The Two Faces of Terri Horman:Hinky Meter

This is very interesting, FTK. By fair game, do you mean that they think you're available sexually?

Terri met with members of her guild, I think, because she had a photo in her FB of her with other WOW members.

I really don't know much about this game and am glad that you are here to explain some of it to us. Might be worthy of a thread if you have time sometime.

Many people do use MMORPG's for meeting people. I have a friend who met her husband that way. You can chat while playing the game as there is a chat window on your screen, so it's possible to talk and connect with people as you play. I don't personally use it as a dating service, but I can see Terri using it, thinking she's going to land some wealthy geek and not have to work anymore. Hmmmm...

I can also offer much info about WOW and other MMORPG's if anyone wants me to.

This is very interesting, FTK. By fair game, do you mean that they think you're available sexually?

Terri met with members of her guild, I think, because she had a photo in her FB of her with other WOW members.

I really don't know much about this game and am glad that you are here to explain some of it to us. Might be worthy of a thread if you have time sometime.

Well for a fact..a lot of women wow players cyber sex with men players...and in my experience a lot of women just act plain easy on there and yes there are guild meetings where you can all meet up but..i know of men that have been in relationships..with other people that play wow and have still gone to meet females on there own. I know of one woman who demanded all men in there guild put a pic up of themselves and she would then go after them if they was decent looking. It just makes it harder on those of us who arent like that :(

Another thing about wow is we have raids...which typically is 10 or 25 people killing bosses for maybe 4 hours a night. To do this we use Ventrillo/Teamtalk which is like Skype..and ofc these people can use this as a means of getting to know others..which could be handy if Kaine was in bed.

I also know of several people who have met through Wow and are now in relationships even though there in different countries.

Many people do use MMORPG's for meeting people. I have a friend who met her husband that way. You can chat while playing the game as there is a chat window on your screen, so it's possible to talk and connect with people as you play. I don't personally use it as a dating service, but I can see Terri using it, thinking she's going to land some wealthy geek and not have to work anymore. Hmmmm...

The other thing to add about this..not only can you chat in Guild/raid/party/trade/say you can also private message people so that no one apart from the other person knows what your talking about..which again makes it secretive if you want it to be for whatever reason.

All I can say, is from the beginning, I noticed that in pictures of her, it hits me that her face seriously looks like two people living in there. just sayin'

IMO JMO :cow:

The other thing to add about this..not only can you chat in Guild/raid/party/trade/say you can also private message people so that no one apart from the other person knows what your talking about..which again makes it secretive if you want it to be for whatever reason.

This is really fascinating (and quite frankly, I'm kinda interested in checking out the game - it sounds like fun). I wonder, just based on the texts and emails we've read of Terri's, if she isn't just the sort of person to use the online medium as a way of getting attention - either sympathy or sexual attention. It sounds like it could have been another outlet for her.

I also wonder if she and Kaine played together...or if they just both played in their own team/league, etc.

Thanks, guys, for the info about WOW. I hope that someone starts a thread about it. Might have to do it in the downstairs, though? Maybe a mod can tell us if it's a topic we can discuss.

I know that Elisa and Adam Baker met through IMVU. Again... I don't know much about it, but it seems that a lot of people meet on line these days.

I think it would be a good topic--I'd like to know what all can be done via WOW. Might be another dimension to Terri that we've not discussed yet.

Thanks for your input.

This is really fascinating (and quite frankly, I'm kinda interested in checking out the game - it sounds like fun). I wonder, just based on the texts and emails we've read of Terri's, if she isn't just the sort of person to use the online medium as a way of getting attention - either sympathy or sexual attention. It sounds like it could have been another outlet for her.

I also wonder if she and Kaine played together...or if they just both played in their own team/league, etc.

Basically each " team" of members is called a Guild. Yes....on the realm i am on at least there are attention seekers...and yes people will generally listen to them. WoW really is a good game and shortly the expansion is coming out which will make some changes to the game..so will be interesting. My friends mother has never played a online game before and wasnt used to computers. She was 55 and made a character and she loves it. She loves the interaction with other players and says we are like her family so for people who maybe cant get out much or dont know many people..its great even for the social side of it.

I'd like to say something about the World of Warcraft issue. I play. lol

Level 80 Undead Warlock. It's a cheap fun get away and there's actually lots of positive about playing the game. It builds team work (if you get in a good mature guild) and it helps with eye/hand VEP issues. (I have a neuromuscular disorder that is slowing my muscular response...I actually told my doc that I play and he said that was a good way to keep my dendrites growing! lol)

I'm speaking out on this because the game itself is not "bad". And I've seen it used as a negative in the big ledger against people like Roy Kronk (i.e. it shows he doesn't know reality from fantasy - which is utter tripe) and Terri. In Terri's case, I can say that there appears to be a negative issue with the amount of time she spent on the computer - irrespective of whether it was games or blogging or Facebooking, etc....bein's she had a teenage son, and two small children in her care.

Things are always relative and usually have to be taken on a case-by-case basis. The game can be addictive and I have personally met people in-game who I wonder if they even ever shower (lol). But as someone pointed out before, we all have hobbies and passtimes and WoW is a cheap fun passtime. $15/month to get together with friends, unite in a common goal, solve quests, defeat the "bad forces" and just have fun. You would be surprised at the OLDER, and established people who play WoW. Doctors, lawyers and Indian Chiefs...I've met them....know several in real life.

Just wanted to shed a little light on a misunderstood passtime that apparently somewhere around 11.5 million people enjoy (that's the latest count of active subscribers I can find).

She was 55 and made a character and she loves it. She loves the interaction with other players and says we are like her family so for people who maybe cant get out much or dont know many people..its great even for the social side of it.

*respectfully snipped*

And this is something else I'd like to say. I met a dear sweet young man in-game in a previous guild I was in who lived in Australia. He was 23 years old and more severe case of Ausperger's. One night we chatted because he took to me kind of like an in-game mom. I could tell there was something very special about him. First, he could quote any part of the Lore behind the game. Second, we could go into a fight that he had never been in before and move by move map out the fight - perfectly. BUT, I could also tell he was stunted socially. So we talked one night and he confessed he was Ausperger's. He said he felt like a prisoner in his room because he could not function in the real world. People would ridicule him and he would become frozen with anxiety when trying to interact with real people. In the game, he was able to become the person that he couldn't be in real life....and found something he could excel at. I have read a story (that was covered by national media) of an Ausperger who found the same kind of "life" inside Second Life. He actually started a society in Second Life for autistic people.

Sometimes what gets billed as bad is something that gives certain people (shut-ins, socially challenged, etc.) a way to interact because no one can see that they have a disability. They get to be whole....with special powers even! lol

I think it's a good idea for a thread since I don't know much about this game at all. It's received some notoriety in at least one other case I'm following where the players (and murderers!) were teenage boys and they communicated with other players about how they were planning to lure, rape and murder a young girl (Kimberly Proctor in BC).

I'm wondering if her gaming was also being used to communicate with other men to potentially hook up. I would really love to know what her username was on there.

I think it's a good idea for a thread since I don't know much about this game at all. It's received some notoriety in at least one other case I'm following where the players (and murderers!) were teenage boys and they communicated with other players about how they were planning to lure, rape and murder a young girl (Kimberly Proctor in BC).

I'm wondering if her gaming was also being used to communicate with other men to potentially hook up. I would really love to know what her username was on there.

I personally would LOVE to know Terri's toon name.

Hey Val...

Is there any record kept or any kind of transcript kept on the server for WOW, do you think?

I don't see a problem with WOW--except when it's used for nefarious purposes. Online gaming doesn't bother me at all.

In the Venus Stewart case, Venus' husband used WOW to arrange for an accomplice to help him carry out the murder of Venus. That's what provoked me to ponder whether Terri might have used WOW in a similar way.

I guess WOW is kinda like the rest of the 'net. Good people can use it for good reasons, and the bad for bad.

Thanks for the info!

This was such an excellent illuminating article. Stunning when we see the disparity and Terri's deception. Facebook seemed to be the place where Terri created the world she wanted...the faux person she WISHED she was.

Was she posting sweet family moments in the intervals between creating the hateful emails about a seven year old child? She seems obsessed with artificiality.

Anyway...great posting...thank you so much!

Hey Val...

Is there any record kept or any kind of transcript kept on the server for WOW, do you think?

I don't see a problem with WOW--except when it's used for nefarious purposes. Online gaming doesn't bother me at all.

In the Venus Stewart case, Venus' husband used WOW to arrange for an accomplice to help him carry out the murder of Venus. That's what provoked me to ponder whether Terri might have used WOW in a similar way.

I guess WOW is kinda like the rest of the 'net. Good people can use it for good reasons, and the bad for bad.

Thanks for the info!

So right! I'm sure there are very very sick people - even evil people - playing WoW. I will say that WoW is probably not going to be the game of choice for such personalities as sadistics, and other people who have fantasies of violence against REAL people. And the reason I feel safe saying that is hardcore "gamers" tend to look at WoW as "cartoonish". And it is. You are a character like a skeleton (undead) or a Tauren (bulbous-headed bovine), etc. And the mobs (the bad guys) may be "humanoids", but they tend to be garish, evil looking characters that are part of the evil forces that have ruined the world. It's not a real conducive atmosphere for someone whose intention would be to want to act out a fantasy of doing terrible things to real people. AND, I can tell you that I have been playing since end of 2006, been several guilds during that timeframe and on many occasions seen players not only booted from guilds, but banned from the game by Blizzard for behavior that was unacceptable. So the whole atmosphere is not real conducive to deviant behavior.

BUT - as you point out, evil people will find a way to use anything to their benefit. The deal is, it is VERY hard to find a local conspirator playing WoW. First of all, there are hundreds of servers called realms. Unless you ALREADY KNOW SOMEONE who plays or is willing to play in order to privately chat with you, the odds against getting on one given server, and then serendipitously running on to someone down the road from you (even when you live near a large city like Portland), are going to be fairly substantial.

I personally don't think WoW plays into what Terri was doing as far as devious plots, but I can't rule it out. I think the total package of her being a drunk and spending way too much time online for a mother of three developing children is negative I see. I've been on line since before there was an online. Seriously. Hooked by modem to BBS's before the great wide "internet" was commercially available. When my children were in their developmental years, any time I spent online was limited to after they were in bed for the night. As my kids got older, I began to spend more time online in discussion boards. It was until my daughter was near 18 years old and my son past 21 that I even had the time to consider playing a game online.

That's the part that bothers me. Remember Baby Grace? The little girl found in a cooler off Galveston? Her mom and dad met through WoW. And odds are she died because they were two addicts to WoW who got pissed that their playtime was interfered with by the needs of a toddler. Bad people are everywhere. But all the places you find them are not necessarily bad.

Now, the IMVU world (the particular world in IMVU) that AB and EB were in....that's some sick crap right there.

Valhall's new blog post on the Hinky Meter includes some comments from Nov 16th where Terri Horman's facebook statements are contradictory to the emails she sent to friends about 2 months before Kyron went missing. In her facebook comments, Terri admits to spending a lot of her time on gaming and playing a game called World of Warcraft, as well as some other surprising statements. We are able to discuss this blog post here as well as the facebook comments referred to in this blog post.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/17/kyron-horman-case-the-two-faces-of-terri/

That's an excellent blog post and really exposes the lies on top of lies!

I think it just depended on the audience. To her closest friends, Terri might seek sympathy so she would slam Kaine and Kyron. To acquaintances on Facebook or at the School, she would build herself up as the perfect mother.

Talking about gaming probably made her feel younger than she actually is.

Talking about money was done to either build herself up as a lucky homemaker in order to make others jealous, or to rant about Kaine whenever she was mad at him.

Whichever way the wind was blowing at the moment. JMOO :twocents: Whatever served her purposes the most.

I wrote a post about WOW over on that thread.

My son plays WOW and it seems rather harmless to me, and it only costs 15.00 a month, although you have to pay about $30 whenever there's an upgrade (we often count those as birthday or Christmas presents).

Terri could chat with people on there, but actually I see her cell phone problems as much more telling than this.

ETA: I realize there are bad people everywhere on the internet, and predators, too. But the vast majority of people on WOW are probably just there to play the game.

OK guys WOW is in the Parking Lot please bring that discussion there.

xoxoxoxo

I also know of several people who have met through Wow and are now in relationships even though there in different countries.

This sort of tickled me.. to take it another step further, I know of a lot of those couples who married and immigrated in real life, to one or the other's country from a relationship that started on WOW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back