The Trial When-Where -What

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have TIVO and might have to get another one for this trial if it is televised. Got hubby stick on GH soap...lol so I cant record something in its place. Not meaning that a soap opera is more important to him then this case, however he is getting very involved in this case now... He says that he believes in an eye for an eye in this case.

I'm hoping it is in the summer of fall, and that it gets moved to Alachua or Levy county. I want to attend, and I'll be saving my vacation time up. :D

Up until the Caylee case, the largest number of users we had online at one time on this site was the day of the Peterson verdict. we all listened together after dissecting the case and then the trial and testimony for months and months. It was a very exciting moment.

I have a feeling it might be worse during this case - there should be a definate daily rant thread! LOL

If anyone is planning on going to the trial, wherever it is - there will be a lottery for seats - and the seats will be limited because of press, family, team paralegals, and law school students will get first grabs

State would love to make a deal with her any time and place.

Really? They tried earlier ans she refused. Why would they want to make another deal? Again I am no lawyer just curious why you think this.

Really? They tried earlier ans she refused. Why would they want to make another deal? Again I am no lawyer just curious why you think this.

Saves a ton of money and grief. They would prefer a plea. I understand via rumor that she turned a plea down earlier.

I hope the trial is moved to the Florida panhandle. Okaloosa, Walton, Santa Rosa, or Escambia county... I'd put my name in the hat for the lottery for sure. I think the trial could happen by the end of the year, but thinking it will prolly be sometime early 2010.

I live in Orlando, so if there is no change of venue (fat chance, in my opinion) I will definitely go. My parents live in Destin (FL panhandle) so if it is there, I will go. Anywhere else, I doubt I'll be able to go, but I'll be glued to TRU TV!

I think that a change of venue is a certainty. The Orlando 6 reporter has garunteed JB a great argument for the change based on the "sources close to the investigation say they have overwhelming evidence that Casey is guilty of intentioanlly murdering her daughter." story.

Question:

If this case goes to trial ... no plea on Casey Anthony's part...

If a hung jury is the result of the trial - would the prosecution try her again??

Question:

If this case goes to trial ... no plea on Casey Anthony's part...

If a hung jury is the result of the trial - would the prosecution try her again??
Too hard to say right now, imo.
It is up to the SA, but it depends entirely on the evidence and why the jurors say they were hung.
It could be they would retry her on lesser charges or decide if a new trial could fill the holes that kept a jury from convicting her in the first place.

If they think they have the goods to convict her, then they would absolutely retry her and would hopefully listen to what the jurors from the first trial have to say.

Too hard to say right now, imo.
It is up to the SA, but it depends entirely on the evidence and why the jurors say they were hung.
It could be they would retry her on lesser charges or decide if a new trial could fill the holes that kept a jury from convicting her in the first place.

If they think they have the goods to convict her, then they would absolutely retry her and would hopefully listen to what the jurors from the first trial have to say.

Thanks!!! :)

I think they most likely have the goods to convict first time - but there is concern over numerous issues that just one or two jurors could balk.

If they seat an emotional jury - it will convict. Not so emotional - who knows.

I think it will be difficult for her to have to sit there quietly and not respond while all this is being said about her. But I am not so sure she will give up easily. I think people like Casey always expect "something" to happen so they will never actually have to face a consequence for their actions. Someone will bail them out just in time....or just ONE juror will see it their way.
I agree, I think it the deep of her mind, she thinks she is going to be rescued/(baez) the knight in shining armor. These type of people just truly do not think they have done anything wrong, but will indeed, act the part of the "poor me". I am guessing she is going to lay some bs on thick, like she was molested by GA or LA or some other crap to get the jurors to feel sorry for her. This is a game to her and I do not see her as caving into a deal. I think she is going to maintain the "innocent" act because she really believes she is innocent. She is a game player and she doesn't realize that no matter what she does she is still the loser. She thinks she still has an ace in the hole. I do hope they go to trial though, America has pretty much adopted little Caylee and we want to see Casey get nailed to wall.

On Jan 16, 2009 on Greta during an interview KC's attorney JB he was ask if he would be filing for a change of Venue, JB stated that it would be expected within the next month.

Greta ask about JB filing for a speedy trial, JB stated that if he filed for a speedy trial in Florida it would signify that the defense had completed their discovery and is ready for trial.

Thanks!!! :)

I think they most likely have the goods to convict first time - but there is concern over numerous issues that just one or two jurors could balk.

If they seat an emotional jury - it will convict. Not so emotional - who knows.

I have my fingers crossed that any jury, emotional or otherwise, can put all the facts (or even lack thereof) together much as the jury that sat on the Hans Reiser trial did.

There wasn't much forensic evidence presented at that trial (a tiny speck of blood on a pillar in his house & on a sleeping bag in his car), but there was much in the way of circumstantial evidence (including the outlandish incredulous lies that Hans told & his very 'hinky' behavior after his estranged wife's disappearance). He also didn't help his case any with his courtroom outbursts. They didn't even have a body when he was convicted, and as noted in an article @ cnet.com:

"Jurors had to choose between Reiser's strained version of events and the plain conclusion that he was lying."

Apparently, they chose the latter. Hans Reiser faces a sentence of 25 years to life in prison.

Well, he was facing 25-life for FDM, but a few days after the trial, he led police to Nina's body. It was about a 1/2 mile from his home, just off a jogging trail.

He got 15-25 years at sentencing.

Hopefully jurors' can come to this conclusion, so succinctly stated in a comment to an article on sfgate.com:

"Murder happens when a person lacks the strength needed to resist their rage, and not because that person has the guts to carry out the morally reprehensible."

It's obvious by the 14-Aug-08 jail visit that KC is capable of raging.

IMO, KC's going down.

I heard an attorney say a couple of weeks back that it would be surprising if this trial would come about before 2010.. I don't remember all his reasons for thinking that, but part of it was because the defense has not put their case together as yet.
As for her being offered a plea bargain, that was before she was indicted for murder, was it not? IIRC, the case had not yet gone before the grand jury... I could be wrong. Would it surprise everyone if she took a plea now? I think I would be only mildly surprised if that happened. I'm not sure Baez has her totally convinced that he can get her acquitted. Surely he is not that stupid.

I think it is Baez's duty to convince her that she WILL be found guilty.
The defence task is to lessen exactly WHAT she is found guilty of.
She is a dreamer, and may well imagine that "one day" she will pick up partying, phones, facebook, and boys etc., but that is all gone for ever. Baez needs to convince her of that.

Like everyone I want this to get to trial and get over with. I've heard it may not go until 2010 also, as there is no hurry on the part of the defense. They are investigating. Letting it go will surely create more chaos (the desired effect I guess) with people remembering what they actually testified to, memory of events and most likely some turmoil amongst witnesses. I hope it goes soon - thats all I know. Help!!!!!!
waiting.gif

The longer the defense waits the greater the chance that witnesses memories won't be as fresh. This is what the defense wants. They want to be able to poke holes in the prosecution's witnesses testimony. The downside of that for the defense is that KC sit in the county jail longer. Although, I'm sure it was presented to her in a way to make her realize that 2 years in the county jail is nothing compared to a life time in a state penitentiary.

Don't you think any defence has got to have as a key foundation stone a plausible description and explanation of an event on or around 16th June when KC handed over/lost control of Caylee?
ZFG is complete nonsense. As a foundation the case falls over from the outset.

I think it is Baez's duty to convince her that she WILL be found guilty.
The defence task is to lessen exactly WHAT she is found guilty of.
She is a dreamer, and may well imagine that "one day" she will pick up partying, phones, facebook, and boys etc., but that is all gone for ever. Baez needs to convince her of that.

ITA but casey is, as you say, a dreamer - and i'm starting to honestly believe that jose baez enjoys the apparent hero worship too much to admit the truth and look like anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson