they face huge emotional and psychological challenges.

The trauma of taking a life, especially in a violent way, can cause severe and long-lasting psychological harm or depression. Murderers often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), overwhelming guilt, nightmares, and emotional numbness. Ordinary situations can trigger memories of the crime and force them to withdraw from normal activities. This unresolved trauma makes it very difficult for them to truly move on with their lives emotionally.

Just doing some general research on the psychological aftermath of committing murder.

Did anyone in the family suffer from outward signs of mental breakdown, after the fact?
According to what I've researched, for those who commit murder and get away with it, living a normal life afterward is extremely difficult. They may seem normal on the outside, but on the inside, they face huge emotional and psychological challenges.

The trauma of taking a life, especially in a violent way, can cause severe and long-lasting psychological harm or depression. Murderers often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), overwhelming guilt, nightmares, and emotional numbness. Ordinary situations can trigger memories of the crime and force them to withdraw from normal activities. This unresolved trauma makes it very difficult for them to truly move on with their lives emotionally.
I think that might be difficult to apply after the death of a child even if innocent. Outward appearances IMHO of PR being questioned about her handwriting almost seemed like she was at a social gathering. Another interview, she pulled out her best beauty queen interview persona. She definitely was able to turn on the charm at will. JR showed himself to be very on his toes at least. I don't think the public saw much of BR beyond the childhood questioning interviews and the funeral video.

I think that might be difficult to apply after the death of a child even if innocent. Outward appearances IMHO of PR being questioned about her handwriting almost seemed like she was at a social gathering. Another interview, she pulled out her best beauty queen interview persona. She definitely was able to turn on the charm at will. JR showed himself to be very on his toes at least. I don't think the public saw much of BR beyond the childhood questioning interviews and the funeral video.
BR was very sheltered by the parents after the murder. But we do know he was seeing a psychiatrist, although we don’t know when that started. PR I think at one point said it was to help him deal with everything in the aftermath of what had happened. I believe it was James Kolar who questioned in his book the truth of that, wondering if perhaps it was instead to address issues that may have been present and part of what happened. The R’s made sure that BR’s medical records were not made available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back