The Trial When-Where -What

Status
Not open for further replies.
When SA took the death penalty off the table, there was talk that they had 45 days to put it back on the table.

Any idea how many days have passed since SA took the DP off the table?

I'm wondering if the window to re-apply the death penalty has expired.

I think it was taken off the first week in Decemeber. Around the 6th, maybe.

There was a young attorney on CNN yesterday that said the trial won't happen for a few years. :eek:

I think it was taken off the first week in Decemeber. Around the 6th, maybe.

I didn't realize it was fairly recently removed.

If that in fact is the date it was taken off the table, the prosecution would
only have a week to a week and a half to put it back into motion.

Does anyone think they will in fact put the death penalty back on the table?

And, is it simply a matter of filing paperwork to the courts to advise that they are in fact going to go back to the death penalty charges??

I think this is the only way Casey may plea..If she thought she may be put to death.

There was a young attorney on CNN yesterday that said the trial won't happen for a few years. :eek:

I don't see that at all - I don't see Casey sitting in prison, in solitary, for a few years just waiting and waiting and waiting - and I don't see these experts waiting and waiting and waiting and I don't see the State waiting and waiting and waiting

This trial will happen this spring - I believe next week we have one of the pre-trial hearings??? the March date is the biggie, where they argue what evidence will be allowed or not......

Casey will be in the rest of the motion and pre-trial hearings - unless JB didn't get spanked hard enough for this last one

My husband & I were planning to drive to Florida to help search with TES, back when they were preparing for the big search. We decided to donate instead.

My husband works overseas. (Near Dubai) He works one month straight & then gets one month off.

We live in Texas, and I want to go to the trial. I know it is pre-mature but I would like to go, & see justice for Our Precious Caylee.

My husband & I were planning to drive to Florida to help search with TES, back when they were preparing for the big search. We decided to donate instead.

My husband works overseas. (Near Dubai) He works one month straight & then gets one month off.

We live in Texas, and I want to go to the trial. I know it is pre-mature but I would like to go, & see justice for Our Precious Caylee.

I'm sure with this trial as the other big ones - there will be a lottery for seats - so there will be no guarantee on anyne getting a seat unless you win a lottery seat

How long was the Peterson trial? A few weeks? I think this trial will probably be about a month, month and a half - there is so much to cover - with experts, family, friends, acquaintences, prior employers, phantom employers, there are a lot of people involved THEN the defense doing cross, and their own experts, family - then recalls and maybe visits to scenes - THEN jury deliberation - this will be some trial

I'm sure with this trial as the other big ones - there will be a lottery for seats - so there will be no guarantee on anyne getting a seat unless you win a lottery seat

Ugg..I suck with any Lottery :praying:

I don't see that at all - I don't see Casey sitting in prison, in solitary, for a few years just waiting and waiting and waiting - and I don't see these experts waiting and waiting and waiting and I don't see the State waiting and waiting and waiting

This trial will happen this spring - I believe next week we have one of the pre-trial hearings??? the March date is the biggie, where they argue what evidence will be allowed or not......

Casey will be in the rest of the motion and pre-trial hearings - unless JB didn't get spanked hard enough for this last one

Thanks Trac,

Yesterday, during the motions hearing, I heard at one point Baez mention the trial beginning in March and then the prosecutors said "No we don't have that on the calendar". They went back & forth with the Judge on that but the sound became weak for me and I really didn't get the rest of it. I think the prosecution thinks it will start around Fall and the defense thinks Spring...I hope for Spring actually! Did you hear them mention the pre-trial hearings begin in March?

the SA yesterday balked at jb suggestion that there was a date in March...she seemed to imply there won't be a trial for a bit of a time due to the overwhelming evidence in the case.....:mad:

In the last hearing, the judge DID set a tentative trial date for March, pending a hearing that was supposed to take place next week, but which the SA agreed to combine into the hearing yesterday. That was the discussion they were having. There was no date set in March, only a tentative understanding that the court was asking if both sides could be ready by March. I guess the discussion ended with a "no."

I live in Orlando, so if there is no change of venue (fat chance, in my opinion) I will definitely go. My parents live in Destin (FL panhandle) so if it is there, I will go. Anywhere else, I doubt I'll be able to go, but I'll be glued to TRU TV!

ITA. If it's in Orlando, which I totally don't think it's going to be, I'll be there each and every day. Already saving up vacation time for it! If it's outside of Orlando, I'll be situated on my couch, in sweatpants, all alone so that I can yell at the TV as loudly as I want to or cry as much as I want to, all by myself with no interruptions.

ETA: I think it'll be at least fall before it goes to trial, personally. Probably later. They haven't even put together a final report on the car forensics, according to the SA.

Where am I ?????

I think a good venue for this case and this attorney would be an urban area of Miami. These areas are not all that friendly to cops and would be more receptive to the 'framed' version of the likely coming defense. IF I WERE THEM, which I am not. :)

LaLaw, I really want you to be right on this one. I'm with ya on the LWOP. Considering the number of women who have gotten the DP and have actually been executed, I don't think that the SA would get it without any soft tissue and only skeletal remains with no indication of trauma to them and I think a jury would have a hard time with it because of her age. (JMO)

We didn't have any problem getting the DP for SP here in San Mateo...with not near the evidence as this case.

I think a lot depends on the city and the jury pool. Somebody said say she is too pretty....good grief!

Who was that young blond teacher with the young boy down there that was also a TOO pretty to be convicted.?....they gave her house arrest. :eek:

Where am I ?????

I think a good venue for this case and this attorney would be an urban area of Miami. These areas are not all that friendly to cops and would be more receptive to the 'framed' version of the likely coming defense.

Yeah, like downtown L.A southside. and the Simpson Case.

He was supposed to be tried in Santa Monica....but they got a change of venue....Grrrrrrr

The first thing they do is look at the demographics of the city. education levels and home owners, professions, age, etc.

ITA. If it's in Orlando, which I totally don't think it's going to be, I'll be there each and every day. Already saving up vacation time for it! If it's outside of Orlando, I'll be situated on my couch, in sweatpants, all alone so that I can yell at the TV as loudly as I want to or cry as much as I want to, all by myself with no interruptions.

ETA: I think it'll be at least fall before it goes to trial, personally. Probably later. They haven't even put together a final report on the car forensics, according to the SA.

I really wish Strickland would not have given in to Baez on the original charges. He told Baez he could wait till after the murder trial. This leaves kc sitting in her comfort zone for 2 yrs...when she could be in state prison. I bet they would push for a speedy trial, is she was sitting her arsh in the Big House. Protective custody in prison is not anything like she has now. She would be demanding to go to the main line.

Yeah, like downtown L.A southside. and the Simpson Case.

He was supposed to be tried in Santa Monica....but they got a change of venue....Grrrrrrr

Yes and in that case I was furious. Real steamed.:furious:

I'm having trouble with this case. <groan> :(

IMO, KC will take it as far as she can, she'll wait until the eleventh hour, when JB is on bended knee, begging her to take/make a plea deal, when male juror #4 isn't smiling back at her anymore since the proscecution showed the photos of Caylee's remains and when the only people left sitting in the rows of seats behind the defense is the media - maybe then? :furious:

She'll NEVER admit it. It'll make her look bad. She can't have that. No matter the circumstances and writing on the wall as to her guilt, she'll never, ever admit that she murdered her baby. Ain't gonna happen.

Which is where my fantasies come into play and I just imagine the foreperson standing up and reading off the first count, with a verdict of GUILTY, and then the second count, with a verdict of GUILTY, and then the thir... well you get the point. And at the very end of my very elaborate fantasy, JB asks for the jury to be polled and one by one each answer is a resounding GUILTY.

Aaahhh, it's nice to dream. It keeps hope alive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong