The Texts Messages: Warning! Graphic SEXUALLY EXPLICIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sorry for Terri's parents and her son. Can you imagine what they are feeling? I hope someone at least warned them that these would be released and what they included.

Also, can't stop thinking about Desiree. Somewhere, in all of this mess, is her little lost boy. She must be just screaming inside. Even to have this smut attached to her son in the slightest way, in the same paragraph in a story, is sickening.

Desquire, is it possible that Terri could be seen as insane based on these texts?

If she does not seem to know what she did is wrong? I think that is one of the standards for insanity.

I don't think she would ever win on insanity, hardly anyone ever does, but would her lawyer try that? Saying she is clearly not in the real world?

IMO, she demonstrated that she knew seeing MC was wrong when she lied about going on a drive. She used losing her daughter as an escape reason that night.

Any legally insane person would not concoct a lie to cover up their actions, they simply don't think about choices and consequences. JMO

ETA: One of my sister's psych professors in college said that an example of insanity is when a person will commit any criminal act within arms length of a police officer.

Got it...here, p.9 of 12, line 17:

>>Law enforcement informed Petitioner that since June 4, 2010, Respondent and Mr. Cook have had multiple contacts via phone calls, text messages and personal contacts. Petitioner's attorney has also reviewed Mr. Cook's work cell phone records. In addition, Petitioner is aware that Mr. Cook has recently been interviewed by law enforcement."

Document is dated as "Entered July 12, 2010 In Register by CB".

Terri: If you didn't have yr son 2nite I would show u what I think of u.

Taken out of context, I know, but... just the same. MC was a part time parent and at least in the limited window of the texts seemed psyched to be spending time with his son, enthusiastic about their activities. It's just wrong, all the way around.

IMO, she demonstrated that she knew seeing MC was wrong when she lied about going on a drive. She used losing her daughter as an escape reason that night.

Any legally insane person would not concoct a lie to cover up their actions, they simply don't think about choices and consequences. JMO

ETA: One of my sister's psych professors in college said that an example of insanity is when a person will commit any criminal act within arms length of a police officer.

BBM-I really really want to use that someday. that sums it up NICELY.

Desquire, is it possible that Terri could be seen as insane based on these texts?

If she does not seem to know what she did is wrong? I think that is one of the standards for insanity.

I don't think she would ever win on insanity, hardly anyone ever does, but would her lawyer try that? Saying she is clearly not in the real world?
Not desquire, but an insanity defense is one of the most difficult to prove. It has been practically edged out of existence. To have successfull insanity defense you have to be lulu crazy and literally locked away in a psych ward for life on a case like this.
mental ilness would be a mitigating circumstance in sentencing and that is about it. Mental illness is not a defense anymore and it is best to argue the facts as opposed to diminshed capacity.

I'm prepared to get flamed for this but Kerry SR and MC were both in the group of firends that were heavily involved in getting out Kyron flyers, t-shirts, etc. and raising money for the searches. Given that, is it possible that maybe Terri was still involved in the find-Kyron efforts and that in other texts that were not included in this transcript she actually was discussing Kyron and working to find him? Is it possible that Kerry - an Intel marketing person - had some good idea for fundraising or publicity to aid the search for Kyron and that's what Terri wanted people to get together to discuss?

Except that it comes right after MC's question about how she was going to pay Houze.

And now that I think of it, that might be what TH and MC were "talking about" during their visit, since she's says she wants to talk with him ("and the girls").

JMO

This is not your garden variety divorce. A child is missing. Terri Horman is the defacto suspect. LE needs to know everything they can uncover...about this woman...how she thinks...how she behaves...her morals, her impulse control, her deviousness....because she is at the center of this case. A case that is most likely a murder case.

Why should Terri be afforded special privacy privileges that no one else in high profile cases receives? Scott Peterson's cheating did not make him a murderer...but it was a window into his mindset...as was his telephone flirtation with his mistress at Laci's memorial.

It showed us something was "off" with Scott emotionally,....morally and emotionally. Somethinmg thatseparated him out from what most people would feel and can therefore understand. These texts gave us a similar insight into Terri. Something is off...whether she is a child killer or not. Her behavior certainly fits a certain profile of those capable of murder...totally self immersion, poor impulse control, empathy impaired. It's really OFF.

And Terri provided this information HERSELF...by her recklessness. We wouldn't be reading it if she hadn't indulged. Who in the world today believes that phones or the Internet offers us absolute privacy...or sending sexually explicit messages and pictures to a virtual stranger is a jolly good idea when LE is watching you...AND YOU KNOW IT.

This goes to recklessness more than anything.

Yes, it completely shatters the fake image of her Facebook pages...as happened to Casey Anthony. If we care about the victims first, these exposures are good things.

I absolutely agree with you!!!!!!!!

Are you thinking that Kaine's attorney deliberately deleted some texts to alter the meaning of the exchanges? Wouldn't that be unethical? Would there not be professional consequences..or in your experience, is that done all the time as standard practice by attorneys?

That would seem highly unethical to me if these exchanges have deliberately been edited to deceive.

Edited to ask...and wouldn't Terri's attorneys be all over that to undercut his lawyer's credibility?

Not desquire, but I read that post to mean that some texts were not included...like the pages before and after the ones we saw. Not that the ones we saw had been deliberately edited. Since there are hundreds of texts, Rackner used the ones that best made her point. She didn't edit them or black them out (as was done in the suit money motion) because she didn't have to. Here, she had a good long run of sexting, with only a couple deviations -- some of which had already been provided to the court. So that's what she used. There may be pages of texts that do talk about kyron or baby. Personally, I doubt it, but anything's possible. If that's the case, Bunch is free to point those out. But Rackner did nothing wrong, imo, and I don't think desquire meant that she did. jmoo

I did not mean to say I think she is insane...just wondering if the legal team will give it a try...

If the case is circumstantial, I doubt they would feel the need; but if hard evidence shows up, physical evidence, and she won't plea, who knows...we've seen it tried before and almost always fail.

I can almost see a circumstantial case like the one with Cindy Sommers; she was basically convicted on her own bad behavior (later reversed of course). Hopefully MCSO would have a better array of circumstanial evidence if it is Terri they charge and they don't have Kyron or any eye witnesses.

Oh, I know you weren't implying that she was insane. You were just throwing out the legal mumbo jumbo. I was just trying to give reasons why I think an insanity defense wouldn't stick if she tried to use it.

Not desquire, but I read that post to mean that some texts were not included...like the pages before and after the ones we saw. Not that the ones we saw had been deliberately edited. Since there are hundreds of texts, Rackner used the ones that best made her point. She didn't edit them or black them out (as was done in the suit money motion) because she didn't have to. Here, she had a good long run of sexting, with only a couple deviations -- some of which had already been provided to the court. So that's what she used. There may be pages of texts that do talk about kyron or baby. Personally, I doubt it, but anything's possible. If that's the case, Bunch is free to point those out. But Rackner did nothing wrong, imo, and I don't think desquire meant that she did. jmoo

Thank you, Germaine.

Yes, certainly, if there are truly these grieving texts between Terri and Michael Cook...that show her loving maternal intensity as she plans fund-raising activities and desperately seeks his advice on how she and Dede and others can find that little boy that loved her...I'm sure we will be shown them.

I'd like to know the ratio, in fact, of how often Kyron was mentioned between the two of them in these hundreds of texts. Maybe one of the attorneys can come up with that number...and how often she spoke of Baby K.

Might be very compelling bit of math.

Yeah, these are pretty nasty. I don't even think Scott Peterson was that graphic, unless my memory is fuzzy on that one. I don't know yet for sure, but I might be sliding onto the other side.

She is definitely a sociopath with a sex addiction. A part of me wants to still believe that is her biggest problem. I just don't know.

On the other hand, as far as a motive, if she was so free with the sexting/flirting like this maybe Kyron saw or heard something he wasn't supposed to? The motive has always been one of the biggest hurdles for me and I guess it could be something along those lines with him stumbling into something.

I am still trying to figure out why these were released now. Did the media just get a hold of them, or were they given to the media? Did Kaine's lawyer want them released? I'm trying to figure out the benefit to Kaine's side. He and his lawyer only have to make their case to the judge.

I am not on anyone's "side" here; just wondering for myself what purpose it serves.

I wonder this also. And, also, I wonder, are family court documents normally released to the media/available to the public (in Oregon). That seems strange to me.

Yeah, these are pretty nasty. I don't even think Scott Peterson was that graphic, unless my memory is fuzzy on that one. I don't know yet for sure, but I might be sliding onto the other side.

She is definitely a sociopath with a sex addiction. A part of me wants to still believe that is her biggest problem. I just don't know.

Scott Peterson's phone conversatinos were romantic compared to this! :furious: And that's really hard to admit.

But there again, it goes to state of mind. The fact that Scott was being romantic with another woman while his dead wife and baby were hidden under San Francisco Bay is horrendous.

Terri getting raunchy with MC right after her husband took the baby and Kyron went missing is also horrendous.

Taken out of context, both Scott Peterson and Terri Horman were just doing what some say is a normal adult activity (not in my world, but okay). Yes, they were "consenting adults" and all that, but it's the context, the timing, and the sick mental state that matter. Context is everything. The flirting (or whatever it is) didn't happen in a normal situation, but in a life or death situation for someone they supposedly "loved." But you just have to accept that some people cannot love - narcissists, sociopaths, twisted people.

Scott Peterson's phone conversatinos were romantic compared to this! :furious: And that's really hard to admit.

But there again, it goes to state of mind. The fact that Scott was being romantic with another woman while his dead wife and baby were hidden under San Francisco Bay is horrendous.

Terri getting raunchy with MC right after her husband took the baby and Kyron went missing is also horrendous.

Taken out of context, both Scott Peterson and Terri Horman were just doing what some say is a normal adult activity (not in my world, but okay). Yes, they were "consenting adults" and all that, but it's the context, the timing, and the sick mental state that matter. Context is everything. The flirting (or whatever it is) didn't happen in a normal situation, but in a life or death situation for someone they supposedly "loved." But you just have to accept that some people cannot love - narcissists, sociopaths, twisted people.

They were both putting out the bait they thought would work.
Would Amber Frey have been interested had Scott been raunchy in the way TH was with MC?
Would MC be interested in Terri had she been "romantic" with him and looking for a long term relationship?
Both seem to be able to "read" what a person wants and give it to them. Probably something both used to their advantage their entire lives. (imo)

Would Amber Frey have been interested had Scott been raunchy in the way TH was with MC?
Would MC be interested in Terri had she been "romantic" with him and looking for a long term relationship?
Both seem to be able to "read" what a person wants and give it to them. Probably something both used to their advantage their entire lives. (imo)

I agree - Terri certainly comes across as predatory in these sexting messages. And to me the real turn-off is the arrogant presumption that everyone is lusting after her super-strong body night and day, but I guess some people find that kind of self-love attractive. It's almost as if she's learned that being straightforward and shocking people can overwhelm them to the point of giving in to her.

I wonder this also. And, also, I wonder, are family court documents normally released to the media/available to the public (in Oregon). That seems strange to me.

these documents were acquired by the media in the same fashion that Bunch's motion was acquired last week. Kaine and his lawyer submitted documents to the court and the media requested them under the Freedom of Information Act. Family Court documents are subject to the same FOIA statutes as other documents, unless a Judge seals them, which he didn't. Jmo

I am not shocked over these texts. This is exactly the type person I seen standing with Kaine, Desiree, and Tony during the press conference.
Further leads me down the road of something awful at the hands of Terri.

That's a really good point. Not to armchair her into being a sociopath (could be, I just don't know) but throwing out there that sociopaths are known to 'read' people and present to them the face they want to see.

I was just digging through the Laci Peterson archives last night looking for something I'd read a long time back that rang a bell - I didn't find it, but what it reminded me of was the sheer amount of (potential) humiliation at lies exposed that Scott withstood without emotion. His fake diplomas, his blatant lies on the evening news about the things he said he told LE *while LE was sitting there watching him speak*, the Amber tapes, etc etc. Any thinking person would have known at each of those steps that of course he'd get caught, of course the second the news broadcast ended LE would re-question him based on his open lies, or that his girlfriend would find out about his missing wife. He lied anyway, knowing full well he'd be caught. Didn't care. Someone upthread mentioned that most of SP's actions didn't indicate that he's a murderer per se, but that he operated under different decision making paradigm than most of us do. Totally agree.

And all of that was just to say that when I look at Terri's actions (sexts, etc), I don't understand how she could have thought she'd get away with it. This sexting, the graphic pictures, knowing she was an LE and media focus, house bugged, getting death threats (hence Dede and the fire extinguisher), her husband and baby gone - still acting this way... I was just thinking that perhaps like SP, she operates under a much different decision making paradigm than most people. Of course she'd get caught and of course it would make her look guilty (of many things) and for most of us be excruciatingly humiliating, yet still she does this, an inch away from discovery.

Again, it doesn't indicate that she's a murderer per se, but it makes it hard for the average person using what we'd consider normal logic to guess her motives. It makes it difficult to logically guess about what type of plan she thought was "brilliant" to make money, or what she is capable of doing with baby K in the car, or her motives for chatting with someone at the store and showing Kyron pictures pretty much in the same window of time in which he was being abducted. Unless we jump out of the rails of what seems logical to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member