The Trial When-Where -What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answers. I thought that is what they meant, that IF she confessed to a lesser charge. I don't think she would ever do that either.

I think they're going to up the charges. I also think that once the State does this, she'll be offered LWOP and take it. Florida will execute her, and her attorney knows this.

I have a question. I noticed that some people on here have commented "if it gets to a trial". What does that mean? What would be some reasons why this case would never get to a trial?

If she decided to plead guilty, then there might not be one, other than a sentencing. But don't hold your breath.

I don't this this case will ever make it to trial, unfortunately. I this she already has or will make a plea.:bang:

How long was the Peterson trial? A few weeks? I think this trial will probably be about a month, month and a half - there is so much to cover - with experts, family, friends, acquaintences, prior employers, phantom employers, there are a lot of people involved THEN the defense doing cross, and their own experts, family - then recalls and maybe visits to scenes - THEN jury deliberation - this will be some trial
Gosh the Peterson trial was more like 5 months wasn't it? Seems like we posted about it forever.

Gosh the Peterson trial was more like 5 months wasn't it? Seems like we posted about it forever.
-----------------
Yes it was about 5 months.I am long in the tooth and kept praying I'd live long enough to see the end ~~~~~here I go again!!! LOL.

I read in one of the Orlando papers or from a link posted here from one of the news stations, that JB said his client wanted a speedy trial. That was stated within the past 2-3 days at most. Must be she thinks she's going to walk?
Another point being discussed here is change of venue, didn't JB whisper to the judge at the end of the hearing the other day, asking for a change of venue?
JVM brought up the point that she is pretty, Lias B. said how does she get her hair to look so good as an inmate. Then discussion took place about her swaying and wooing JB with her smiles. JVM said let's ask the male talking head for his opinion.b
Another male attorney brought up the fact that there is sympathy for her, all you have to do is look at the amts. being added to her commissary acct. I worry about the potential male jurors falling for her sweet deceiving ways.
Hope they put all old ladies like me on the jury. She's made me :crazy:, but she ain't fooling me.

-----------------
Yes it was about 5 months.I am long in the tooth and kept praying I'd live long enough to see the end ~~~~~here I go again!!! LOL.
I am right there with you Nore. Seems like we followed SP for 5 years.There was so much information to cover.
Remember the how long in the tooth thread? We'll have to remember to start one of those after the trial when it goes to the jury.

In reference to DesSands speedy trial - per the docket it shows:
12/11/2008 COUNSEL PRESENT - JOSE BAEZ. DEFENDANT WAIVES RIGHT TO SPEEDY TRIAL. IMO I don't see KC settling for any plea.

The trial. I am wondering when this will go to trial. As much confusion as there seems to be almost on a daily basis .... can you imagine a serious delay -- and then try to get people to remember details.

I don't really see Casey doing a plea. Why should she at this point? It seems to be jump ball.

Some of us have made the comment 'if this ever goes to trial' and I guess that is part of wishing it would plead out and the sinking feeling of wondering if this will just collapse into mass confusion and linger on and on. Like go to trial in a couple years. <groan> It will go to trial. No plea = trial.

Change of venue. Most likely. Remember the Casey is innocent tip line? Can you imagine the hostile calls they can harvest off that puppy!!!

It would seem that any time delay would work in Casey's favor ... but ultimately who really knows. People are just exhausted with this case already. lol

(YAWN) Anybody want to talk about the trial over coffee??

Because of the time crunch and the lack of information given to the defense, I really doubt we will see a trial in March. I am thinking they will ask for a change of venue and probably it will be allowed, there is no way anyone could get a fair trial in Orlando because the it has been so heavily covered by the press and the emotions run very high there. Just a feeling ,,

Because of the time crunch and the lack of information given to the defense, I really doubt we will see a trial in March. I am thinking they will ask for a change of venue and probably it will be allowed, there is no way anyone could get a fair trial in Orlando because the it has been so heavily covered by the press and the emotions run very high there. Just a feeling ,,

Yeah, I have the same feeling.

Did you see the thread (briefly,lol) yesterday regarding her looks having changed and how that will effect a jury when trial does arrive. It was very interesting - for awhile anyways. Can't wait to see what she actually does look like at trial. :D

Wait until she's convicted....right now she may like the OSCO jail...they seem to have treated her pretty well, kept her separate from the others, etc...GP in a prison will be a totally new experience for her...

I am right there with you Nore. Seems like we followed SP for 5 years.There was so much information to cover.
Remember the how long in the tooth thread? We'll have to remember to start one of those after the trial when it goes to the jury.

I'm from CA, BUT I was living in MD when all this happened - so I didn't follow it as closely - I didn't know this site existed back then, but then I was working a full time job and running my own business at night and trying to do everything else with two pre teens so my plate was full!

I do remember being off the day of the verdict - the girls and I were in the car, it was pouring rain, we were going into the grocery store but waited in the car listening for the verdict

With the OJ trial I followed it each night

THIS case/trial is much different and I'm obviously following it much closer than normal (as my Dad puts it - I'm a bit obsessed - not really, this could happen to any of us with young adult females who are stunted emotionally)

ACTUALLY this case is really making me consider into working as a paralegal or with the courts (when the city/state finally lifts the darn hiring freeze!)

I think this trial will be this year, possibly late spring AND change of venue - IF JB has his paperwork in order, which by past experiences he does NOT seem to do - I don't know - Clearwater maybe, or Gainesville maybe St. Petersburg

I think this trial will be this year, possibly late spring AND change of venue - IF JB has his paperwork in order, which by past experiences he does NOT seem to do - I don't know - Clearwater maybe, or Gainesville maybe St. Petersburg

I hope it's in northeast Florida, like Duval, Clay, Nassua or St. Johns county, then I could go everyday!!!:)

I'm from CA, BUT I was living in MD when all this happened - so I didn't follow it as closely - I didn't know this site existed back then, but then I was working a full time job and running my own business at night and trying to do everything else with two pre teens so my plate was full!

I do remember being off the day of the verdict - the girls and I were in the car, it was pouring rain, we were going into the grocery store but waited in the car listening for the verdict

With the OJ trial I followed it each night

THIS case/trial is much different and I'm obviously following it much closer than normal (as my Dad puts it - I'm a bit obsessed - not really, this could happen to any of us with young adult females who are stunted emotionally)

ACTUALLY this case is really making me consider into working as a paralegal or with the courts (when the city/state finally lifts the darn hiring freeze!)
Up until the Caylee case, the largest number of users we had online at one time on this site was the day of the Peterson verdict. we all listened together after dissecting the case and then the trial and testimony for months and months. It was a very exciting moment.

Okay I a no lawyer so I have to ask, can KC still change her plea to guilty? If so does the state have to accept it? She let this go to far and I don't want the state making any deals with her. She should have thought about that along time ago.

Okay I a no lawyer so I have to ask, can KC still change her plea to guilty? If so does the state have to accept it? She let this go to far and I don't want the state making any deals with her. She should have thought about that along time ago.

State would love to make a deal with her any time and place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn