Not open for further replies.

Blaise

Reaction score
Still think March?

Who is gonna go?

Gonna be covered live by TruTV?

For this, I will get Tivo.

Blaise

I doubt it goes to trial that soon. My ex-husband was murdered in June 07 and it has yet to go to trial. Its suppose to be in Jan. but with all the continuances that have occured, Im not holding my breath.

Im not familliar with the speedy trial thing....if that were the case here in Illinois it sure hasnt happened!

There's still the doohickey in January to see if the attorneys are proceeding toward a trial in March. The check charges were continued until that time as well, just because it was easier to throw 'em all together for now.
(doohickey is an industry term)

I doubt it goes to trial that soon. My ex-husband was murdered in June 07 and it has yet to go to trial. Its suppose to be in Jan. but with all the continuances that have occured, Im not holding my breath.

Im not familliar with the speedy trial thing....if that were the case here in Illinois it sure hasnt happened!

I'm so sorry for you and family. Here in PA some trials are on go speedy and others take a year? Who knows about March????

I have a question. I noticed that some people on here have commented "if it gets to a trial". What does that mean? What would be some reasons why this case would never get to a trial?

Ahhhh, Tivo. Excellent idea! I was thinking I would have to quit my job to stay home and watch the trial, but I guess Tivo would be a less costly idea.

I hope it goes to trial in March, but I kinda' doubt it. I don't think JB can get all his duckies in a row that soon.

I think it is likely they will be granted a change in venue...which is likely to extend the trial date as well. There are alot of forensics in this case...and I would bet it will take a while to review it all before trial. My guess is that March is way too soon. But one can hope!

I think, if this does go to trial, that the venue will be up in the FL panhandle. Closer to Tallahassee, Pensacola or Panama City. I will be surprised if it is held in an area south of Central FL.

If I lived nearby, I would try to go for a day or two. But, I think it's going to be four, five hours drive from me.

BeagleMom

I have a question. I noticed that some people on here have commented "if it gets to a trial". What does that mean? What would be some reasons why this case would never get to a trial?

They could convince her to confess to manslaughter, or something, in exchange for something less than life in prison. I personally don't think she would agree to it, but, it's possible.

(I also think all the high-powered experts wouldn't want their time in the limelight to end so soon. So they would advise her to go to trial.)

I think what they mean is that if the evidence they found with the remains is very compelling, it might cause Casey to plead guilty and hope for a lesser sentence. I think it would have to be REALLY GOOD evidence to do that. But they might have just found that. We will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the answers. I thought that is what they meant, that IF she confessed to a lesser charge. I don't think she would ever do that either.

Casey knows what TV trials are like, IMO. They are not like the real life 'your azz is on the line' ones. On one hand, she may think that, "This just cannot be happening to me"! She has never had to face the consequences of anything she has done. But maybe Baez has told her just how bad it looks for her. I do not think that Casey will want to sit in a trial if she is offered a deal. At this point, she is probably thinking that jail is not so bad. She gets to read, order lots of goodies from the commissary, and get her lawyer visits.

I am just saying that Casey can never stand to face her own lies and dirty deeds. I think that she will take a plea if she can and avoid trial. I know that would mean that she would have to admit to being responsible for Caylee's death while she has never admitted to anything. I would think she would rather do this in a plea deal rather than see her friends and family be in court repeating the things she has lied to them about. So, brief plea deal appearance and sentencing or long, drawn out trial? I think she will plead if offered the chance. Just IMO.

Casey knows what TV trials are like, IMO. They are not like the real life 'your azz is on the line' ones. On one hand, she may think that, "This just cannot be happening to me"! She has never had to face the consequences of anything she has done. But maybe Baez has told her just how bad it looks for her. I do not think that Casey will want to sit in a trial if she is offered a deal. At this point, she is probably thinking that jail is not so bad. She gets to read, order lots of goodies from the commissary, and get her lawyer visits.

I am just saying that Casey can never stand to face her own lies and dirty deeds. I think that she will take a plea if she can and avoid trial. I know that would mean that she would have to admit to being responsible for Caylee's death while she has never admitted to anything. I would think she would rather do this in a plea deal rather than see her friends and family be in court repeating the things she has lied to them about. So, brief plea deal appearance and sentencing or long, drawn out trial? I think she will plead if offered the chance. Just IMO.

IMO, KC will take it as far as she can, she'll wait until the eleventh hour, when JB is on bended knee, begging her to take/make a plea deal, when male juror #4 isn't smiling back at her anymore since the proscecution showed the photos of Caylee's remains and when the only people left sitting in the rows of seats behind the defense is the media - maybe then? :furious:

IMO, KC will take it as far as she can, she'll wait until the eleventh hour, when JB is on bended knee, begging her to take/make a plea deal, when male juror #4 isn't smiling back at her anymore since the proscecution showed the photos of Caylee's remains and when the only people left sitting in the rows of seats behind the defense is the media - maybe then? :furious:

:furious:

I am just as infuriated about it as you are, nomoresorrow. I am infuriated and so very, very sad that little Caylee was murdered.

If I had MY way about it, there would be no plea deal and the DP would be back on the table. JB knows how the general public feels about Casey. Even Geraldo (ugh) mentioned to JB something to the effect that he had the most unpopular client in the country. Casey and her lawyer know that she is not going to come out of this without doing some serious time even if she takes a deal. I want to see Casey do LWOP.

I just do not think Casey wants to go to trial. She would have to sit there and listen to the SA and the witnesses say horrible things about her. She would have to see those photos of Caylee's remains. She loves being the center of attention but just not this way, IMO.

I just do not think Casey wants to go to trial. She would have to sit there and listen to the SA and the witnesses say horrible things about her. She would have to see those photos of Caylee's remains. She loves being the center of attention but just not this way, IMO.

I think it will be difficult for her to have to sit there quietly and not respond while all this is being said about her. But I am not so sure she will give up easily. I think people like Casey always expect "something" to happen so they will never actually have to face a consequence for their actions. Someone will bail them out just in time....or just ONE juror will see it their way.

As I've said before we should have a trial thread each day (like the NG thread) - I work at home so I already volunteered to be one that gives the blow by blow of the trial (but was overlooked a few times)- we all know it will be televised on Tru TV - every single one of the lawyer requests and bond trial, etc were televised - thats a precursor to the trial being televised (a precedence)

Granted it could be extended, the trial date - I'm hoping for March - we'll know for sure when it's reported that jury selection starts and they have to fill out one of those long questionairres

I am just as infuriated about it as you are, nomoresorrow. I am infuriated and so very, very sad that little Caylee was murdered.

If I had MY way about it, there would be no plea deal and the DP would be back on the table. JB knows how the general public feels about Casey. Even Geraldo (ugh) mentioned to JB something to the effect that he had the most unpopular client in the country. Casey and her lawyer know that she is not going to come out of this without doing some serious time even if she takes a deal. I want to see Casey do LWOP.

LaLaw, I really want you to be right on this one. I'm with ya on the LWOP. Considering the number of women who have gotten the DP and have actually been executed, I don't think that the SA would get it without any soft tissue and only skeletal remains with no indication of trauma to them and I think a jury would have a hard time with it because of her age. (JMO)

Yes - I have already thought of using my TIVO...but how will I possibly watch the entire days events in time to record the next day? Help! LOL. Guess it might be time to burn some of it to DVD and archive it to watch later. Gosh I need a life.... :crazy:

Thats why the threads and a blow by blow - plus you'll be able to see important stuff online I'm sure - when you Tivo it you can bypass commercials so that will pare it down a lot

For me I'll DVR my soaps to watch later so that I can have the trial on

LaLaw, I really want you to be right on this one. I'm with ya on the LWOP. Considering the number of women who have gotten the DP and have actually been executed, I don't think that the SA would get it without any soft tissue and only skeletal remains with no indication of trauma to them and I think a jury would have a hard time with it because of her age. (JMO)

I am sure you are right about the SA not getting a DP conviction. I think there would be a great chance of LWOP, tho. Of course, I am not a lawyer, but I can see an LWOP conviction.

Only time will tell if Casey will get a plea deal. I would rather her have to sit through a trial, but I really do not think she will if she can get a deal!

does anyone know where someone living outside the US could watch the trial?

There is a show called Courtside with Ban___ & Ford (help me out people I can't remember it exactly)
It is on our CNN headline news channel, and they always broadcast the big trials live. I think if you check into getting this show online, maybe you could watch... just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998