The Two Faces of Terri Horman:Hinky Meter

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by matou, Nov 17, 2010.

1. matou

matou #los2188

Valhall's new blog post on the Hinky Meter includes some comments from Nov 16th where Terri Horman's facebook statements are contradictory to the emails she sent to friends about 2 months before Kyron went missing. In her facebook comments, Terri admits to spending a lot of her time on gaming and playing a game called World of Warcraft, as well as some other surprising statements. We are able to discuss this blog post here as well as the facebook comments referred to in this blog post.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/17/kyron-horman-case-the-two-faces-of-terri/

2. Loading...

3. ami

ami New Member

How funny! I have that exact blog post open on the other tab and just finished reading it about 60 seconds ago!

eta: also, yep, it follows what people are writing about in the other thread re: extreme hatred, etc., and Terri making things look different on the outside than they really are.

4. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

The comparison between the recenly published email and what she was writing on her FB are compelling. Will the real Terri please stand up?!!

5. matou

matou #los2188

I was just reading about WoW (World of Warcraft) am I'm shocked that she was playing that since I associate that type of game with teenage boys but then again I hate video games. This type of game requires payment: from [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft"]Wikipedia[/ame]
    "World of Warcraft requires the player to pay for a subscription, either by buying prepaid game cards for a selected amount of playing time, or by using a credit or debit card to pay on a regular basis."

JMO but why is she blowing her cash on video games and complaining about money?

6. miabellamoure

miabellamoure New Member

bbm

I believe that would require honesty, integrity & human compassion...of which I have not seen ANY demonstrated by Terri Horman.

7. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

She definitely presents two faces. I hope no one sees this post as me tooting my own horn, but I was fooled by her facebook for the first 24 hours after Kyron went missing. Then I read it over and over again, and things really started popping out at me.

My post on June 5, 2010, 2:52 PM Central:

As I had more time, I really dove into her FB and found things that raised my alarm about her. (Emma, remember my PhD in Hormanology? Ha.) By day two of Kyron going missing, I posted this:

So yeah, on the surface, you see a loving mother who seems to dote on her kids. But as you peel back the thin veil, you see a mother who favored one child over the other, who lied for appearance sake, who had anger issues. I admit I was fooled in the beginning...gave her the benefit of a doubt, but as I read more and more of her facebook, noted the snarky comments about Kyron, noted how everything with her seemed to be hollow--I looked at it again and began to see the other side of this woman.

8. scandi

scandi New Member

Great post Puf, in fact a keeper for reference. xox

9. BringKyronHome

BringKyronHome New Member

That's a pretty typical alcoholic trait...make everything look good on the outside.

Think of how many people you know that have problems, and how many people don't know that they do. Alcoholics may be in some form of denial about their how severe their problem is or how it is affecting their family, but on many levels they know the shame and stigma that is associated with it.

Not 100% conscious...but most will cover their tracts and overcompensate to maintain the illusion that their problem is not really a problem. In fact more often than not, because they are trying so hard to look as though they are doing a good job, they make themselves completely unbelievable to those of us that are still firmly in touch with reality.

10. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

I agree with you 100% - especially after watching some of those hoarder shows. People who look completely normal on the outside and yet, their house is a mess on the inside (metaphor intended..:) )

11. pufnstuf

Maybe... but it also may be the pathological liar side of her.

Saying that she doesn't have a TV all the while claiming that CSI and Dexter are her favorite shows, AND having photos of her FB of a big-screen LCD TV hanging on the wall.

Why lie? Who cares if she has TV or not?

12. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

I watch my fav shows that I have listed on fb on youtube :biglaugh:

we only have a tv for dvd's, we dont pay for tv licence because we dont watch tv and they told me they come and check from outside and it's a huge fine if we're caught :blushing: only we're nevr caught cause we really never watch.

13. ladonna

ladonna New Member

Hasn't it been said that Kaine also played WOW.

14. pufnstuf

Yeah, and J. too. Can't link this, though, because it's based on Terri's FB before it was made private.

15. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

I can't help feeling that if she did all that housework, all that yardwork, all that volunteering, all that facebooking, all that computer gaming, all that gym training she must have had a few more hours to her day than I do. Particularly if she spent a significant part of her time passed out on the couch.

16. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

I agree with you, but it's not just teenage boys. My husband and I also play WOW. Just wanted to point that out. Also, it's only $15 bucks on month, hardly blowing cash on it. You do have to buy the download for the game, and my husband got the Collector's Edition for both us, so that was more expensive, but it's a one time buy. I guess if you're spending a lot of money in the online WOW store, that can get out hand. That'd be the only way I can see someone blowing money in an online MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game).

Buying video games can get quite expensive as well, especially new games (60 bucks a pop or a lot more if it's one of those Collector's edition games). I do get your point though. She can't complain about not having money if she's spending it in ways she shouldn't be. If we were tight on money, we'd cancel our WOW accounts. Gaming is not more important than staying financially afloat, especially not in this economy.

It would be really sad if she was choosing WOW over the welfare of her herself and her children.

17. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

If Kaine is correct, the drinking is only the tip of the iceberg, and not the main problem. He believes that there is a personality disorder.

18. mmmagique

mmmagique Deliver us from evil

FR: I'm afraid she already has. I really wish she wouldn't have.

19. mmmagique

mmmagique Deliver us from evil

I think many (if not most) of us blow our cash on something frivolous but still can complain about money. Well, at least I do!

20. For The Kids

For The Kids New Member

Erm I am a 41 year old female and play World of Warcraft. My husband is 44. In my guild alone there are 8 females..all over 20. We have a 50 year old guy in our guild..and one of our members father in law plays who is 68 years of age. From my experience as a guild leader due to the fact that this game has been out 5 years or so now..a lot really arent teenagers who play it now. And yes commonly the money is deducted once a month for the subscription.

Incidentally..i can say one thing....one thing i hate about wow when a guy finds out your female..they can change towards you and think cause your female your fair game..and i do wonder if Terri ever took advantage of that.

21. pufnstuf

This is very interesting, FTK. By fair game, do you mean that they think you're available sexually?

Terri met with members of her guild, I think, because she had a photo in her FB of her with other WOW members.

I really don't know much about this game and am glad that you are here to explain some of it to us. Might be worthy of a thread if you have time sometime.