the term neutral place

Neutral place = place where there is no Cindy asking questions. IMO

Not asking her where this Netural place was, IMO; a missed opportuity.

Also the phase, " In a backwards kind of way" was another thing that bothers me. I think Universal held some kind of evidence that Caylee was there and they didn't get her hints.

She had 31 days to figure out this story and plant evidence to support the ZG kidnapping theory.

Below are a few definitions of the word "neutral" from the Urban Dictionary.
Wikipedia describes the dictionary:

"Urban Dictionary is a Web-based dictionary of slang words and phrases that documents the language of urban cultures and subcultures. Users are encouraged to submit new words and new definitions of words already in the dictionary. Submissions are regulated by volunteer editors and rated by other users."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Dictionary

From the Urban Dictionary:

1. Neutral
A state in balance between law, chaos, good, and evil
I am neutral, high above moral debate.

2. Neutral
This just means that you are at an uncertain point in your life... You don't want to be involved (sexually, romanticly)(sic) with males or females... you just want to be left alone! (like in NEUTRAL mode)

3. Neutral
Awful.
Bad.
Not favorable.
Despicable.
Not in good taste.

Antonym to plank.
The weather is neutral today.
Racism is neutral, man.

Just another example of KC's attempts to use words (usually incorrectly or unnecessarily) to sound intelligent. I wouldn't read it into it, she's just not that "deep".

I remember something a real bs'er said-

If you can't impress them with intelligence, baffle them with bull$h1t!!!

Everyone KC comes in contact with- eventually walks away shaking their head in confusion, disbelief and in the end- disgust.

Casey says words that she doesn't know how to use. "Neutral place," "Mutual friends." I can't imagine the words she uses to Jose- A bunch of legal jargon she doesn't understand.

it is a word that therapists use - when a person is angry or stressed for instance - go to a neutral place to get away from the source of the conflict.
Police were called to A house several times before Caylee was missing. If I recall around the time that KC was Pregnant and the A's had trouble and filled for divorce around this time - was the whole family in therapy? Did KC go to individual Therapy? And if she did was it for anger management or depression? It's important to the case, her state of mind.

That term "neutral place" referring to AL's apartment stuck out to me. Why wasn't the A family home a "neutral place"? The opposite of neutral could be dangerous. Why would the home be dangerous? Was it the scene of a crime or an accident? Was she simply afraid to go home without Caylee?

That term "neutral place" referring to AL's apartment stuck out to me. Why wasn't the A family home a "neutral place"? The opposite of neutral could be dangerous. Why would the home be dangerous? Was it the scene of a crime or an accident? Was she simply afraid to go home without Caylee?

Interesting question only1. Also, why was she afraid to sleep in her and Caylee's bedroom after being bonded out of jail? Cindy stated they had to blow up an air mattress in their room for her to sleep. She couldn't bear to go into the room let alone sleep there.

I remember being youger and creeped out by death, spirits, etc. After someone in my family died I couldn't go near the place where they died for a long time. Now that I'm older and understand it's not a concern for me.

I think "neutral" means a place where no one would be overly suspisious, ask to many questions, and KC would not have to answer to anybody.
Yeah, she pretty much said that because her Mom would give her the same look that she gave her on July 15, 2008 at which time she supposedly told KC that she will never forgive her for this.

I always thought that term meant (in marriage counseling anyway) Going to a place in a relationship where there is no conflict. If an argument becomes too overheated or a subject is too explosive, you direct your conversation somewhere else. That is until is can be discussed objectively.

I think in her clumsy paranoid way she is saying "neutral place" to mean "public place." In the context of claiming she had first waited there at Sawgrass Apts. for ZG to show up w/ Caylee she is attempting to explain her "kidnap victim mindset" by claiming I guess that when ZG did not return there to ZG's apt. where KC claimed to have dropped off Caylee, the only place KC could think of to go was somewhere "neutral" (ie public) in hopes of catching or finding the two there, in one of these "neutral" locations. (This was prior to JBP version of kidnapping.) Neither she nor CA are especially articulate, but also frequently use language that is "nuanced"--the easier to deceive and manipulate w IMO.

The "level" word always stood out to me. Like.... I'm not on my meds - not level. Or meds that level one out. But I've never heard of her being on any type of psych meds.

I have a daughter that is KC's age. She would never use that word to describe a place that she would go. I thought she threw out "went to a neutral place" as a way to keep the conversation flowing..... to almost prove to LE that her story was truthful. She was trying not to stumble on words, or appear like she was lying. It goes back to the theory that most liars give too many details. I , too, wish LE had asked her what she meant by it.

I have a daughter that is KC's age. She would never use that word to describe a place that she would go. I thought she threw out "went to a neutral place" as a way to keep the conversation flowing..... to almost prove to LE that her story was truthful. She was trying not to stumble on words, or appear like she was lying. It goes back to the theory that most liars give too many details. I , too, wish LE had asked her what she meant by it.

Yes, I think she was stumbling or searching for "public" but I've noticed this too... Liars, in their efforts to convince, often perserverate--compulsively repeating, restating or rephrasing the same thing. JMO

When my son was in anger management, we used the term "quiet place", if he felt himself getting out of control, he had to go to his "quiet place" (the tree house) and calm down, I always thought neutral place meant the same thing (did the perp ever have counseling?).

Okay so I found a mutual friend of KC's myspace page...

And she had a blog mentioning "neutral place"

I think this is their own special Orlando clique lingo...
(Remember any MTV Laguna Beach fans... hey had their own lingo, remember they said "random" for everything..)

and I think this girl's blog below explains a lot and I think it matches KC's motto... Stay neutral...

Did you know...
The key to remaining sane in life is....
Don't allow the happiest moments in your life to conquer.
because if any negativity comes from it...you'll feel as if you hit ROCK BOTTOM.
stay neutral... if your the happiest that you could be the drop to being sad is wayyy worse...and you hit way harder... but if you stay neutral and keep your expectations lower...then you know whats coming...
okay?
okay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288