PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

the term neutral place

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by simonsmom, Nov 19, 2008.

1. simonsmom

simonsmom New Member

I found the use of this term on a website for couples counseling.

2. Sammi99

Sammi99 New Member

Neutral place might be one where KC doesn't have to be confronted with criticism, or made to explain her actions. Seems like the A's house was definitely not a "neutral" place. TL's place is "neutral" because he doesn't grill her for facts or explanations.

3. KAITLAND

KAITLAND New Member

I think Casey's unusual speech patterns "remove" her from the emotional impact of whatever is going on at the time. I also remember her using the word "level" in one of the jailhouse conversations with Lee - something to the effect of "I am not level now". That struck me as extremely odd phrasing. Then, if I remember correctly, Lee said to LE during his interview "I am on the LEVEL with you". Is that their code word for "truthful'? So when Casey said "I am NOT level".....?

4. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

i took it to be "neutral place" as in away from prying CA & GA...and those pesky little questions they may ask...jmo

5. Charge Them All

Charge Them All New Member

I think "neutral" means a place where no one would be overly suspisious, ask to many questions, and KC would not have to answer to anybody.

6. Indigo

Indigo New Member

I noticed Casey used that word in one of her text messages to Amy. I can't remember what it was in reference to though. Maybe a vacation place? Not sure.

The Urban Dictionary shows several different meanings for the word. So it all depends on how Casey defines it I guess.

7. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

A place where she could be alone and think out a plan. No phone calls, parents, friends, boyfriends, no one.

8. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

I interpreted it as
    Neutral, away from the Caylee memories at home and also away from the area where she did whatever she did to Caylee. Neutral, without good feelings or bad, somewhere she could just drift.

9. curiositycat

curiositycat The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule

neutral adj. Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute or contest.

10. tiredofthis

tiredofthis New Member

Yep. TL didn't grill her for facts or explanations, because he probably wanted one thing from her.

11. simonsmom

simonsmom New Member

Imaginary Team Members: A Couples Counseling Perspective
    Richard E. Watts
    Sam Houston State University

Paul R. Peluso

Florida Atlantic University

The postmodern counseling literature contains numerous interventions that may help to create a neutral place for client reflection. Andersen suggested the use of "reflecting teams" for helping clients become more reflective in their thinking. A reflecting team is made up of individuals (usually other counselors) who observe and reflect on the therapeutic process that they are witnessing. Clients, in turn, then discuss their reflections of the reflecting teamÂ’s conversation. According to Freedman and Combs, an extension of the reflecting teams technique may include persons not actually present in the counseling session. Later, these team members may be invited to future sessions, and eventually the couple may be instructed to use this exercise at home to help them create alternative meanings and behaviors. In this article, the authors present a technique loosely based on the reflective team approach for use with couples.

12. Gaia713

Gaia713 New Member

Jail sounds like the perfect place.

13. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

however, she is missing those phones and computers....

14. 3doglady

3doglady Certified Coffeeaholic

When the video of KC and TL at Blockbuster came out I remembered her saying she went to a neutral place.

15. KellioPSL

KellioPSL Former Member

I believe the perps(kc) definition of neutral is
    tone's apt
    various nightclubs
    tattoo parlors
    trgt stores
    parties

16. LI_Mom

LI_Mom New Member

I think people listened more carefully & decided she actually said, "on that level."

17. LI_Mom

LI_Mom New Member

I think it means somewhere where there's no discussion about her family life.....

Lee might sometimes take the parent's side especially if it came to Caylee, so I don't think she'd feel he's "neutral."

Her 'old' friends also knew her family well so they might not ALWAYS feel 'neutral' to Casey.

I think it would have to be somewhere where she has more casual or newer relationships.

18. capoly

capoly New Member

Wonder if it was term=setting advice given to CA from the therapist she was seeing?
    Neutral places are often suggested for volatile relationships of any kind.

19. okiedokietoo

okiedokietoo New Member

it really isn't a word or phrase that would be heard in everyday conversations - it IMO is a term that one would hear in therapy, some sort of therapy or said by a doctor, psychologist or psychiatrist and possibly a medical dr. And when you hear KC say it, she didn't search for the word - it came naturally to her - IMO very possible that the whole family went to family counseling (sp) or KC went alone.

20. BostonSu

BostonSu New Member

:clap::woohoo: