The Trial When-Where -What

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seebra

Reaction score
bump for seebra

Thank you thank you thank you - I was hoping to find information from people who know more than I do about the trial process, and this is full of the info that I have been wondering about.

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Bumping this thread up for the following article ~

Report: Casey Anthony defense team to file for change of venue

7:48 PM EDT, May 3, 2009

The defense team for Casey Anthony will file for a change of venue, hoping to get the high-profile case moved out of Central Florida, according to a broadcast report Sunday evening.

The legal team, headed by Jose Baez, will file the motion today in Orange County Circuit Court, WKMG-Channel 6 is reporting.

Prosecutors have been anticipating such a filing but did not know when it would come and don't know if it will come Monday, said Randy Means, a spokesman for the State Attorney's office.

Anthony is in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony, whose remains were discovered in December, five months after Casey reported the girl missing.

more at: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-change-of-venue-050309,0,3113387.story

Searchfortruth

Reaction score
OK, maybe I should ask this question here. JB is asking for the trial to be moved to south FL, Miami is what he's hoping for I imagine. If there is a change of location, does the area the trial is moved to need to have the same demographics as the county the crime was committed in ? I am thinking a smaller community would be better as the court schueduling would be less of a hassle...and yeah, I'm praying for a conservative jury...there, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.