The Trial When-Where -What

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a show called Courtside with Ban___ & Ford (help me out people I can't remember it exactly)
It is on our CNN headline news channel, and they always broadcast the big trials live. I think if you check into getting this show online, maybe you could watch... just an idea.

thanks MrsG728, i don't wanna miss this!

There is a show called Courtside with Ban___ & Ford (help me out people I can't remember it exactly)
It is on our CNN headline news channel, and they always broadcast the big trials live. I think if you check into getting this show online, maybe you could watch... just an idea.

Banfield

I don't think the trial will take place in March. It is to soon and the defense does all kinds of things to postphone the trial date. It seems like it always happens. I would say probably a year from now especially since the body has been found along with other things.

I would faint right flat onto the floor if Casey took a plea deal. I will also faint if the Pros offers her one. I just don't think that they will. I don't think she would accept one because I don't believe that Casey thinks in a million years that she will be found guilty. She will stick to the Nanny story and depend on her table of attorneys to get her set free. She probably thinks that the jury will believe her...hasn't everyone always believed her throughout the years...and that they will send her home.

Casey probably believes that her friends including Amy will come to court and tell the jury what a wonderful person and mother she is. She doesn't understand that you can't rob people blind and expect them to still like you.
This girl lives in a different world then we do and I think she will believe that everything will work to her advantage right up to the end when the jury says...GUILTY and she gets LWOP.

Defendants have the right to a speedy trial. They frequently wave that right, esp. if they need to gather info for a defense. this time, it bit Casey in the butt. They found the remains before the non-speedy trial.

I certainly hope she has passed the point of being offered a plea deal. She has had plenty of time to tell the truth. As they say. . . she made her bed, now let her sleep in it. Her age wouldn't deter me from giving her the death penalty - depending on the evidence, which already seems very strong. She wasn't worried about Caylee's age, why should the public - I'd like to think a jury would feel the same. I also think it will be quite a while before it goes to trial. Luckily I have a brother that loves to record things from the tv. I'll get him a bunch of DVD's so I won't miss any of the trial either.

IMO, KC will take it as far as she can, she'll wait until the eleventh hour, when JB is on bended knee, begging her to take/make a plea deal, when male juror #4 isn't smiling back at her anymore since the proscecution showed the photos of Caylee's remains and when the only people left sitting in the rows of seats behind the defense is the media - maybe then? :furious:

IMO, I have doubts she will be offered a plea deal, she was offered once and refused it. I think there is a lot of anger now that the remains have been found, in that so many searchers traveled so far with the high price of gasoline and the smirkiness of her actions and body language , I think she is in deep doo-doo.

IMO, I have doubts she will be offered a plea deal, she was offered once and refused it. I think there is a lot of anger now that the remains have been found, in that so many searchers traveled so far with the high price of gasoline and the smirkiness of her actions and body language , I think she is in deep doo-doo.

Deep DEEP doo doo! I agree and think that LE is fed up. They gave her plenty of chances to plead to a lesser offense...or spill the beans...whatever. She did nothing but get more defiant. Now that everyone has seen how callously this little girl was dumped...any remaining sympathy has gone out the door. I think they will hit her and hit her hard. They will accept her guilty plea - but I doubt she will get much if any of a reduced sentence now. She has no bargaining chips or leverage left now that they have the body. Oops Casey - you waited too long.

From another angle - I don't think JB and the dream team will want a plea. I think they relish the idea of a trial. More face time for them. I think they will convince Casey she has a fair shot at an acquittal.

I am being petty and greedy here but I am going to be so angry if there isn't a trial. I want KC to have to sit and face all that she has put so many through because of her selfish acts. I want justice for Caylee and anything short of a trial (plea bargain or guilty plea) would not be justice for Caylee. KC likes being the center of attention so I want her to really have the spot light on her selfish self. Do others feel this way or am just being petty.

Any of you with experience have a guess on how long this trial will take? Are we talking OJ-proportions here? Or a week or two?

I think it is likely they will be granted a change in venue...which is likely to extend the trial date as well. There are alot of forensics in this case...and I would bet it will take a while to review it all before trial. My guess is that March is way too soon. But one can hope!

Court also could deny the change of venue, instead looking to another county for jurors.
The county of choice would remain undisclosed.
Jurors from another county would be bussed in.
This case has cost OC so much, maybe getting the pool of jurors from another county would be the way to go....save a bit on cost for OC.
From OC perspective, picking jurors from another county would probably be cheaper than the state picking up the tab for all the defense and their experts to be put up in a nice hotel in another county for the duration of the trial ala Scott Peterson Trial.

I am being petty and greedy here but I am going to be so angry if there isn't a trial. I want KC to have to sit and face all that she has put so many through because of her selfish acts. I want justice for Caylee and anything short of a trial (plea bargain or guilty plea) would not be justice for Caylee. KC likes being the center of attention so I want her to really have the spot light on her selfish self. Do others feel this way or am just being petty.

Tammy,
If you are being petty then so am I and for the same reasons you state.
I feel very badly for the people who will have to get on that stand, just because of their short association with Casey but for Caylee to receive justice, it's something they have to do.

I think the trial will last for 2-3 weeks- JMO
And I have a feeling they may move it to Naples Florida- south Florida- theres been a few moved to Naples where they didnt think someone could get a fair trial - this is just my thoughts-

Is there anyone on this forum that plans on taping the trial either on a vcr tape or dvd?

I think the trial will last for 2-3 weeks- JMO
And I have a feeling they may move it to Naples Florida- south Florida- theres been a few moved to Naples where they didnt think someone could get a fair trial - this is just my thoughts-

The defense would undoubtedly be happy with Naples. A good number of older and highly educated men would almost assuredly be available for voir dire.

I think, if this does go to trial, that the venue will be up in the FL panhandle. Closer to Tallahassee, Pensacola or Panama City. I will be surprised if it is held in an area south of Central FL.

If I lived nearby, I would try to go for a day or two. But, I think it's going to be four, five hours drive from me.

BeagleMom

I live in Orlando, so if there is no change of venue (fat chance, in my opinion) I will definitely go. My parents live in Destin (FL panhandle) so if it is there, I will go. Anywhere else, I doubt I'll be able to go, but I'll be glued to TRU TV!

As I've said before we should have a trial thread each day (like the NG thread) - I work at home so I already volunteered to be one that gives the blow by blow of the trial (but was overlooked a few times)- we all know it will be televised on Tru TV - every single one of the lawyer requests and bond trial, etc were televised - thats a precursor to the trial being televised (a precedence)

Granted it could be extended, the trial date - I'm hoping for March - we'll know for sure when it's reported that jury selection starts and they have to fill out one of those long questionairres
I'll have to look at the last trial. I think we had a thread for each day of testimony and then separate threads for important information and topics that come out in trial.

As soon as we hear of a jury questionnaire and the hint of jury selection - expect the trial to start in about a month after - so far nothing has been reported to either of these

I'm surprised that JB has taken so long to file for a change of venue - this should have been done on the onset of the arrest in Oct. Unfortunately JB tends to do things last minute and then wonders why the judge shoots it down, like yesterday with the waiver - he filed the waiver right before the trial started - um hello, Mr. Baez, file these waivers at least three days prior to get processed - I thought doing things in advance because it's ALL so important is common knowledge

When SA took the death penalty off the table, there was talk that they had 45 days to put it back on the table.

Any idea how many days have passed since SA took the DP off the table?

I'm wondering if the window to re-apply the death penalty has expired.

When SA took the death penalty off the table, there was talk that they had 45 days to put it back on the table.

Any idea how many days have passed since SA took the DP off the table?

I'm wondering if the window to re-apply the death penalty has expired.

I think it was the first week in December. Around December 6th, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361